Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationship with teachers?

+23
La Xime
Daniela Roldán
Laura Algarra
9AUrbinaJuan
juansegura1999
ramirosimon1989
mariasaavedra
Juanaolave
Santiago_Garcia
gabrielaaguirre1
manuel11
marianatorresp
Vale Gómez
Manuelacastrillon
Yamito
juanitamendez27
delgadossdvsf
MarianaSantafé
AndresMaldonado9925
carloshernandez
Santiescobar11227
JoseRey99
Admin
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Relationship with teachers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by gabrielaaguirre1 Mon 18 May - 16:24

I think to some extent, it is good to have a relationship with teachers. At the end of the day, you spend more time with them than with your family. But of course, everything has its limit. I think to have them in facebook is a little weird, and not good. As I said earlier, limits. Seeing a teacher outside the school would be good only for private lessons. Not for anything else.

gabrielaaguirre1
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juansegura1999 Thu 21 May - 20:35

in most cases it is a relationship of convenience, but with the passage of time an affection or hatred towards them is created

juansegura1999
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AUrbinaJuan Tue 27 Sep - 17:58

I think that the relationship between a stundent and a teacher should not go forder beyond than that, because they will only see each other on the school, there is no need for them to talk to each other out side the hours of school, all of them should always have clear the types of relationship they can have with one person, the teacher is not been paid for being your friend, he/she is being paid for teaching you something that is going to be usefulll in your life. After school many students wont be able te remember the name of their teachers but they will always remember what hey were tought, so for conclusion I think students and teachers should not be friends outside of the school, obviously if they find each other they can say hello and talk, but not something that goes further beyond that.

9AUrbinaJuan
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Tue 27 Sep - 18:43

It depends on both the teacher and the student, whether they want to keep a close communication outside the school and add themselves in social media or not do it is their business. Any kind of relationship can be formed between anyone, anywhere and at anytime. I don't agree with the ones that oppose with this since no one have rights on the others life and what they want to do with it or with whom they want to talk. Talking with a teacher or a miss outside school does not mean they do not have a spark of decency or values, we don't need to take everything to an extreme.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniela Roldán Sun 2 Oct - 19:15

I think you can get to have a certain relationship with a teacher, if you need help or don´t know what to do about something, most of them will be glad to show support. But there is a very thing line in this kind of relationship. First, respect has to go both ways, so there aren´t problems or misunderstandings, second you need to remember that teachers are still the authority and you need to treat them as such. Be careful to not cross that thin line or that the teacher crosses it.

Daniela Roldán
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by La Xime Tue 4 Oct - 21:58

The relationship between teacher and student should be completely profesional. Due to the fact when you get trust with a teacher you start treating them as a friend. Which goes wrong because the teacher in college has a higher range and it has the need to respect him and not to treat him as one of your friends or partners. That´s why teacher have a strict relation with the students.
La Xime
La Xime
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilo.DlH Tue 4 Oct - 22:27

The relationship between a teacher and a student can't be completely professional since teachers are life examples and can give better advises to students in their personal lifes but it cannot be completely friendship since a teacher has a higher position than the student and it represents an authority to it. I think that there is no problem if a teacher and a student are friends in Facebook. I also think that students and teachers shouldn't gather outside school if the objective of the activity isn't related to academics because it may be seen badly by parents or other students.
Camilo.DlH
Camilo.DlH
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pablismo Wed 5 Oct - 19:33

This maybe a cliché at this moment in this online debate, but I think that as long teachers ansd students doesnt develop any type of "love" feeling, that is ok, at least in my perspective, due to the fact that both dont have the same kind/level of thinking skills, so maybe is the best for both of them.

Pablismo
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan Reátiga Fri 21 Oct - 21:43

I think the learning process would be negatively affected if teachers and students have that kind of relationships. Having a personal relationship is not necessary at all.
Megan Reátiga
Megan Reátiga
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Sat 22 Oct - 0:55

It might be. Teachers can boost your confidence or become helpful when they become friendly to you.
This also goes the other side. It could be that teachers learn from us in a friendly context. Of course, they won't learn anything intellectual due to our inferiority in this scope but maybe they can get cool deductions and ideas in their heads of how we act as people or teenagers exactly in this case.
Now, outside from school... In the case of non-academic encounters, I don't see anything wrong if both know how to tell between communication at school or outside. What I certainly acknowledge is that once the teacher isn't teacher anymore, both can get by really well to talk about life or whatever existentialist questions might arise, leaving a little remainder of the tutoring relationship these could had had.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2