Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are DJ'S musicians?

+10
Saarangom
Juanestebanjunco
Laura Algarra
Kevin Santana
juanfeCISF
9AUrbinaJuan
Nicole Citarella C
OpTc Felipe Díaz
santiago.10945
juancamilobustosg
14 posters

Go down

Are DJ'S musicians? Empty Are DJ'S musicians?

Post by juancamilobustosg Wed 5 Oct - 20:21

Some think DJ's only have to carry and USB,others that they innovate and create in a different way, what do you think? scratch
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are DJ'S musicians? Empty Re: Are DJ'S musicians?

Post by santiago.10945 Wed 5 Oct - 20:42

Djs are musicians, well not all of them, there are two types, the ones who only mix some popular songs and put it in a playlist, and the producers, who create the sounds, use voices, innovate, put effort, etc. But in this days if you want to be a good dj just put zapateo, snort some coke and thats all, and you want to know what a thik of this? I think its awesome.
santiago.10945
santiago.10945
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by OpTc Felipe Díaz Wed 5 Oct - 21:17

I think that not all of them are musician because some just use what others have created and for me, that's is not a musician
OpTc Felipe Díaz
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Citarella C Wed 5 Oct - 21:48

DJ´s are a kind of musicians, not the traditional ones with the acustic instruments that we are used to see, but the are. A musician gets his or her status if the have: pasion for what they do, the are able to recognize melodies and rythms and possesing the hearing sensibility to identify and diferenciate musical detalis, not because they know to play a guitar or a console.

Nicole Citarella C
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AUrbinaJuan Wed 5 Oct - 22:18

The fact is that DJ´S are musician, because mixing music and even sounds they can make a perfect combiation to create a new song, they can innovate the music as we know it, and we can take into a count that they have their own type of instruments. Eventhough people may say they are not musicians, what they make it is not only music, but art.

9AUrbinaJuan
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfeCISF Wed 5 Oct - 22:24

Being dj is not as simple as society thinks, you need to learn how to do it right like a common instrument and it requires practice. I have this experience because I create dubstep soundtracks in class and I can say that is not easy.
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Santana Wed 5 Oct - 23:28

juancamilobustosg wrote:Some think DJ's only have to carry and USB,others that they innovate and create in a different way, what do you think? scratch
i think, that the people that think they are not musicians are wrong beacuse DJ as singers have to created and innovate.

Kevin Santana
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Sat 15 Oct - 22:15

In my opinion, DJ's are musicians. They can create emotions and sensations to their listeners by mixing the right beats, sounds, voices and rhythms. Most of them don't sing but that doesn't mean they can't make music, on the contrary, they can make much more music than some singers who only get fame and money because of their physical appearance or a beautiful smile. DJ's mixtures or some remixes make you feel, and that's what music is about, music is supposed to make you feel, to make you imagine and create new senses, and many DJ's accomplish these objectives.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanestebanjunco Thu 20 Oct - 10:02

9AUrbinaJuan wrote:The fact is that DJ´S are musician, because mixing music and even sounds they can make a perfect combiation to create a new song, they can innovate the music as we know it, and we can take into a count that they have their own type of instruments. Eventhough people may say they are not musicians, what they make it is not only music, but art.
I completly disgree with you, you are obviously not playing with a full deck, If DJ'S were musicians the animals would be able to fly. Let's open our eyes the DJ'S are just people that uses didactic music created in a machine with out all senses of music, that machine is just a fake of real music, like the melody created by the piano, the guitar or the drumps. If DJ'S are not musicians they obviously are not artists, the artist are specialize persons in some kind of art, such as music and drawing, in my opinion they just play someone else's music.

Juanestebanjunco
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Thu 20 Oct - 15:59

I think DJs will be musicians when they get to play songs on a different time signature than 4/4.
I know few of you will understand what I mean but anyways, I comprehend they obviously can't given that untrained ears won't appreciate anything that is odd for them.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilyArias99 Thu 20 Oct - 21:20

Yes, is not easy to get people´s attention by playing any music, I think is a talent. They know what people like and they have the hability to give their music.
EmilyArias99
EmilyArias99
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by ItzjakPosada16 Sun 23 Oct - 16:59

Juanestebanjunco wrote:
9AUrbinaJuan wrote:The fact is that DJ´S are musician, because mixing music and even sounds they can make a perfect combiation to create a new song, they can innovate the music as we know it, and we can take into a count that they have their own type of instruments. Eventhough people may say they are not musicians, what they make it is not only music, but art.
I completly disgree with you, you are obviously not playing with a full deck, If DJ'S were musicians the animals would be able to fly. Let's open our eyes the DJ'S are just people that uses didactic music created in a machine with out all senses of music, that machine is just a fake of real music, like the melody created by the piano, the guitar or the drumps. If DJ'S are not musicians they obviously are not artists, the artist are specialize persons in some kind of art, such as music and drawing, in my opinion they just play someone else's music.
So when animals can fly dj's could be musicians? What a lame expample you present to such a serious forum. Birds can't fly then? Really that's an awful example. Music created on a machine?! Really men, your lack of information its so obvious that it make me laugh of the fact that they are a lot of people that like to live in ignorance, have you been in a dj's cabin? Have you seen the "only" machines they use? I think I can answer that, no you haven't, you haven't see that the cabins made for "music production" have the real instruments you need like a piano and more instruments, off course they use machines, is the way they re invent the way music is been produced, how do you think the people that use guitar in the time it was invented was called? Off course they "depend on those machines to make music" and now look at them, it is by far the most famous instrument. Off course they play music of other people IS THEIR JOB! But it's kind of funny, they gain more money with their presentations than most of the current "artist" you mention. Wink
ItzjakPosada16
ItzjakPosada16
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by 9BJuanitaGutierrez Sun 23 Oct - 23:21

I think they could be considered like musicians because they create music and that's what musicians do, it doesn't matter if some persons consider this music fake, it is still music.
9BJuanitaGutierrez
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfeCISF Mon 24 Oct - 0:21

juancamilobustosg wrote:Some think DJ's only have to carry and USB,others that they innovate and create in a different way, what do you think? scratch
I disagree with you becaus DJ's had to pass several hours on the studio making mixes so they can release their song and make their live appereances.
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Mon 24 Oct - 1:02

juanfeCISF wrote:
I disagree with you becaus DJ's had to pass several hours on the studio making mixes so they can release their song and make their live appereances.

I want to ask you: Do Djs bother in creating or copying at the studio? A DJ only cares which sample he likes and takes it. The same merit non-musicians have when they pick a song to listen. A musician can act as a whole. A musician nows how to pick up musical key and improvise at the moment with other real life musicians. A musician can think outside the box in time division, not just 2,4,8, or 16. A musician can do dissonance intentionally, not just major and minor. A musician knows what a major seventh is. A musician does a whole different creation process when composing, he starts from zero. A musician doesn't play for popularity. A musician that is honorable doesn't rip off.

I think I just did a tautology.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliaalfonso0 Mon 24 Oct - 1:14

Yees! They are musicians because they want to create new sounds and mis them... Musicians are not only the ones who sing but the ones who are passionate for music and they consider it essential in daily life. It doesn't matter how easy or difficult it may be, we should respect their work and show appreciation
Nataliaalfonso0
Nataliaalfonso0
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum