Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes or no to the plebicite?

+3
Daniel Melo
Juan Pablo Perez
Kevin Santana
7 posters

Go down

Yes or no to the plebicite? Empty Yes or no to the plebicite?

Post by Kevin Santana Tue 27 Sep - 9:16

250.000 kills, 50.000 missing and 7'000.000 victims should be enough reasons to say yes to the plebicite, also because the plebicite have the greatest agreements ever made in Colombia history, and have international verification. The most relevant agreements are the delivery of weaponds, repair of victims and no repetition of the acts that had been made only for having political participation and respect of they life when they become normal citizens. In my opinion is the best for both worlds.

Kevin Santana
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Yes or no to the plebicite? Empty Re: Yes or no to the plebicite?

Post by Juan Pablo Perez Tue 27 Sep - 13:40

Kevin Santana wrote:250.000 kills, 50.000 missing and 7'000.000 victims should be enough reasons to say yes to the plebicite, also because the plebicite have the greatest agreements ever made in Colombia history, and have international verification. The most relevant agreements are the delivery of weaponds, repair of victims and no repetition of the acts that had been made only for having political participation and respect of they life when they become normal citizens. In my opinion is the best for both worlds.
"A country that doesn't know its story is condemned to repeat it" Nicolas Avellaneda

Juan Pablo Perez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Yes or no to the plebicite? Empty Be serious

Post by Daniel Melo Tue 27 Sep - 13:45

Kevin Santana wrote:250.000 kills, 50.000 missing and 7'000.000 victims should be enough reasons to say yes to the plebicite, also because the plebicite have the greatest agreements ever made in Colombia history, and have international verification. The most relevant agreements are the delivery of weaponds, repair of victims and no repetition of the acts that had been made only for having political participation and respect of they life when they become normal citizens. In my opinion is the best for both worlds.
How is possible that we are going to agree with a treatment that only beneficts the aggressors of violence? Victims are not take into account in the plebiscite, government told us a lot of white lies when they said all that kind of agreements. Guerilla will not leave arms, they just said. So the most accurate decision is to vote for the no and don't allow this kind of injustice.

Daniel Melo
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Pablo Perez Tue 27 Sep - 19:22

Well here is very polemic topic that requires unavoidably to be analyzed from an illustrated view, of someone who has read at least the first 200 pages of the peace treaty that was already signed and ratified. I am not saying that that is my case; however, i have some points that may be of interest to this topic.
My opinion is polarized;therefore, Why should we vote yes?
1. There will be a big land fund from which victims can favor.
2. Transitional justice is the most accurate way to end with a 52 years armed conflict.
3. There is very elaborated plan for victims retribution
4. the treaty works in a accordance with the principle objective of the united nation on its preamble to preserve peace at all costs.
5. members of FARC belligerent group will be reorganized on the society.
6. FARC member will do social work on cleaning out Colombian territory from land mines.
7. I rather prefer to fight with words on the polls that on the mount with rifles.

Now, Why should we vote no?
1. Indemnity funding on damages will be taken from taxes on some cases.
2. There will be land expropriation
3. the fear of becoming a 2nd Venezuela overtakes many Colombian minds.
4. ELN group should also be part of the peace treaty.

Juan Pablo Perez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by santiago.10945 Tue 27 Sep - 19:30

Yea, obviously yes, since we don't suffer the war, we don't feel it, but here we have to think in a more generous way, cause yo pu are not the one who is going to war, are the poorest and the farmers who lose their land becouse of violence, so Colombia must vote yes to plebiscito so his country can advance.
santiago.10945
santiago.10945
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lilipaez Tue 27 Sep - 19:54

Well, i am not so interested in the politic environment but i would say no to the plebicite, because however they promise us a country without violence, we have to be realistic, think about it, we live in a world were is more important a pretty face than a golden heart, were the power and the money is more important than the welfare of other. We life in a society where it is difficult to trust, so think about it, your dad is a company owner, you think that he will trust in a demobilized person of FARC?, do you feel save if your are living near to a demobilized person of FARC?
lilipaez
lilipaez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfeCISF Mon 3 Oct - 20:12

I would say that in the pebiscite the abstence should of be an option, by the other hand there is nothing we can do to change the result of the plebiscite.
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Diego Osso Wed 5 Oct - 21:40

I think that it is a very personal opinion , it is not easy to take a decision so first of taking it we need to investigate and understand the arguments about why people should vote yes or no.
Juan Diego Osso
Juan Diego Osso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum