Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.

+7
Juan Pablo Perez
Juanestebanjunco
Juan Diego Osso
ItzjakPosada16
9AIvanGuerrero
Marianamonroy00
juanfernando1209
11 posters

Go down

Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.  Empty Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.

Post by juanfernando1209 Thu 20 Oct - 22:40

Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.
juanfernando1209
juanfernando1209
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.  Empty Re: Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.

Post by Marianamonroy00 Fri 21 Oct - 14:31

juanfernando1209 wrote: Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.
I couldn't agree more with you! I believe that giving them money is only encouraging them to keep begging , the best way to help this people is by giving them opportunities or to provide education ; nevertheless, this kinds of programs for help with education should be provided by the government.
Marianamonroy00
Marianamonroy00
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.  Empty Re: Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.

Post by 9AIvanGuerrero Sat 22 Oct - 14:34

I think the best way is this one but you dont have to be conformed with just giving him by lot 2 thousand pesos, in my case I would like to open a center of rehabilitationa and seraching for people who lives in the street wich in my country it is a big problem so they can iniciate again their lives in a good way, this obviously with effort, dedication and being the best in my career and job as a reseracher or a medic.
9AIvanGuerrero
9AIvanGuerrero
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by ItzjakPosada16 Sun 23 Oct - 12:52

That could probably not be the best way to help them, but see in this way, you are head of a family (men or women) and you have your children's waiting for you to come with something to eat, because the only thing they can eat is garbage, and I think we all know eating garbage is not the best way to have a good nutrition, any way, it's night and cold, the only way to take something decent to your kids its begging for money, because you should also know that the government it's supposed to give the opportunity to this people, but let me tell you a secret, they don't, so the only for them to having acces to money is by begging, off course we do not know how this feel, and we probably never do it, because we where born in good families, but that does not mean you should only help in word, you can also do it in action, off course is not the better way to help them but it's better than just sitting and criticize how other people help.
ItzjakPosada16
ItzjakPosada16
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Diego Osso Sun 23 Oct - 15:14

juanfernando1209 wrote: Giving money to beggars is not the best way to hel them.
I strongly agree with you! Many beggars are in the streets because they have addicton problems that make them be broke and have empty hands on economical terms. As long as we keep giving them money they will keep using it to purchase drugs such as Alcohol, Glue and even Heroin. My best advice is to buy them bread, meat, milk or some sort of food that can calm the hunger they have which is blinded by their horrible addiction. To add something, there are some cases in which beggars are obligated to ask for money in order for them to give that money to street mafias that treat them as slaves. Mad Take this into account:
Juan Diego Osso
Juan Diego Osso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Diego Osso Sun 23 Oct - 15:20

9AIvanGuerrero wrote:I think the best way is this one but you dont have to be conformed with just giving him by lot 2 thousand pesos, in my case I would like to open a center of rehabilitationa and seraching for people who lives in the street wich in my country it is a big problem so they can iniciate again their lives in a good way, this obviously with effort, dedication and being the best in my career and job as a reseracher or a medic.
Iván you have to understand to things. Firstly, these rehabilitation centres already exist. I'll give you a very close example in mi city: Bogotá. As soon as the new mayor Enrique Peñalosa took office, he planed and executed a police operation to attack criminal beggar-drugadict webs like the one called ''Calle del Bronx''. Here's my second point: This people where removed from there and they were ofered to enter a center that the city holds with our taxes. Opening more centres is not a solution because you can't obligate these poor people to be clean: the ball is in their court to leave their addictions. Here's a video of the operative:
Juan Diego Osso
Juan Diego Osso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanestebanjunco Sun 23 Oct - 17:06

I think when you give money to beggars, you are promoting this a business because some people prefer inspire pity from other , and the do not acceptance the life and they do not try to outdo, in cities like Bogota some times the beggars are part of bussines and if you give money you are promoting this kind of ilegal activities

Juanestebanjunco
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Pablo Perez Sun 23 Oct - 17:30

Giving money to beggars can affect them as well as help them; however, you can't just leave someone who need help without it just because you have the sought of what is this person going to do with the money. You have your heart clean when helping someone because you know you did the right thing; however, it would be better if you give food or other type of help rather than money.

Juan Pablo Perez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by La Xime Sun 23 Oct - 18:35

Giving money to someone is not a good way to help them. Since they see they can have easily money without going to work or even trying. Instead of giving them money give them clothes or food. Is better because you know they are not going to spend it on drugs or in alcohol. While when you give them money there is an in certain on what are they going to do with the money.
La Xime
La Xime
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Jose Pinzon Gil Sun 23 Oct - 18:38

I think this isnt the best way because if they know people always give them money they will stay there forever because they seem to be poor but they actually gain a lot of money from people giving them money almost daily

Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielaACookies9A Sun 23 Oct - 21:02

I think that giving money for them, specially to the ones that are in drugs is a mistake because the money you give them will arrive to more drugs and they will never get out of that situation, if you want to help them, you can go and let them in a place that helps beggars, if they have a family you cane give them something to eat, there are many ways to help people, not just giving money.

DanielaACookies9A
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Jose Gomez Sun 23 Oct - 22:43

Giving money to beggars creates various problems: First of all, these creates a whole "business", if so to speak, where they get used to receive money and take advantage of their original necessity. They might spend that money in drugs or God knows what else. For me, the worst thing ever is to see children begging. What on Earth are they doing there! They are completely forced by their parents to beg so that people get compassionate for them and moreover, pay. That is child abuse and forced work! The government provides the chance for those kids to go to school with free tuitions, but their families force them to work. So, I totally disapprove giving money to beggars. On other aspects, some other people just pretend having the extreme necessities beggars have and they perfectly disguise pretending they are one. The dealings the make sum up to millions! We cannot continue supporting this type of actions. Haven't you noticed which ones ask for bread and which ones for money?
Maria Jose Gomez
Maria Jose Gomez
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down