Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's discuss about what we believe!!

4 posters

Go down

Let's discuss about what we believe!! Empty Let's discuss about what we believe!!

Post by JuanFe.gto Mon 2 Oct - 17:35

Do you believe in the existence of a God? How do you believe on it? Feel free to give your opinion so we discuss on how our believes might come together!!cheers
JuanFe.gto
JuanFe.gto
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Let's discuss about what we believe!! Empty Re: Let's discuss about what we believe!!

Post by Carlosparra3 Mon 2 Oct - 18:27

JuanFe.gto wrote:Do you believe in the existence of a God? How do you believe on it? Feel free to give your opinion so we discuss on how our believes might come together!!cheers
I might say I believe in God, but I have a lot of true issues when arguing his existence. Maybe I was raised as a Catholic kid, but my way of thinking has led me to criticize some aspects as going to church every Sunday, or the science that contradicts some of the things written on the Bible. Still, I am really tolerant with other religions as I think that most of them have a point. study
Carlosparra3
Carlosparra3
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Let's discuss about what we believe!! Empty Re: Let's discuss about what we believe!!

Post by JuanFe.gto Mon 2 Oct - 18:51

Carlosparra3 wrote:
JuanFe.gto wrote:Do you believe in the existence of a God? How do you believe on it? Feel free to give your opinion so we discuss on how our believes might come together!!cheers
I might say I believe in God, but I have a lot of true issues when arguing his existence. Maybe I was raised as a Catholic kid, but my way of thinking has led me to criticize some aspects as going to church every Sunday, or the science that contradicts some of the things written on the Bible. Still, I am really tolerant with other religions as I think that most of them have a point. study
Dear Charlie, maybe Faith us simply believing in something that scientifically doesn't exist however this believe is powerful enough to fill your heart.
JuanFe.gto
JuanFe.gto
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Let's discuss about what we believe!! Empty Belief

Post by Santy014 Mon 2 Oct - 18:57

Dear Juan Felipe, as you may see, I believe in god; However, I’m conscious that there are some statements from god and it’s book, the Bible, which are scientifically and logically not true, so basically I’m starting to ask myself about the theories and how do these affect my daily life
Santy014
Santy014
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanFe.gto Mon 2 Oct - 19:01

Santy014 wrote:

Dear Juan Felipe, as you may see, I believe in god; However, I’m conscious that there are some statements from god and it’s book, the Bible, which are scientifically and logically not true, so basically I’m starting to ask myself about the theories and how do these affect my daily life
It us understandable that for simple logic the world could not be made on 7 days however we must understand and interpret that it is a metaphoric device for general understanding, so older cultures could understand the text, simply imagine the Genesis explaining how the world was made through scientific explanations if how such complex things where crested, therefore a simple explanation was easier, isn't it?
JuanFe.gto
JuanFe.gto
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Novoa Mon 2 Oct - 21:37

I believe in a supreme god or in an energy that is superior to all humans. However in the last years I questioned the events that have to do with religions and the Bible. For me religions were created by and for man, causing discrepancies in the beliefs of one or other in which respect must be respected independently, thus respecting the freedom of opinion and beliefs of each person. As for the Bible I think it has too many contradictions, just like you said for the understanding of the old cultures that little scientific and technological knowledge had compared to the present, but this does not remove the fact that many of the things that are written in the Bible are opposed to what really dictates the thought and actions it preaches. For example accordingly to the passages of JOHN 14:27 and ACTS 10:36, Jesus was a peaceful man destined to bring love among men. However, there are several passages in the Bible portraying Jesus as an impartiality of righteousness. This is described in MATTHEW 10:34 for example. I think that if a person values its life and values the life of others, it is morally correct, its a person well structured in thought and "soul"; help society progress, is a good person regardless of their beliefs and religion like Christian Catholic, Muslim, Jewish or any other.

Daniel Novoa
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum