Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does the U.S have to provide economic and humanitarian help to Puerto Rico given that it is a colony of the U.S?

4 posters

Go down

Does the U.S have to provide economic and humanitarian help to Puerto Rico given that it is a colony of the U.S? Empty Does the U.S have to provide economic and humanitarian help to Puerto Rico given that it is a colony of the U.S?

Post by Juan Hernández Mon 2 Oct - 18:20

In my personal opinion I strongly believe that United States have to provide assistance to Puerto Rico because just like the U.S government helps it's states such as Florida and Texas it should help Puerto Rico besides the damages of Puerto Rico are extreme given that Puerto Rico is a self-sustained economy it doesn't have enough economical resources to overcome the harsh conditions that hurricane Irma and hurricane Jose left.

Juan Hernández
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Does the U.S have to provide economic and humanitarian help to Puerto Rico given that it is a colony of the U.S? Empty Re: Does the U.S have to provide economic and humanitarian help to Puerto Rico given that it is a colony of the U.S?

Post by Carlosparra3 Mon 2 Oct - 18:38

Juan Hernández wrote:In my personal opinion I strongly believe that United States have to provide assistance to Puerto Rico because just like the U.S government helps it's states such as Florida and Texas it should help Puerto Rico besides the damages of Puerto Rico are extreme given that Puerto Rico is a self-sustained economy it doesn't have enough economical resources to overcome the harsh conditions that hurricane Irma and hurricane Jose left.
Yes, Puerto Rico should have received help from the United States long time ago. Not only because they are technically “another state”, but USA having a lot of economic resources should show solidarity in this types of disasters. This shows a non-caring president who is just worried about its own country and not for helping others who need it.
Carlosparra3
Carlosparra3
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Does the U.S have to provide economic and humanitarian help to Puerto Rico given that it is a colony of the U.S? Empty Re: Does the U.S have to provide economic and humanitarian help to Puerto Rico given that it is a colony of the U.S?

Post by Santy014 Mon 2 Oct - 20:40

Juan Hernández wrote:In my personal opinion I strongly believe that United States have to provide assistance to Puerto Rico because just like the U.S government helps it's states such as Florida and Texas it should help Puerto Rico besides the damages of Puerto Rico are extreme given that Puerto Rico is a self-sustained economy it doesn't have enough economical resources to overcome the harsh conditions that hurricane Irma and hurricane Jose left.

According to the incidents produced in the last years, the United States should offer more help to Puerto Rico[, this is mainly the fault of Donald Trump, who only worries about making America great again; However, let’s not forget that there are lots of people from Puerto Rico living in the Latino area of the United States, this could be interpreted as a way of helping that the United States is giving to Puerto Rico
Santy014
Santy014
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulcho Wed 11 Oct - 11:14

In my opinión they have to help Puerto Rico because the damages are great, because of the huricane, and as they help the other states as Florida, they have to help Puerto Rico as they are as a colony.
Dulcho
Dulcho
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down