Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James or El Pibe

+11
juanesteban00
SebasGuzman98
mariasaavedra
Yamito
melobarreraenglish
Federico Luna
isabellajativa
Vale Gómez
carloshernandez
NicolasBetancourt
MateoJaraU
15 posters

Go down

James or El Pibe Empty James or El Pibe

Post by MateoJaraU Wed 15 Apr - 14:50

James Rodriguez or El Pibe Valderrama?

Because James is playing in the Real Madrid, won the Puskas, hve many awards, and was the maximum scorer in the Brazil world cup, some people say he is the one who has contributed more to Colombia.

Last edited by MateoJaraU on Wed 15 Apr - 15:04; edited 1 time in total

MateoJaraU
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

James or El Pibe Empty Re: James or El Pibe

Post by NicolasBetancourt Wed 15 Apr - 15:00

For Valderrama has been better. Fist he was the first player who play at Europe, in France with Montpellier it wasn't a piece of cake, he had to show a great football label. He was Colombian leader, he is known by the world because of his game. For me, el Pibe inspire lots of Colombian players, including James, to play and make history as the one he made on Argentina. El Pibe did history alone, James was falcao's shadow.

NicolasBetancourt
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by carloshernandez Wed 15 Apr - 17:35

NicolasBetancourt wrote:For Valderrama has been better. Fist he was the first player who play at Europe, in France with Montpellier it wasn't a piece of cake, he had to show a great football label. He was Colombian leader, he is known by the world because of his game. For me, el Pibe inspire lots of Colombian players, including James, to play and make history as the one he made on Argentina. El Pibe did history alone, James was falcao's shadow.
I agree that Carlos "el Pibe" Valderrama has been better than James because he was a leader for the selection during his time in the selection, also because he was a player that inspired a lot of Colombian players to play and that nowadays are verry good players. For me James is great player but he only take the best of both worlds when Falcao get injured because before that Falcao, I'm no saying that James is a bad player the contrary James is a great player and I dare to said that is one of the best in Colombian history.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by carloshernandez Wed 15 Apr - 17:47

NicolasBetancourt wrote:For Valderrama has been better. Fist he was the first player who play at Europe, in France with Montpellier it wasn't a piece of cake, he had to show a great football label. He was Colombian leader, he is known by the world because of his game. For me, el Pibe inspire lots of Colombian players, including James, to play and make history as the one he made on Argentina. El Pibe did history alone, James was falcao's shadow.
I want to correct the think that is said in this post that Carlos "el Pibe" Valderrama was the first player who play in Europe in Colombian history. The real player that was the first in Europe was Alex Frigeiro Payán that is from Tumaco, and in 1922 Alex Frigeiro Payán enter to the club FC. Lugano from Switzerland. But is true that was one of the first players in Europe.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Gómez Thu 16 Apr - 18:33

For me el Pibe Valderrama is better because he was the best number 10 ever, and he show us what futbol really was and also because he was the first player that played in Europe

Vale Gómez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by isabellajativa Thu 16 Apr - 20:49

In my opinion now a days James is better than el pibe valderrama , because in these last years he has demonstrated he's passion and he's abilities in soccer.

isabellajativa
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Federico Luna Thu 16 Apr - 21:36

Many think that El Pibe is best that James, but not me. I think, contrary to what people think that James brights with his own light, he is not Falcao's shadow, as Betancourt wrote.
Federico Luna
Federico Luna
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by melobarreraenglish Thu 16 Apr - 23:27

personally I think that James is the best of both world because he was able of entering to the MLB and is something el Pibe didn't did.

melobarreraenglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamito Sat 18 Apr - 15:23

isabellajativa wrote:In my opinion now a days James is better than el pibe valderrama , because in these last years he has demonstrated he's passion and he's abilities in soccer.

As the ball is in my court, "El Pibe Valderrama" has made unthoughtfull things in the field. James has some prestige, but Carlos Valderrama has been in 3 world cups (1990-1994-1998). Besides he has been the capitan of the Colombian selection for more than 8 years. James is also a great player, but he is just beginning his career.
Yamito
Yamito
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasBetancourt Sat 18 Apr - 20:06

isabellajativa wrote:In my opinion now a days James is better than el pibe valderrama , because in these last years he has demonstrated he's passion and he's abilities in soccer.
I think that nowadays James is the best Colombian soccer player, but el Pibe couldn't play in team with players as Real Madrid has, a team that only was worldwide stars as Critiano Ronaldo. Pibe is in FIFA 100 team, his soccer passion inspire James, is his idol. For many football cracks el Pibe was one of the best midfielder of the world, he played as creative and when he pass the ball was magic, he has a technique that any Colombian player has. Pibe didn't had all the opportunities James. For me Pibe is much better.

NicolasBetancourt
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by mariasaavedra Sun 19 Apr - 14:29

I think you should not compare these two great Colombian footballers, because eventhough one has won more awards in the history of his career both have represented very well Colombian society in other parts of the world, both of them are passionate about their work because is what they love to do.

mariasaavedra
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by carloshernandez Mon 20 Apr - 19:53

mariasaavedra wrote:I think you should not compare these two great Colombian footballers, because eventhough one has won more awards in the history of his career both have represented very well Colombian society in other parts of the world, both of them are passionate about their work because is what they love to do.
I agree because this two football players are very good players and because they are players that are very important for the national selection and also for the Colombian sport, also because they are players that represent very well Colombian football and sport in the world.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasBetancourt Mon 20 Apr - 22:14

Federico Luna wrote:Many think that El Pibe is best that James, but not me. I think, contrary to what people think that James brights with his own light, he is not Falcao's shadow, as Betancourt wrote.
Was James Colombian leader before Falcao's injury? Did James was in FIFA 11 of 2013? Who want first Madrid, James or Falcao?
El espectador in an article writer compete their match data saying that "An injury suffered ACL and recovery lasted for six months. James not had a crash That did foreshadow something awful . Falcao received a knock on his knee after an unfortunate play against defending Soner Ertek , James Could Suffer A light footprint. A Falcao did not Met Time for the World Cup in Brazil." I think that it's not hard to be back from two months of injury, buy 6 months without games is impossible for a player. Falcao was Colombian emblem and James was the second option. Before his injury anyone knew who was James as nowadays, Falcao was one of the best worldwide stickers. Know that James is playing and Falcao is limited to 15 minutes per game who is the one is going to be recognized, Falcao inspire James, Falcao was Colombian emblem, James was just a current player.

NicolasBetancourt
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by SebasGuzman98 Tue 21 Apr - 9:27

James Rodriguez is one of the best offensive midfielder in the actual world. He knows were to put the ball and when to do it. But el pibe is considered the most mentally fast player of all history. He had a 360 vision of the pitch. He is the best, he knew were to put the ball before he reserves it.
SebasGuzman98
SebasGuzman98
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juanesteban00 Wed 22 Apr - 9:27

That's a difficult question. Because both of them have the same qualities and play in the same position,however, James has contribute to Colombia in many things: he won the award puskas, he is now playing in the best team of the world, he is the scorer of the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014. That makes that he is best than the pibe valderrama.

juanesteban00
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Gómez Wed 22 Apr - 16:21

In my opinion, yes it is important to see the present but also to see the past and el Pibe was the best number 10 of all times in Colombia.

Vale Gómez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by carloshernandez Thu 23 Apr - 20:00

It is true that James nowadays is a very good player and that have being demonstrating his habilities being a. very young player but Carlos "El Pibe" Valderrama was a a player that is consider the best 10 in the history of Colombian soccer, also "El Pibe" is the first Colombian player that have being including in the list of FIFA 100 and also is the first Colombian player in being including in the hall of fame of soccer, and finally was named as the best soccer player of America two times in 1987 and in 1993.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr - 12:02

Despite the fact that El Pibe has contribute a lot to Colombian culture and carried Colombia to its first World Cup, ha,es nowadays is better than el Pibe because of his actual position at the Real Madrid, his excellent performance in the World Cup and the puskas award makes him be the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by michi_pantin Sat 25 Apr - 13:40

MateoJaraU wrote:James Rodriguez or El Pibe Valderrama?

Because James is playing in the Real Madrid, won the Puskas, hve many awards, and was the maximum scorer in the Brazil world cup, some people say he is the one who has contributed more to Colombia.

i would say that pibe has contributed the most to colombian society by being an inspiration to many young players, while james is just beginning his career.

michi_pantin
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by valentinaguzman8 Sat 25 Apr - 17:57

In my opinion James Rodriguez is better because he is a more complete player. He is good at making accurate passes, scoring goals and also has brilliant skills. He was the top scorer at the World Cup Brazil 2014 and won the Puskas award for the best goal of the year 2014.

valentinaguzman8
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuelacastrillon Sun 26 Apr - 15:59

Vale Gómez wrote:For me el Pibe Valderrama is better because he was the best number 10 ever, and he show us what futbol really was and also because he was the first player that played in Europe
I agree, however we most realise the future and not the past. In this case, James is the best player in this moment.

Manuelacastrillon
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Paola2000 Sun 26 Apr - 19:29

Speaking strictly football terms, we can say that James Rodriguez is better than the Pibe Valderrama for the achievements of their age: has won more league titles in different countries, has been scorer World 2015, has been who has scored more goals in European competitions and has been the most expensive soccer player Colombia.

Paola2000
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down