Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it easy for you to trust again?

+18
Juan Molano77
LauraVergara26
Juan Pablo Perez
Antonia Sanint
DanielaACookies9A
9APaula
mafe gonzalez
Pablismo
lauramoscoso
Juanestebanjunco
Daniela.Monsalve
manuela8
mateo.infante
Megan Reátiga
Laura Algarra
FelipeDussan
Juanzapata31
Marianamonroy00
22 posters

Go down

Is it easy for you to trust again? Empty Is it easy for you to trust again?

Post by Marianamonroy00 Tue 4 Oct - 16:45

People whom you love might betray you but are you willing to forgive , let go and have a fresh start? Or will you keep trust issues?
Marianamonroy00
Marianamonroy00
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is it easy for you to trust again? Empty Re: Is it easy for you to trust again?

Post by Juanzapata31 Tue 4 Oct - 19:27

It is difficult to trust again in some people, like in my situation, some people just betrayed me, and for a second time so I think I wont forgive them, because the mistakes they did were big for me.
Juanzapata31
Juanzapata31
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FelipeDussan Wed 5 Oct - 17:26

I am not a huge fan of forgive and forget, and it's not a matter of keeping rancor with people, and it's not a matter of just letting go, and forgiving everything. In life, most of people will disappoint you, and they will make mistakes, even your mom, your best friend, or your husband/wife. Of course that person doesn't deserves your kindness or eve your love. But as humans we have to work, for getting back the trust we lost. Or you work and fight for wat you lost, or you live with it your hole life. Sometimes you have to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong. It's not giving up. It's called growing up.

But in the other hand, you need to give people time, give people space, don't beg anyone to stay. Let them roam. What's meant for you, will always be yours.
FelipeDussan
FelipeDussan
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Wed 5 Oct - 17:50

Once someone have betrayed me in any aspect I will act like I don't care or like it didn't affect me at all and continue with my life; however, this doesn't mean I forgive him/her, input means I'm trying to not get influenced in any kind of way by it, besides maybe it hurt me a lot. Trusting is not easy at all, at least not for me. I may talk to someone about my life, my family and a part of my story, that doesn't mean I trust in that person since I will talk to anyone of those topics if a know them enough to, it surely doesn't mean I trust them, it just mean they are somehow close to me. I need years of knowing someone in a close way in order to give them my trust, it is not something anyone can get fast and it will never be; likewise, those in whom I trust can be counted with one hand as they are, for me, trustworthy people in a complete aspect, they are not hypocrite or false, they don't want to show fake appearances or try to be liked by others, they are special for me, and they are few but the most important ones. If someone I trust betray me I may will forgive her/him just because I wouldn't be comfortable carrying hate or rancor feelings with me. I may forgive that person but I will never trust in them again. The ones who truly love you, will never try to harm you.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan Reátiga Wed 5 Oct - 18:05

I think trust is the last thing you gain, and the first thing you loose when you meet someone. Once someone is betrayed, trust is instantly loss. In my case, I may "forget", but never forgive or sometimes I just pretend that I don't care. The best thing to do is not to let those kind of stuff affect you, because at the end people will always come and go in your life.
Megan Reátiga
Megan Reátiga
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by mateo.infante Wed 5 Oct - 18:54

I think that I would not trust again someone because if they decided to make something that will hurt is because this person prefers other relationship than yours so why should you trust someone that had damaged you and betrayed without thinking in your emotions.

mateo.infante
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by manuela8 Wed 5 Oct - 19:22

For me, it isn't easy, but I give the chance to anyone, who has put their foot in a situation, to make things up and gain my trust again. Anyways, I'm not perfect and I have done many things that may show I am not trustful. "Whoever is without sin, be the first to throw the stone." -Juan 8:7
manuela8
manuela8
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniela.Monsalve Wed 5 Oct - 19:27

For me it wouldn´t be easy to forgive as easily someone who was betrayed me, because trust is something you actually have to gain, but if someone does not understand that, then it is a sign that probably that person is not worth it at all. So even though I would forgive and people could get back my trust, this might take a lot of time.

Daniela.Monsalve
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanestebanjunco Wed 5 Oct - 19:36

Is not easy but the life is to take chances, and if you fell betrayed you must forgive as a first satage, becuse if you let that the one that causes that felling in you keep causing it, he won, he achive to heart you, that is the idea. So take chances and enjoy your life becuase if you do not do it probabliy you would regret it.

Juanestebanjunco
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by lauramoscoso Wed 5 Oct - 20:47

Trust is something you have to earn with time, you can take up to years to fully trust  on someone and when that trust that took time gets broken in just seconds is very hard to obtain it again. You will need hard work and even more time to earn what you've lost.

lauramoscoso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Pablismo Wed 5 Oct - 21:14

I belive that people that are actually sorry always deserve a second chance, it doesnt matter what they have done, it doesnt mean that it can not happen to you or even me; still, that does not mean that everything would be solved, I think that for certain wounds, time is the best healer.

Pablismo
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by mafe gonzalez Wed 5 Oct - 21:24

Personally at this time is difficult for me to forgive a person who made me a bad move. I have been afraid since that that it could repeat, because the person who disappoint me was a trustworthy person. so if a person that I gave my confidence and throw it away, you could think that nobody would asses it. However, the live continuous and you need friends in your life the only difficulty you have is who are correct ones, but that is part of that life experience.

mafe gonzalez
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9APaula Wed 5 Oct - 21:39

For me trusting again is not something easy. I really believe that you should forgive people that have hurt you in the past, but that doesnt mean you will forget what they did. When you have been hurt so many times it is complicated to trust and give your hundred percent to a different person because you will always be afraid that they will hurt you again like the other person did. I think that trust is something you need to gain day by day with everything you do and say. It is not easy to trust in someone when they have let you down in the past, but if you find the person that really makes an effort to win your trust is worth it.
9APaula
9APaula
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielaACookies9A Wed 5 Oct - 21:54

I thing that one of the most difficult thing in life is trust again when you are dissapointed for waht someone who you love lett you down, because you are all the time thinking that the person will let you down again and again, I believe that you can forgive but never trust in the same way.

DanielaACookies9A
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonia Sanint Wed 5 Oct - 21:58

Megan Reátiga wrote:I think trust is the last thing you gain, and the first thing you loose when you meet someone. Once someone is betrayed, trust is instantly loss. In my case, I may "forget", but never forgive or sometimes I just pretend that I don't care. The best thing to do is not to let those kind of stuff affect you, because at the end people will always come and go in your life.

I completely agree with you... We all know that trust is like a paper, once it´s crumpled it can´t be perfect again.

Antonia Sanint
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Pablo Perez Sun 23 Oct - 17:54

Trust is something that is build up with time. If it is broken, it would be hard agh first, but it needs to be build up again. It will take time off course, and extra effort, but at the end it will worth it. Trust is one of the most beautiful thing in life. We must work in order to preserve it, but if its broken we must to an extra effort to rebuild it.

Juan Pablo Perez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraVergara26 Sun 23 Oct - 18:22

It is something really difficult. In my case, I may forgive that person, but it would be a long and hard process because when a person betray me, he or she lost my confidence and getting it back is a painful process, but I do would forgive that person because all of us make mistakes every day, anyone is perfect, but it also depends in the mistake made by the other person and what place he or she has in your heart because it is very hard to be betray by your best friend who is like your sister, your second family, but because of this fact I should forgive her as she had always been there for me.
LauraVergara26
LauraVergara26
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Molano77 Sun 23 Oct - 18:25

I think that if you don't forgive you keep hate inside you and that is unhealthy so you should forgive mistakes from others.

Juan Molano77
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Valeconstain Sun 23 Oct - 20:57

I think it is not easy to trust again or to win someones trust but I also believe it is not impossible, it takes a lot of time and effort. It is neccessary to forgive that person eventhough he/she let you down but if they are really sorry and demostrate it with effort they deserve forgiveness
Valeconstain
Valeconstain
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Julianapardom Mon 2 Oct - 9:21

I consider that it’s complicated to forgive a break of trust, because people has to win other people’s trust and if you get that treasure it’s because you mean a lot to the other person, who considers you as someone important to express themselves by givin trust on you. Although, it is difficult the best thing to do is to forgive, since forgiveness makes forgetting easier, it helps us put down unwanted memories

“Remember, when you forgive, you heal. And when you let go, you grow” ~anonymous

Julianapardom
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by valeria.tovar.h Mon 2 Oct - 20:03

I think that forgiving is very important just for you to be in peace with the people that surround you, but forgiving is not exactly yo spent time with them as you did before. Now that you know them better and you know what are they capable of doing, this time you should be careful sand not getting too close to them is important for your own health. For personal experiences, it has been very difficult for me to forgive, but when i do, I realize is better to be this way, without rancor.
valeria.tovar.h
valeria.tovar.h
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura García Mon 2 Oct - 20:53

Marianamonroy00 wrote:People whom you love might betray you but are you willing to forgive , let go and have a fresh start? Or will you keep trust issues?

As much as you love that person, once they break your trust it is hard to forgive. You need to understand that if you forgive them, things won't be as they were before. I prefer to let that person go out of my life, rather than having them by my side but not being able to trust what they tell me.

Laura García
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down