Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you be able to maintain a distance relationship?

+11
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Laura Algarra
Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
Juan Pablo Perez
mateo.infante
Gtortoretto
Megan Reátiga
Juanzapata31
FelipeDussan
9APaula
Ruiz12
15 posters

Go down

Would you be able to maintain a distance relationship? Empty Would you be able to maintain a distance relationship?

Post by Ruiz12 Mon 3 Oct - 18:30

Now days technology is helping couples around the world who think the love they feel for each other even bigger than the distance between them. On the other side their is people who think that loyalty is a hard work, so what do you think, could you be able to do it?
Ruiz12
Ruiz12
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Would you be able to maintain a distance relationship? Empty Re: Would you be able to maintain a distance relationship?

Post by 9APaula Mon 3 Oct - 20:56

Personally I wouldn't be able to maintain a distance relationship for a lot of reasons. First of all, even though you trust your partner it is difficult that you can be hundred percent sure she or him is being loyal to you. Second, a big part of a relationship for me is passing time together, going out, having dates, and all that stuff that you can't do if you are on a distance relationship. I really admire that people that make that kind of relationship work because they demostrate that their love is really and endless. But I wouldn't be capable of having a distance relationship.
9APaula
9APaula
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Would you be able to maintain a distance relationship? Empty Re: Would you be able to maintain a distance relationship?

Post by FelipeDussan Wed 5 Oct - 17:46

If love is real, and you know that person you are waiting for, at the other side of the world is worth it, go for it. You don't know if he or she could be the mom/dad of your children. However, if you see that it's really impossible to maintain that relationship, is better to give space between each other, or both could get hurt, time will determinated if you both belong to each other.
FelipeDussan
FelipeDussan
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanzapata31 Wed 5 Oct - 18:28

If is is true love, it would work, because love has no distance, is both of the persons are loyal their won't be problem, but if is for a long time, it won't work, they can get tired of not being each other, but in my experience, a distance relationship can work.
Juanzapata31
Juanzapata31
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan Reátiga Wed 5 Oct - 18:35

I think it would be possible. But both people should be really in love and really commited to each other. They should talk very often and don't ever forget to pay attention to their loved ones. If it is true love, there are no limits.
Megan Reátiga
Megan Reátiga
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Wed 5 Oct - 18:40

Distance relationship can work, but both of the lovers need to maintain contact, if not it will gradually disappearing. Another thing both need to have is a lot of love for each other, keeping this type of relation can be very difficult and require effort to maintain, so to keep the relation you need to truly love this person. With technology nowadays it can be a lot easier to stabling communication and keep the ball rolling.
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mateo.infante Wed 5 Oct - 18:47

I think that I could not mantain a distance relationship because I think that something that is necessary for mantaining a relationship is physical contact for preserve a relationship in which you could trust and I think that people would prefer a relationship in which you could go and paint the town red with soemone.

mateo.infante
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by FelipeDussan Thu 20 Oct - 10:18

mateo.infante wrote:I think that I could not mantain a distance relationship because I think that something that is necessary for mantaining a relationship is physical contact for preserve a relationship in which you could trust and I think that people would prefer a relationship in which you could go and paint the town red with soemone.

But why the necessity of physical contact? I found this very incoherent with the definition of love. Of course a stable ralationship needs of physical presence;however, it is not the primary key for a sincere relationship. If you can't handle a distance relationship, I think you are not capable to love, or you don't love that person at all. Even thought you can't see that person every day, you can call he or she, and put a smile on that face, laugh, and do romantic stuff even if distance is between you two. In addition, I prefer just to listen and see that special person to me every day on a computer for the next ten years, than not knowing about her, not listening to her problems and not supporting her, even if she is at the other corner of the world, even she is 1000000 miles apart from me. I just say you one thing, when that special person leaves, never come back again, and forget you, don't cry on the spilt milk.
FelipeDussan
FelipeDussan
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Pablo Perez Sun 23 Oct - 17:59

Some people say that distance love is love of four; however, i think that one can be able to maintain a distance relationship if he is patient enough and really loves that person. When a relationship bypasses the physical scope and reaches an spiritual scope, there is nothing that can break that couple up, nor distance nor anything.

Juan Pablo Perez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Jose Pinzon Gil Sun 23 Oct - 18:07

I personally believe I couldn't maintain a distance relationship because I think that I wouldn't be able to last many time without himand also something that makes the relation stronger is the fact of seeing each other constantly

Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Sun 23 Oct - 20:57

I would have to love a lot that person and the feeling must be mutual in order for a long distance relationship to work. It is very difficult to maintain a relationship of that kind since you can't see that person frequently, no hugs, no kisses, no nothing concerning physical interaction, of course that is not all what matters in a relationship; however, it is an important part of a relationship to be capable of feeling that other person. You will be forced to see that person by a screen and that's all, you will not hang out with he/she whenever you want or that person want, it is very possible that insecurity increases between the two and cheating is also a possible solution for the lack of physical contact.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by OpTc Felipe Díaz Sun 23 Oct - 20:59

I think that it is possible but very difficult to maintain, because with distance you can not feel the person close, you probably will meet other person that is close and makes you feel accompanied.
OpTc Felipe Díaz
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielaACookies9A Sun 23 Oct - 22:00

Personally, I would not be able to have a distance relationship because I can`t spend like 1 week without seeing Juanchi, so I can`t imagine how it will be like entire months, I need to give him a hug, hanging out on saturday`s and so own.

DanielaACookies9A
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by lilipaez Mon 24 Oct - 0:12

Well it depends in a lot of facts like how mature you are and how much confidence you have towards the other person because if you can't haddle to have a relationship in your own school you neither can't have a relationship in distance. So if you are going to do it you are really mature and know how to do things
lilipaez
lilipaez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfeCISF Mon 24 Oct - 0:56

Ruiz12 wrote:Now days technology is helping couples around the world who think the love they feel for each other even bigger than the distance between them. On the other side their is people who think that loyalty is a hard work, so what do you think, could you be able to do it?
In my personal opinion I think that I could not do it because for me it is not the same to see sombody in the real life than seen it on a camera, but I would like to say that I admire the people that can actually do this and I include you in this people Simon.
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraCastaneda99 Mon 24 Oct - 2:32

The question is not to maintain a long distance relationship; the two are whether is strong enough to go ahead Regardless of the distance. Many believe that these relationships are not worth it, but I think the opposite because if a person can stand being away from you and stay loyal, demonstrates his love for you. This to illustrate the idea that distance love is not for everyone, this is the most complicated love, makes you understand the importance of the other person in your life and what you'd be willing to do to see it even be for a brief moment.
LauraCastaneda99
LauraCastaneda99
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down