Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have belief systems unable us to progress?

5 posters

Go down

Have belief systems unable us to progress? Empty Have belief systems unable us to progress?

Post by NicolasRuiz20 Tue 19 Sep - 11:56

Not only holy wars or endless battles have stalled progress in the history of humanity, but also interior and more personal beliefs have get our progress slowed down. This is completely visible as we get a look to the Middle Era and they way of 'protecting' their belief systems: kill and torture people that, with help of reason, contradicted many of this beliefs. Even Galileo Galilei was imprisoned for coming up with such revolutionary scientific views as the heliocentric model; just centuries after, their ideas were heard.

NicolasRuiz20
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Have belief systems unable us to progress? Empty Re: Have belief systems unable us to progress?

Post by Juan Sebastián Talero Tue 19 Sep - 12:16

I think Belief systems should be destroyed for making progress slower and dont let it continue for example all belief systems in the middle era lije ISIS etc

Juan Sebastián Talero
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Have belief systems unable us to progress? Empty Re: Have belief systems unable us to progress?

Post by Juan.bocachica Thu 21 Sep - 9:51

Juan Sebastián Talero wrote:I think Belief systems should be destroyed for making progress slower and dont let it continue for example all belief systems in the middle era lije ISIS etc

I agree, most of the belief system are not helping humanity to progress, mostly because their belief is too closed to different opinions, or because there’s people that are closed minded themselves due to the fact their religious fanaticism.

Juan.bocachica

Back to top Go down

Post by Juancastillo Thu 21 Sep - 11:45

NicolasRuiz20 wrote:Not only holy wars or endless battles have stalled progress in the history of humanity, but also interior and more personal beliefs have get our progress slowed down. This is completely visible as we get a look to the Middle Era and they way of 'protecting' their belief systems: kill and torture people that, with help of reason, contradicted many of this beliefs. Even Galileo Galilei was imprisoned for coming up with such revolutionary scientific views as the heliocentric model; just centuries after, their ideas were heard.
I tried to ignore this comment, but I couldn't back down. I believe you're trying to be the devil's advocate because your response is not taking into acount anything else than your value judgements and opinions. In my opinion, this systems are the world, because they never stop evolving, and they bring people together as well, wanting to get to complete theyr "tasks" using as a tool the union this systems create, and the ideas they have as a "society".

Juancastillo
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariapauladavila19 Thu 21 Sep - 12:06

NicolasRuiz20 wrote:Not only holy wars or endless battles have stalled progress in the history of humanity, but also interior and more personal beliefs have get our progress slowed down. This is completely visible as we get a look to the Middle Era and they way of 'protecting' their belief systems: kill and torture people that, with help of reason, contradicted many of this beliefs. Even Galileo Galilei was imprisoned for coming up with such revolutionary scientific views as the heliocentric model; just centuries after, their ideas were heard.

I totally disagree with you Nicolas, I consider that using the religion to support the slow development of the world is just an excuse for people who won't accept that society itself is the problem, and the thinking of each one of the persons in it. Religion can be considered as a belief system, a system as strong as a mother's love that can't be destroyed for any reason; furthermore, religion is a way of instilling morality to a society in which desires can't be controlled without it due to the naturality of the human thought: "the inevitable attraction for the forbidden". For that reason religion is not holding humankind back, but it is the only way that we can keep up with the progress we have been doing throughout this years. On the other hand, it is the human thinking that is ho,ding us back; ideologies such as fascism and nazism aren't religions, and still they are the main reasons behind the hideous world wars occurred in the past, religion didn't had e y thing to old with it, but the collision of the diferent way of thinking in which humans were caught between two stool when decided war or peace, but the human defect made war occur.

Mariapauladavila19
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down