Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Internet

+9
mariasaavedra
Cesarburgos19
Santiago_Garcia
Manuelacastrillon
Leila Nabulsi
gabrielaaguirre1
marianatorresp
manuel11
Admin
13 posters

Go down

The Internet  Empty The Internet

Post by Admin Sun 26 Apr - 13:51

Is the use of the Internet an addiction? Should parents monitor, censor and control the use of the internet by their children? Should the internet still be censored at school? Or should students be given the chance to be 'responsible'?

ANSWERS WITHOUT JUSTIFICATIONS OR WITH ONLY ONE SENTENCE WILL BE DELETED

Last edited by Admin on Mon 27 Apr - 11:23; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://insideout.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Internet  Empty Re: The Internet

Post by manuel11 Sun 26 Apr - 18:36

Internet is a global network connecting millions of people; therefore this network affects each individual of the society, so children that use this kind of network may have the opportunity to interacted and develop new skills in which have the possibility to be addicted and can cause problem specially children. Parents and teachers that have children in each part of the environments that may used technology with Internet is necessary to be controlled by the adults, just because this source is difficult to manage and is kind of new in the humanity world. It first appeared in 1969 when ARPAnet makes its initial connection between three universities in California and one in Utah; indeed this shows that Internet wasn't created million years before, so that's why is difficult to controlled somenthing that was created so nearly to our times (referring to decades).

manuel11
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by marianatorresp Sun 26 Apr - 20:27

I think that children need to have an opportunity of being responsible specially about Internet, but before that we need to have the best orientation so in this way we don't make mistakes or risk our security, having this orientation we need to have an opportunity to make the best decisions and choose wisely, in this way we can learn responsibility.

marianatorresp
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by gabrielaaguirre1 Tue 28 Apr - 9:10

Like everything in life, any excess into something is bad. I believe that with appropiate warnings made by an adult or an authority, students can manage internet in a safely way. I think that students from our age, are suffeciently autonomous to know what is right and what not.

gabrielaaguirre1
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by gabrielaaguirre1 Tue 28 Apr - 9:17

marianatorresp wrote:I think that children need to have an opportunity of being responsible specially about Internet, but before that we need to have the best orientation so in this way we don't make mistakes or risk our security, having this orientation we need to have an opportunity to make the best decisions and choose wisely, in this way we can learn responsibility.

I agree with you. Human is characterized by the ability to ration. It is clear that we need some oritation to know what is wrong and what not. That can be achieved by imitating some characteristics from a responsible adult. Like everything in life, humans learn to do something by imitating someone such as walk, talk or eat. With the correct orientation, we can learn to handle situations that internet can arise us.

gabrielaaguirre1
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr - 9:23

gabrielaaguirre1 wrote:Like everything in life, any excess into something is bad. I believe that with appropiate warnings made by an adult or an authority, students can manage internet in a safely way. I think that students from our age, are suffeciently autonomous to know what is right and what not.

I totally agree that anything in excess is bad and that students need to have conscience of what they are looking on the internet;however, something must be taken into account and is that parents are the ones who teach their children to have conscience about this kind of things.Not always the people of our age are the guilty ones of what they are looking up on the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leila Nabulsi Tue 28 Apr - 9:28

marianatorresp wrote:I think that children need to have an opportunity of being responsible specially about Internet, but before that we need to have the best orientation so in this way we don't make mistakes or risk our security, having this orientation we need to have an opportunity to make the best decisions and choose wisely, in this way we can learn responsibility.
I totally agree, because tenagers most of all, should have an opportunity to show that their are mature enough to have internet without any control or censored by an adult.
The Internet its part of our present and the key of our future, if we start developing responsibility whit it, we will be able to control our self without any "police" behind us.
Obviously we need to stay in contact and communication with our parents for them to guide us in a safe way but, at the end is us who decides which way we are going to choose.

Leila Nabulsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuelacastrillon Tue 28 Apr - 9:28

gabrielaaguirre1 wrote:Like everything in life, any excess into something is bad. I believe that with appropiate warnings made by an adult or an authority, students can manage internet in a safely way. I think that students from our age, are suffeciently autonomous to know what is right and what not.
I am agree with Gabriela, it is impossible to think in a different way. Students of our ages can manage Internet in a safety way because our autonomous way of thinking that we just had about the actions that have consequences and not. Students like us are able to know how to used in a safety, appropriate and correct way Internet.

Manuelacastrillon
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_Garcia Tue 28 Apr - 13:25

Gabriela I totally disagree with you because; eventhough in school they made campaigns for preventing the bad use of the internet, this is not enough. Nowadays, teenagers between 14 and 18 years old are bad using internet like for example sexting, so I don't think that teenagers of our age are not autonomous enough for having a good use of the internet.
Santiago_Garcia
Santiago_Garcia
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesarburgos19 Mon 4 May - 22:13

Nowadays Internet is the most useful tool for searching, entertainment.....ect ; however, this a dangerous tool that when is not use properly the consequences are enormous. I certainly belief that we are enough mature and autonomous to manage an instrument like this because we know what is right and what is wrong, so we can manage this in a moderate and properly way, consequently we can get all the advantage of this instrument.

Cesarburgos19
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by mariasaavedra Sun 17 May - 14:54

Ones Albert Enstein said “I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
Internet and not only internet, technology is something that people on this century can't live without it. Internet, cellphones, computers, tablets, all of them are taking the capacity of humans of thinking.

Coming back to the internet I think teenagers are responsible for their actions, all the people is responsible for their actions. When you are little it is justify that your parents control your internet usage, because sometimes you don't know how to use them, but when you have learned I think you are very mature and very conscious on the thinks you are looking for or the information you are giving to otehr people.

mariasaavedra
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juanesteban00 Wed 20 May - 7:30

I think that the internet is a good tool to children to learn, but not all that is on internet is true, so they need to know how to search good information to not get wrong information.

juanesteban00
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by julianforerogo Wed 20 May - 9:52

I think internet is an excellent tool that help us searching information; however, nowadays children and teens have give it bad way of use, thus it become a bad thing and a way of perjuducate peopel

julianforerogo
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by julianforerogo Wed 20 May - 9:53

I think internet is an excellent tool that help us searching information; however, nowadays children and teens have give it bad way of use, thus it become a bad thing and a way of perjuducate peopel

julianforerogo
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by julianforerogo Wed 20 May - 9:56

According to Zach Ferres " The Internet can be a scary place. Every time you connect, you’re exposed to hackers, viruses, and bots crawling around the underbelly. Without protection and regular maintenance, these threats can do some serious harm to your virtual and real-life security" and this is true an i explained it in the last interbention.

julianforerogo
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamito Wed 20 May - 10:00

Internet is a massive tool of information around the world; therefore, Internet is a platform where all people can search for information. "The right to Internet access, also known as the right to broadband, is the view that all people must be able to access the Internet in order to exercise and enjoy their rights to Freedom of expression and opinion". Internet is consider as a human right since 2003, so anyone can't limit us the use of Internet. Is our responsibility to use it correctly.
Yamito
Yamito
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juansegura1999 Thu 21 May - 20:40

the Internet is a way to connect information across the world, but even so our knowledge in this is very limited, since this is a weapon taken from people who know it true potential.

juansegura1999
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by juansegura1999 Thu 21 May - 20:43

The internet is a very usual academic and informative tool in the 21st century, this has changed our society in many ways and is responsible for our generation have differnt particularities.

juansegura1999
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by juansegura1999 Thu 21 May - 20:45

The internet is one form of teleportation, since this brings us closer to others through, communication and places through photos and videos ore chats.

juansegura1999
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down