Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it fair the prohibition of smartphones at school?

+10
Gtortoretto
EmilyArias99
EstebanSerranoSu25
Nicole Citarella C
Santiagoparada
ChrisGarcia
Juanzapata31
oscar.rojas
SEDelgado
lauramoscoso
14 posters

Go down

Is it fair the prohibition of smartphones at school? Empty Is it fair the prohibition of smartphones at school?

Post by lauramoscoso Tue 27 Sep - 21:25

All of you know the school policy on smartphones, do you think it's fair? Do they have enough reasons to do this? Does this rule make school environment better?

lauramoscoso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Is it fair the prohibition of smartphones at school? Empty Re: Is it fair the prohibition of smartphones at school?

Post by SEDelgado Tue 27 Sep - 21:39

I don't think so as it hasn't any sense to ban the use of smartphones at school. Their reasons are clear: first of all cheating on exams, maybe they can prevent some students cheating but this isn't the only method for doing cheating during a exam. Also they say some little children got addicted to the use of smartphones. Preferring using them than playing in the recess with their friends. A pretty wrong and incoherent reason. We will be still using them at school.
SEDelgado
SEDelgado
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Is it fair the prohibition of smartphones at school? Empty Re: Is it fair the prohibition of smartphones at school?

Post by oscar.rojas Tue 4 Oct - 18:45

Even if it is fair or not, school should accept the reality and era we are living in, the era of technology. Instead of banning the smartphones, they should take advantage of this items that all the students have, or almost all, and teach us how to make a well use of it, in terms of technology, apps and facilities. Since this point of view, of course it is unfair for we the students. They do not have good reasons to ban them, just the ones Simón said. Since that, the one who are not taking advantage of this resource is the school and they are losing our potential in this device by the policy of banning them.

oscar.rojas
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanzapata31 Tue 4 Oct - 19:15

In my opinion it is not fair the prohibition of the smartphones as we already have the age for being responsable; they should be prohibited in the classrooms like in U.S.A, that you need to leave the cellphone in a box before entering to the classroom, in adition, our cellphones are useful for finding information or things like that.
Juanzapata31
Juanzapata31
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGarcia Wed 5 Oct - 9:10

I think it is not fair they ban them, because the school can take advantage of them, for searching information in the internet so we can complete our workshops in class, and the school need to know we are responsible enough for bringing them to school.
ChrisGarcia
ChrisGarcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiagoparada Wed 5 Oct - 19:18

Juanzapata31 wrote:In my opinion it is not fair the prohibition of the smartphones as we already have the age for being responsable; they should be prohibited in the classrooms like in U.S.A, that you need to leave the cellphone in a box before entering to the classroom, in adition, our cellphones are useful for finding information or things like that.

You may be right some of us may be responsible enough to use them, but not all of us give a good use of them. For example the 2016 promotion had a group of copy, in which they pass answers, questions and images of exams they were making. They of course got caught, so is it fair that we ask for the trust of the teachers when some don’t deserve that. For now we should be grateful they let us use the tablets and if we demonstrate that in a future we could be trusted we could use the ideas of the United States.

Santiagoparada
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Citarella C Wed 5 Oct - 21:00

The prohibition of smart phones is a very unnecessary measure that the school made. I think that we are mature enough to control ourselves around this devices, because that is waht we do in our daily life when we can actually use our phones. Bringing phones to school does not makes us more or less qualified, but it does teach us some self-control and i think we can easily learn that if the school gave us the chance.

Nicole Citarella C
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by EstebanSerranoSu25 Thu 20 Oct - 10:11

SEDelgado wrote:I don't think so as it hasn't any sense to ban the use of smartphones at school. Their reasons are clear: first of all cheating on exams, maybe they can prevent some students cheating but this isn't the only method for doing cheating during a exam. Also they say some little children got addicted to the use of smartphones. Preferring using them than playing in the recess with their friends. A pretty wrong and incoherent reason. We will be still using them at school.
I disagree with the idea that talk about cheating, this idea is a way to cut corners in the sense that you tell that no matter if they prohibited the smarthphones, also it will be cheating in the exam. This argument is not coherent because if you are talking to cheat in an exam, why are you studying? if you only are going to copy what other is doing. The school is preventing that more people copy, this make in a way that cheating is more difícult, so not all the people will cheat on exams, because they can be get red handed. You are like a lazy worker that only do the easy things.

EstebanSerranoSu25
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilyArias99 Thu 20 Oct - 21:29

In my opinion, no. We deserve to learn how to use them as school teach us many things. In an emergency case, we would not have how to communicate.
EmilyArias99
EmilyArias99
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Sat 22 Oct - 15:48

In my opinion schools have taken the right decision. School prohibit smartphones in school because of the distraction they can cause, with cellphones most of the people would just don't pay attention to the class.
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sofiamoreno Sun 23 Oct - 17:53

I think that the prohibitions is a bad idea , they should not make the prohibitions of the smartphones , it will be better for us now and in the future that the teach us how to manage them in the correct way at the correct moment , as they don't let us use it we have to do bad things for using them so that they don't notice it and i think that is terrible.
sofiamoreno
sofiamoreno
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Andres Cortes Sun 23 Oct - 21:40

I think that that school prohibiting the cellphones are doing a bad thing because in the school the could teach us how to us them so we give them a correctly use, the cellphones are very usefull and could help in our school live. I think that in one moment
The school will see that and will teach how to use so they will not prohibit more.
Juan Andres Cortes
Juan Andres Cortes
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Sebastián Peña 17 Mon 24 Oct - 0:00

That rule is vey incoherent and stupid. School prohibited us to use cellphones, but we have tablets which do almost the same things as a normal phone.
Juan Sebastián Peña 17
Juan Sebastián Peña 17
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by 9BJuanitaGutierrez Mon 24 Oct - 6:39

No, it isn't fair because the school is implementing the easiest solution towards this problem (prohibing rather than educating us).
9BJuanitaGutierrez
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down