Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why technology is important today?

+17
Cristian Gonzalez 9D
juanfeCISF
MariaJoseOsorio25
ChrisGarcia
CamilaBaez9A
9APaula
JuanFelipeDavila
sofiamoreno
lauramoscoso
Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
manuela8
Valeconstain
Gtortoretto
Daniela Roldán
Ana María
Saarangom
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why technology is important today?  Empty Why technology is important today?

Post by 9ADaniel_Acevedo99 Mon 26 Sep - 13:41

Technology is important in these days because it gives a lot of functions in the society of the XXI century like communication, education, entertainment, and improves the scientific progress. Without technology we would be not so avanced. Talking about technology is a hot potato, and the reason why is because it is the future, in my opinion it is an indispensable thing to humanity, technology simplifies all the tasks that move the society, we use it everyday and we can see it almost in every place in the world. You simply, can't deny it.
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Why technology is important today?  Empty Re: Why technology is important today?

Post by Saarangom Mon 26 Sep - 18:36

I have to remove this rose colored spectacles view you manage. You need to see that simplifying our tasks isn´t good in the long run. We will become truly lazy, even more than we are now. The machines will dominate us. I recommend listening to Karn Evil 9 by Emerson, Lake & Palmer and watch the lyrics.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Why technology is important today?  Empty Re: Why technology is important today?

Post by Ana María Mon 26 Sep - 19:19

Technology now days is really important for us; for the reason it help us humans make our life easier because we can get access to the diversity of stuff or information we have interest. Saving time.

Ana María

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Tue 27 Sep - 8:57

Technology is one of the most important thing in our lives today. Technology nowadays can help us by doing tasks and help our day to day routine, for example writing, writing with computers is a pice of cake. Technology isn't important just for fun, but it can be crucial at medicine, with the important machines that can save the life of someone
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniela Roldán Tue 27 Sep - 9:10

At the drop of a hat I do state that technology is really important in today's moving, changing world. We learn with technology, we use it to contact people who are dear to us, but are really far away. Nowadays we want quick and useful solutions to problems and technology helps us a lot doing this since it provides the answers to any type of question from any topic almost instantly. Although technology is by far one of the most important aspects in today's society we must never forget to be in the real world as it is really easy to loose ourselves in the world that is handed at us with just a touch of a button.

Daniela Roldán
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniela Roldán Tue 27 Sep - 9:14

Saarangom wrote:I have to remove this rose colored spectacles view you manage. You need to see that simplifying our tasks isn´t good in the long run. We will become truly lazy, even more than we are now. The machines will dominate us. I recommend listening to Karn Evil 9 by Emerson, Lake & Palmer and watch the lyrics.

This could happen in a distant future if we never learn to control our impulses to check our phone every single second of the day. Having said that, I think you are barking up the wrong tree since you do have to admit that technology is really important for us in many aspects of our daily life. So if we do learn to use it correctly maybe we can avoid what you said would happen.

Last edited by danielaroldan on Tue 27 Sep - 9:17; edited 1 time in total

Daniela Roldán
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Tue 27 Sep - 9:15

9ADaniel_Acevedo14 wrote:Technology is important in these days because it gives a lot of functions in the society of the XXI century like communication, education, entertainment, and improves the scientific progress. Without technology we would be not so avanced. Talking about technology is a hot potato, and the reason why is because it is the future, in my opinion it is an indispensable thing to humanity, technology simplifies all the tasks that move the society, we use it everyday and we can see it almost in every place in the world. You simply, can't deny it.
I completely agry with you Daniel, like you said in you comment, thecnology nowadays is one of the most important things in the century. Daniel and I see eye to eye in the point that without thecnology we wouldn't be so advanced, it can make so tasks and can help us in a manner that no person can do, like machines in a hospital, it can save people life. Thecnology can also make tasks a pice of cake in our day to day routine, like write in a computer. Thecnology is vital to all humans and is in all parts, like the writer said, is undeniable that the thecnology is everywhere and is vital to all of us.
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valeconstain Tue 27 Sep - 9:27

Ana María wrote:Technology now days is really important for us; for the reason it help us humans make our life easier because we can get access to the diversity of stuff or information we have interest. Saving time.
I agree with your point of view but i also think it is important to have into account that tecnology can not Take control of our lifes, in the way that we are in a moment when a lot of people have stop doing physical activity and talking Care of themselves because tecnology males everything for them.
Valeconstain
Valeconstain
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by manuela8 Tue 27 Sep - 13:09

As technology may show the best of both worlds in many aspects, it also can really damage the relation with the outside and the relations with people in real life; however, nowadays it's really useful and many times makes things easier.
manuela8
manuela8
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Jose Pinzon Gil Tue 27 Sep - 13:26

Technology is nowadays very important in society because we can use it for our benefit, and it helps a lot for school in homework, or for example if we need to understand something we can search for it, that is why technology is actually vital, is not that bad as many people thinks it is

Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by lauramoscoso Tue 27 Sep - 13:30

manuela8 wrote:As technology may show the best of both worlds in many aspects, it also can really damage the relation with the outside and the relations with people in real life; however, nowadays it's really useful and many times makes things easier.

I agree with Manuela in the sense that technology can damage our day to day relationships with our friends and family, now is nearly impossible to go to a restaurant and see a family enjoying a meal without checking their phones every 3 minutes. Technology, even if is necessary for our lives, is making people lazy since nowadays we can even do our grocery shopping from the comfort of our beds, there are now people who take our dog out for us or go to the bank to pay our bills. Even if it's a great advantage, we should learn how to use it efficiently without loosing ourselves and learn how to have the best of both worlds.

lauramoscoso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Tue 27 Sep - 13:30

Ok, I admit there are useful aspects of technology. I still hold my position on dominance. Though this might not be a real argument, I'd like to mention that usually what happens in Sci-Fi, ends up happening in real life.

Certainly, I am referring to the part of technology which does have the possibility of dominating us. I play Call of Duty and imagine myself as an old man using an exo suit. I wouldn't like that, it is not natural and fills me and maybe some others with angst. Look at Mad Max or Matrix. Machines are Post-Apocalyptical.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by sofiamoreno Tue 27 Sep - 18:35

I think technology is very important and useful this days, it help us for communicating at any place of the world. It allow us to investigate and learn in a easy way , we only have to learn to use it in the correct way.
sofiamoreno
sofiamoreno
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanFelipeDavila Tue 27 Sep - 19:07

I think technology is important because it make every thing easier. The communication is easier and being informed of things of social interest is easier. As always not everything is good, technology is one of the most addictive thing that exists nowadays.
JuanFelipeDavila
JuanFelipeDavila
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9APaula Tue 27 Sep - 19:31

JuanFelipeDavila wrote:I think technology is important because it make every thing easier. The communication is easier and being informed of things of social interest is easier. As always not everything is good, technology is one of the most  addictive thing that exists nowadays.

I think that technology is not something very addictive. Teenagers are the people that pass more time online and I just disagree this fact is caused because it is addictive. I think that the reason we pass so much time on internet is because we like to be inform of our friends lifes and also because sometimes you like to talk a lot to someone. Technology and the internet is not addictive, for me what is addictive is the necessity of talking to certain people.
9APaula
9APaula
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by CamilaBaez9A Tue 27 Sep - 21:13

I think that technology is very important nowadays because it is a way in which we receive every kind of information about whatever we want and whatever we need. Also as technology has avance now something before you could had only in your house by a desk computer , now you can have it in your cellphone in a practical way. Very Happy

CamilaBaez9A
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGarcia Wed 5 Oct - 9:17

Technology is very important nowadays because we can find information and know what is happening all around the world, also we can communicate with others, and express our opinions, but it is very addictive for teenagers and that is a very negative thing.
ChrisGarcia
ChrisGarcia

Back to top Go down

Post by MariaJoseOsorio25 Wed 5 Oct - 12:30

I know that we depend a lot from technology and it is very useful in our society but I consider that it is converting to a big problem, it will make us a lazy society, that is why governments should stop in some way that bad use that we give to it.
MariaJoseOsorio25
MariaJoseOsorio25
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Wed 5 Oct - 20:25

Technology is very important nowadays since it became a tool that almost everybody has. Technology overall can help you make tasks or help people to have a lot easier communication method. It is important to a fast source of information, such as the internet, it can even help save your life, at hospital there are some machines that can make you live. Technology is important and almost vital to everybody, it is everywhere and can be a piece of cake to use it.
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lauramoscoso Wed 5 Oct - 21:09

Technology is very important nowadays since is what we use everyday most of the time, even in classes we are regularly using the video beam or our iPads. We use technology even to do grocery shopping these days, making it necessary for our day to day living.

lauramoscoso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfeCISF Wed 5 Oct - 21:50

Now everything that we do in our lives is involved with technology, I think that is a good tool to simplifícate our lives
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Gonzalez 9D Thu 20 Oct - 9:55

JuanFelipeDavila wrote:I think technology is important because it make every thing easier. The communication is easier and being informed of things of social interest is easier. As always not everything is good, technology is one of the most  addictive thing that exists nowadays.

I think that what you are telling is true because the objective of technology is makeing the humans activities easier to do so that can make that many people become to be addicted to it because to all of us the easy things Are very nice to do and technology gives us facilities.
Cristian Gonzalez 9D
Cristian Gonzalez 9D
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by OpTc Felipe Díaz Sun 23 Oct - 19:50

I think that technology is a big problem to our society, I know that it simplifies our lives but we are depending to much of it, and it is very scary the effects that it can cause, I think that we need to not give much importance to it.
OpTc Felipe Díaz
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lilipaez Mon 24 Oct - 0:19

Our society is constantly changing. We live in an information society where the leading role has been given to new technologies, especially those devoted to information. Our society could not be imagined without new technologies and their role both in this society and in human life in general. Modern technology has revolutionized people’s communication.
lilipaez
lilipaez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juanita.ardila Tue 25 Oct - 19:38

It is actually funny how some people say government should stop the usage of a tool that has been managed in a bad way. We are being asked why is technology important, therefore, I should say it is a gadget that has lots of facilities, it helps us to find an effective and effortless solution to approach we are willing to find, for example, tv is worth because it helps us to stay updated to our country conditions, phones allow people to maintain close virtually etc, and although society has been giving the wrong use, they are blamed of their flaws of being addictive.
juanita.ardila
juanita.ardila
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next