Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we consider Pablo Escobar as a model of success?

+9
Juanestebanjunco
EmilyArias99
Saarangom
camilacastroi
JuanFelipeDavila
Marianamonroy00
juanfeCISF
santiago.10945
juancamilobustosg
13 posters

Go down

Can we consider Pablo Escobar as a model of success? Empty Can we consider Pablo Escobar as a model of success?

Post by juancamilobustosg Fri 14 Oct - 17:59

Coment below
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Can we consider Pablo Escobar as a model of success? Empty Re: Can we consider Pablo Escobar as a model of success?

Post by santiago.10945 Wed 19 Oct - 9:31

Pablo escobar is one of the biggest cancer this country and the world has ever had, yes, hi might have given some money homes, study to people and Medellín , but the amount of people that died because of his action affect his the history and reputation of this country
santiago.10945
santiago.10945
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Can we consider Pablo Escobar as a model of success? Empty Re: Can we consider Pablo Escobar as a model of success?

Post by juanfeCISF Wed 19 Oct - 10:15

juancamilobustosg wrote:Coment below
Hello Juan Camilo, I think that Pablo Escobar reached everything he wanted but the problems comes when we start to see how does Pablo reached his richness and power. And killing people, destroying life's, family's, and a complete country is not something that may be consider as succes. So in my personal opinion Plablo Escobar is not a model of succes for anybody in the world. Take care my dear friend.
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juancamilobustosg Wed 19 Oct - 10:17

santiago.10945 wrote:Pablo escobar is one of the biggest cancer this country and the world has ever had, yes, hi might have given some money homes, study to people and Medellín , but the amount of people that died because of his action affect his the history and reputation of this country
I consider that a proper observation but I would like you to answer the question itself: Can he then considered a model of success taking into account his good will actions and his goals in economic terms ? Rolling Eyes
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marianamonroy00 Wed 19 Oct - 10:21

I don't consider Pablo escobar a model of succes as indeed he did succeeded in his goals but what doesn't make count is the way he got there. I feel people get successful by means of hard work and clean manners.
Marianamonroy00
Marianamonroy00
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanFelipeDavila Wed 19 Oct - 10:23

I that even though Pablo Escobar was one of the most powerful person in Colombia during his time and also one of the wealthiest Colombian citizen, his money was full of blood and his power full of corruption and actions being held under the table.
JuanFelipeDavila
JuanFelipeDavila
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juancamilobustosg Wed 19 Oct - 10:25

juanfeCISF wrote:
juancamilobustosg wrote:Coment below
Hello Juan Camilo, I think that Pablo Escobar reached everything he wanted but the problems comes when we start to see how does Pablo reached his richness and power. And killing people, destroying life's, family's, and a complete country is not something that may be consider as succes. So in my personal opinion Plablo Escobar is not a model of succes for anybody in the world. Take care my dear friend.
Juanf, Imreally understand your point but other than social issues he caused, I'm referring to economical and political success. I will leave you a video below for you to understand his political role on Colombia's history Arrow
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by santiago.10945 Thu 20 Oct - 9:47

JuanFelipeDavila wrote:I that even though Pablo Escobar was one of the most powerful person in Colombia during his time and also one of the wealthiest Colombian citizen, his money was full of blood and his power full of corruption and actions being held under the table.
Money doesn't matter, he shouldn't even be taken into account just because he gained some money, Pablo escobar is the cancer of this country, it has given us a reputation of drug dealers and cocaine heads, so no, he costs an arm and a leg to the advancement and reputation of this country internationally.
santiago.10945
santiago.10945
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by camilacastroi Thu 20 Oct - 10:33

santiago.10945 wrote:Pablo escobar is one of the biggest cancer this country and the world has ever had, yes, hi might have given some money homes, study to people and Medellín , but the amount of people that died because of his action affect his the history and reputation of this country

Pablo Escobar has always been a hot potato since he began with his jobs. After many years, many news, many judgements, and some other aspects involved with him, I think the worst form of poting him is with the word "cancer". Pablo Escobar was a human who had personal ideologies. He went through many battles, between politicians, colleagues, family and someothers; he had reasons that explained his actions which maybe you didn't know it. I'm not saying that the people who died really deserved it, what I mean is that this people knew how Pablo Escobar was, they never had a valid reason to mess with him and as a result they get this sad end.
The history and reputation of this and all the countries of the world will be always affected by different actions. If you take into account, the government of this country has always been one of the worst in the world. The reputation and history of this country has been more affected from years before by the actions of the government than the actions of Mr. Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
camilacastroi
camilacastroi
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Thu 20 Oct - 16:05

JuanFelipeDavila wrote:I that even though Pablo Escobar was one of the most powerful person in Colombia during his time and also one of the wealthiest Colombian citizen, his money was full of blood and his power full of corruption and actions being held under the table.

If he could have chosen any other way, would he had been corrupt? I think he isn't a model man. His words are sometimes those of a remorsed man. He wasn't perfect a therefore not a model, not even for himself.
What I mean is that he seemed not to be proud of what he had been doing.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilyArias99 Thu 20 Oct - 21:10

I don´t, I consider that a successful person is when someone don´t think only about it´s own bennefit.
He killed and really didn´t respect people and human rights.
EmilyArias99
EmilyArias99
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanestebanjunco Sun 23 Oct - 15:58

No, I consider that he was a bad person, he abused of his power and damage and killed a lot off people, I think that some people can loss their principles and to affect others by ambition and power

Juanestebanjunco
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielaACookies9A Sun 23 Oct - 21:12

I don`t consider him a model to follow, because you can have the reasons you have, but you can`t go and kill and kill persons they deserve it or not, you can`t go and bomb cities killing innocent people, you can`t go and buy a city giving the houses and money for a "good cause", while you are drawing in blood the rest of the country. If you want something reach it, but don`t smash in whoever steps in front of you.

DanielaACookies9A
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Jose Gomez Sun 23 Oct - 22:53

Pablo Escobar was the wealthiest man on Earth at his time. But he is perfect example that shows that money and power doesn't make everything in life. He lived as a rock star and finished as a delinquent and besides, dead. There is so much about him, and so much mystery that reconstructs him as a leader. Above everything he might had had, he was a serial killer and an outlaw. Being inside the drugs business was one of his greatest mistakes. So many miscalculated actions during his life did transform him into an unwelcome person, and for me he is no such role person.
Maria Jose Gomez
Maria Jose Gomez
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Sebastián Peña 17 Sun 23 Oct - 23:37

Pablo Escobar is an evil, inhuman and crazy man, but we cannot hide his incredible effort for accomplishing what he wanted. Nevertheless, there are more people which also fought for what they wanted and did positive things.
Juan Sebastián Peña 17
Juan Sebastián Peña 17
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by lilipaez Mon 24 Oct - 1:14

Maria Jose Gomez wrote:Pablo Escobar was the wealthiest man on Earth at his time. But he is perfect example that shows that money and power doesn't make everything in life. He lived as a rock star and finished as a delinquent and besides, dead. There is so much about him, and so much mystery that reconstructs him as a leader. Above everything he might had had, he was a serial killer and an outlaw. Being inside the drugs business was one of his greatest mistakes. So many miscalculated actions during his life did transform him into an unwelcome person, and for me he is no such role person.
I agree, because if you take a person as an example is not only because the money that that person have, but how he or she get there and Pablo Escobar, maked many wrong decisions and killed many innocent people.
lilipaez
lilipaez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down