Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English or Mandarin? What do you think?

+30
Gtortoretto
La Xime
juanjose10
gabrielaaguirre1
SebasGuzman98
Yamito
Santiescobar11227
juanitamendez27
Angélica
mariapaula
NICO CUBILLOS
JoseRey99
marianatorresp
jorgerey
CamilaCastellanos
Cesarburgos19
MarianaSantafé
felipepedroza26
Gigigravier
carloshernandez
lauragomez
NicoManrique
lauratusso
Santiago_Garcia
laurabenavides
Vale Gómez
michi_pantin
Manuelacastrillon
Yizuztowers
Admin
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

English or Mandarin? What do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: English or Mandarin? What do you think?

Post by marianatorresp Wed 15 Apr - 8:15

I believe that English is one of the most important languages in this moment. Knowing English is now a requirement for every job, so if you do not know this language you are really going to miss the boat for great opportunities at work.

marianatorresp
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

English or Mandarin? What do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: English or Mandarin? What do you think?

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 8:17

Mandarin is a lot more complicated than English and could have a lot more of importance worldwide; therefore it could replace English as the universal language but the problem is English is already learned by a lot of countries around the world. Changing this would be very hard and mostly useless so nowadays English is definitely more important.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoseRey99 Wed 15 Apr - 8:21

Yizuztowers wrote:English is only a global language due to the monopolized world we live in. If China becomes a potency, mandarin will become the global language.

You are talking about an economical thought you may have. But what if I tell you that the worst economical catastrophis where never expected and happen once in a blue moon; Indeed, a good example can be the economical decay of New York City in 1929.

That's why i think English is more important because of it's actual use, and maybe mandarin never become an esencial lenguage as you thought.

JoseRey99
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by carloshernandez Wed 15 Apr - 8:25

I think that Mandarin is one of the most difficult language far cry from English that is a language more easier to learn. I think that English is better than Mandarin because for me is better than a person learn English than Mandarin because nowadays English is the global language so is better to learn it, but also is good to learn Mandarin because for me in the future it would be the global language.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by NICO CUBILLOS Wed 15 Apr - 11:28

I prefer emglish because it's more simple to learn and most of the people of all the world talk this language, but this is easy to write. Chinese has a very complex handwriting and have a lot of letters that are very difficult to write, and the grammar is complex too

NICO CUBILLOS
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesarburgos19 Wed 15 Apr - 11:55

Even though Mandarin is far cry from English, they are very important languages around the world. Despite the fact that Mandarin is spoken by the majority of the people around the world is not as useful as English.

Cesarburgos19
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 12:03

Despite the amount of people that nowadays speak mandarin language in the world, it is a reality English must be the principal one, because of the influence and opportunities it brings you in live. English, far cry from mandarin language is one every person in every part of the world has to Know.

Back to top Go down

Post by mariapaula Wed 15 Apr - 15:03

Mandarin, because is the language that is at the first place, being the most important of all the langues, it also is an interesting language to learn about it and if you love language you can learn it like a drop of a hat.

mariapaula
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Angélica Wed 15 Apr - 19:34

I think that English compared to Mandarin, can be learned fairly quickly and it can opens up new opportunities. Learning Mandarin is a difficult thing so you have to put your back into learned it.

Angélica
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Angélica Wed 15 Apr - 19:35

I think that English compared to Mandarin, can be learned fairly quickly and it can opens up new opportunities. Learning Mandarin is a difficult thing so you have to put your back into learned it.

Angélica
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juanitamendez27 Wed 15 Apr - 20:51

In my opinion, I think English is is more important because nowadays it has turned to be a global language. I believe almost any job is requiring workers who manage English as second language. However, taking into a count the world keeps progressing, I think in the future we would need other language like Mandarin.

juanitamendez27
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by carloshernandez Wed 15 Apr - 21:13

I think that learn Mandarin is good because personally I think that Mandarin in the future would be global language as the English is nowadays.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiescobar11227 Thu 16 Apr - 16:59

In my opinion both languages are important; however, I think that mandarin is another option of relation to society;despite the fact, English is an actual and most important language the mandarin could be the future of world,but also we can said the it would be interesting learning both idioms building up our culture.

Santiescobar11227
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamito Sat 18 Apr - 14:29

In many parts of the world English is a language that could be manage by many countries. Mandarin is managed only by Asian people, so for many people this language is complicated and difficult. In my opinion is better to know English than Mandarin.
Yamito
Yamito
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by SebasGuzman98 Tue 21 Apr - 16:20

I think that English is more important because is the language in witch you can communicated with people all over the world. I had the opportunity to make two experiences with international students and I communicate with them with English and them between them with English.
SebasGuzman98
SebasGuzman98
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by gabrielaaguirre1 Sat 25 Apr - 22:06

I believe that english is more important than mandarin. Starting with the fact that it is easier to learn English than Mandarin, and most of the people in the world speak English. Now, if we talk about study opportunities, something that we students keep in our heads these days, most of the most prestigious universities in the world speak English.

gabrielaaguirre1
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juanjose10 Mon 27 Apr - 5:39

Although bove languages have the same importance, mandarin has a highest difficulty level of learning than english, and is used in an specific part of the world. On the other hand, english is a global language, talk by people all around the world.

juanjose10
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by La Xime Sat 22 Oct - 21:24

Both are them are important due to those languages are from countries that have a great potencial. Thanks to this is necessary to know and speak a bit both. So is importan nowadays to speak more than two languages. In this one are: Spanish, English and mandarin since are the three languages ore spoken all around the world. In addition there is no competition between english or mandarin in fact it matters and it will make a great different if you speak both.
La Xime
La Xime
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Sat 22 Oct - 21:29

English is much better than mandarin for many reasons. One of the reasons it that mandarin can be a very spoken language bot only on China and not everyone nows how to speak this language, in the other hand English isn't as big as mandarin but almost everyone nowadays now to to speak English and many countries of the world have English as one of their primary languages.
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanestebanjunco Sun 23 Oct - 15:50

The English is most important because this a Global Language, in some countries where the languages are diverse, English has been established like the secondary languge and its population speak between them in english , mandarin was a tendency which was based on the argument that china is the factory for the world, but now the tendencies for factoring is based on local zones.

Juanestebanjunco
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriela Sun 23 Oct - 19:01

Really? English or Mandarin? English is cataloged as the universal language, it is spoken by about 375 million people in the entire world only as their morher tongue, the only area in which is overcomed by Mandarin. Mamdarin is the language with the biggest amount of people that has it as it's mother tongue, but English is the language most learned in the entire world. Yes, it might not be a complex and super evolutionated language, but most likely is that the reason for it to be so learned, it is simple to learn.

Gabriela
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Jose Gomez Sun 23 Oct - 22:31

As many in this forum before me, I think English is way better than Mandarin. English is much more easier to learn, regarding to vocabulary and grammar and verb tenses. If someone takes the decision to start with the Mandarin, well, that person shall start by learning a completely different alphabet! And although China is the biggest country, not all asian countries speak it. English offers a lot of advantages. No matter where you go, you will always find someone who speaks English. This language allows people to have better jobs, to study in different places, get scholarships, and travel wherever he or she likes. I believe English is the language of the future, and it is so wide that learning it means not only privilege, but now a complete necessity, and clearly, the key to success.
Maria Jose Gomez
Maria Jose Gomez
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliaalfonso0 Sun 23 Oct - 22:45

It depends absolutely on the person and the interest... but in my personal opinion I think English because in this moment it is universally the language more used, you have to care about today and not tomorrow... So for the moment you should learn English... Plus a big pile of books and the best ones are written in english, wish you luck choosing Shocked
Nataliaalfonso0
Nataliaalfonso0
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2