Do words have power?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do words have power?

Post by JuanFe.gto on Mon 2 Oct - 8:28

It is believed that words tend to have a powerful influence when talking about various religions, some state that praying is a direct connection with God, other simply have certain words that supposedly generate an effect on you such as Mantras in Eastern cultures. Therefore, on your own opinion, do words have the power to produce a change, to alter the order of things, to make a "wish"?
avatar
JuanFe.gto
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Do words have power?

Post by Daniel Novoa on Mon 2 Oct - 10:17

In my opinion people should strive to achieve their goals through their own choices and actions regardless of their beliefs or religions. Humanity can not progress "wishing things" without doing anything to fulfill them.

Daniel Novoa
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Posts : 21
Join date : 2017-09-19
Age : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: Do words have power?

Post by JuanFe.gto on Mon 2 Oct - 17:15

Daniel Novoa wrote:In my opinion people should strive to achieve their goals through their own choices and actions regardless of their beliefs or religions. Humanity can not progress "wishing things" without doing anything to fulfill them.
That's true Daniel, however how words or saying something such as "I am capable of saving the money enough to afford that car" and being convicted of it could affect the person in a way it may achieve these goal, the same for praying, is it really a way of achieving thing, does it help you feel stronger for getting to those goals you want?
avatar
JuanFe.gto
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Do words have power?

Post by Angelica Herrera on Mon 2 Oct - 18:27

JuanFe.gto wrote:It is believed that words tend to have a powerful influence when talking about various religions, some state that praying is a direct connection with God, other simply have certain words that supposedly generate an effect on you such as Mantras in Eastern cultures. Therefore, on your own opinion, do words have the power to produce a change, to alter the order of things, to make a "wish"?
Words do have powers because the first thing you must do to achieve something is to believe in it and have the attitude to start it; however, words don’t count if they stay in words and not change into actions, if you say something but you don’t do it then it has no meaning. That’s why actions can hurt more than words, and that’s why actions count more. Because everything you do has a meaning, and every word lost it’s meaning if you don’t do it, because at the end the result is what you do.

Angelica Herrera
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-09-18
Age : 15
Location : Bogotá, Colombia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do words have power?

Post by JuanFe.gto on Mon 2 Oct - 18:54

Angelica Herrera wrote:
JuanFe.gto wrote:It is believed that words tend to have a powerful influence when talking about various religions, some state that praying is a direct connection with God, other simply have certain words that supposedly generate an effect on you such as Mantras in Eastern cultures. Therefore, on your own opinion, do words have the power to produce a change, to alter the order of things, to make a "wish"?
Words do have powers because the first thing you must do to achieve something is to believe in it and have the attitude to start it; however, words don’t count if they stay in words and not change into actions, if you say something but you don’t do it then it has no meaning. That’s why actions can hurt more than words, and that’s why actions count more. Because everything you do has a meaning, and every word lost it’s meaning if you don’t do it, because at the end the result is what you do.
That's an interesting point however how could words affect the actions we take towards our goals? How saying "I am weak", "i am not able to achieve it" affect us in a way our mind doesn't let us do what we want
avatar
JuanFe.gto
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Do words have power?

Post by Angelica Herrera on Mon 2 Oct - 19:06

JuanFe.gto wrote:
Angelica Herrera wrote:
JuanFe.gto wrote:It is believed that words tend to have a powerful influence when talking about various religions, some state that praying is a direct connection with God, other simply have certain words that supposedly generate an effect on you such as Mantras in Eastern cultures. Therefore, on your own opinion, do words have the power to produce a change, to alter the order of things, to make a "wish"?
Words do have powers because the first thing you must do to achieve something is to believe in it and have the attitude to start it; however, words don’t count if they stay in words and not change into actions, if you say something but you don’t do it then it has no meaning. That’s why actions can hurt more than words, and that’s why actions count more. Because everything you do has a meaning, and every word lost it’s meaning if you don’t do it, because at the end the result is what you do.
That's an interesting point however how could words affect the actions we take towards our goals? How saying "I am weak", "i am not able to achieve it" affect us in a way our mind doesn't let us do what we want
Well, JuanFe the thing about words is that you usually believe in them, so when you say “I can’t do this” and you keep saying it, you start believing it. Consequently, you stop trying because you started believing in what you said about not being able to do it and like I said before: the first thingy oh must do to achieve something is to believe in it. Your mind can be either your enemy or your best friend, because the mind believes everything you say, so if you say that you can’t, your mind will start believing in it.

Angelica Herrera
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-09-18
Age : 15
Location : Bogotá, Colombia

Back to top Go down

Re: Do words have power?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum