Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is life in Colombia better than in North-America?

+19
juanfeCISF
JuanFelipeDavila
juancamilobustosg
DanielaACookies9A
CamilaBaez9A
Laura Algarra
9AUrbinaJuan
analuciaa11
Daniel Melo
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
LauraCastaneda99
Nicole Citarella C
Valeconstain
Saarangom
LauraVergara26
SEDelgado
juanfernando1209
lauramoscoso
manuela8
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is life in Colombia better than in North-America? Empty Is life in Colombia better than in North-America?

Post by manuela8 Mon 26 Sep - 12:41

Culture in Colombia, its traditions and variety in species is a far cry from many other countries; therefore, living in this country is delightful and includes a lot of magic. Colombia may have many things wrong, but it has an essence that any other country has.
manuela8
manuela8
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Is life in Colombia better than in North-America? Empty Re: Is life in Colombia better than in North-America?

Post by Saarangom Mon 26 Sep - 12:44

I'd like to know what is this essence that is given by Colombia.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Is life in Colombia better than in North-America? Empty Re: Is life in Colombia better than in North-America?

Post by Saarangom Mon 26 Sep - 12:45

I'd like to know what is this essence that is given by Colombia. Colombia has an essence, in that I can agree with. One thing is that the essence is subjective to the person. Could you explain this further?
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by lauramoscoso Mon 26 Sep - 12:50

Colombia has a richness that no other country has, our delicious food that varies through coast to coast, the music that fills our big lands and the warmth of every Colombian when a foreigner comes in. We may not have the size or the development that North America has but people are wrong when they say grass is greener on the other side.

lauramoscoso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfernando1209 Mon 26 Sep - 12:51

manuela8 wrote:Culture in Colombia, its traditions and variety in species is a far cry from many other countries; therefore, living in this country is delightful and includes a lot of magic. Colombia may have many things wrong, but it has an essence that any other country has.
I want to know what are the worng thinks that our country Colombia has.
juanfernando1209
juanfernando1209
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by SEDelgado Mon 26 Sep - 12:52

Nevertheless our country has such wonderful culture and traditions, the life quality and welfare in United States is way better than in our country. In the northern country people are capable of reaching to study and to have a work easier than in Colombia the opportunities and support given by the state is much better.
SEDelgado
SEDelgado
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraVergara26 Mon 26 Sep - 13:41

There is only one word that express how is life in Colombia and it is MAGIC. Colombia is a country with unique species, with beautiful landscapes and it gives you the chance of dancing different kind of music because Colombia's music is so different from North America's music. I have to admit that our country has some problems, in the economical and political aspects, but you should understand that with or without problems it is the most amazing and beautiful place I had ever been, with its seas, its food and its people. We are lucky of living here, and we need to keep that in mind every day.
LauraVergara26
LauraVergara26
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Mon 26 Sep - 17:36

Could it be that the "laid back" feeling is the one Manuela and everyone tries to describe? One can see that people react to the cultures they were born in or naturalized in. To my taste, I like being laid back but not in the way we take it in our country. Accepting much other views, you may see that there are countries that work better with certain personalities. Developed countries make organized citizens usually. Ours is just a good place to live in but with its defects according to what one would like to live in.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Valeconstain Tue 27 Sep - 9:16

Many people around the world decide to start a new life in the United States, leaving their family, their job, their house and all they have, this country is known by offering big Oportunities, and how everyone nows to make true the American Dream. Many people may think it is off one's rocker to move to the USA, but it is not, our country has many issues and it is way hard to have a good life and a good education, eventhough i think Colombia is full of good things, great people, beautiful landscapes, a lot of talent and more, the only thing is that we as colombians do not recognize all this good things we have, we dont recognize our art, our music, we are full of things to give to other countries, i am proud of being colombian, i am proud of living in Colombia, and i invite you to be also proud. Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Valeconstain
Valeconstain
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Citarella C Tue 27 Sep - 9:21

LauraVergara26 wrote:There is only one word that express how is life in Colombia and it is MAGIC. Colombia is a country with unique species, with beautiful landscapes and it gives you the chance of dancing different kind of music because Colombia's music is so different from North America's music. I have to admit that our country has some problems, in the economical and political aspects, but you should understand that with or without problems it is the most amazing and beautiful place I had ever been, with its seas, its food and its people. We are lucky of living here, and we need to keep that in mind every day.

I completely ash are this point of view. Sometimes we fuss about the many defects that our country has, but we don't realize that every county has the too, maybe not the same our country does but I assure you they do, weather it is political, economical or social. Believing that a country is perfect is nothing more than a utopia that we all dream about, because simply a perfect nation cannot be found in this world so don't look much to the flaws our county has but rather the advantages mentioned in the comment above. Our country is beautiful is its unique way so if I were you, at the drop of a hat I would choose to live just were I am.

Nicole Citarella C
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraCastaneda99 Tue 27 Sep - 9:27

Valeconstain wrote:Many people around the world decide to start a new life in the United States, leaving their family, their job, their house and all they have, this country is known by offering big Oportunities, and how everyone nows to make true the American Dream. Many people may think it is off one's rocker to move to the USA, but it is not, our country has many issues and it is way hard to have a good life and a good education, eventhough i think Colombia is full of good things, great people, beautiful landscapes, a lot of talent and more, the only thing is that we as colombians do not recognize all this good things we have, we dont recognize our art, our music, we are full of things to give to other countries, i am proud of being colombian, i am proud of living in Colombia, and i invite you to be also proud. Very Happy Very Happy cheers

Of course that we have to be proud of our country and be proud of being here in Colombia a country that have passion in all sense but if a opportunity of living in the USA is giving we can't miss the boat and we have to take advantage of the situation and travel because a opportunity like that can't never come again and USA is a very good country and is good for the jobs and is a good country to life.
LauraCastaneda99
LauraCastaneda99
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9ADaniel_Acevedo99 Tue 27 Sep - 12:30

SEDelgado wrote:Nevertheless our country has such wonderful culture and traditions, the life quality and welfare in United States is way better than in our country. In the northern country people are capable of reaching to study and to have a work easier than in Colombia the opportunities and support given by the state is much better.
I agree with Simon, obviously we should be proud of our country, we have such wonderful things to be proud about, the food, the culture, the nature, the kindness of the people and a lot of other things. But to make the long story short, Colombia is through development and the States is a developed country and a potency, the quality of life in the USA is a lot better than here, more people are capable to study and work. There are more opportunities there, as simple as that.
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Melo Tue 27 Sep - 13:33

We can see this topic in two ways. If we see the life in Colombia and in North-America in accordance their organization of society, is obvious that life in North-America is better, justice is take in a serious way, also they are most conscious about the place they life in so they care about it with simple actions like not throwing trash, or contaminating the surroundings. But if we see the life in both places as tradition, culture and variety, we can said that life in Colombia is better due to the amount of nature, festivals and fun. For many years this topic have been a hot potato due to people criticize Colombia and only see its errors. You need to see this in an objective way

Daniel Melo
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by analuciaa11 Tue 27 Sep - 13:45

We can say about life in North America is better, justice is definitely taken in a serious way, they respect more rules, they have more conscious about their environment and the place where they live and develop their daily activities. But we can also say that talking about traditions and cultures, biodiversity and nature it's better Colombia. This topic has been a hot potatoe, it has been debated for many years and in many situations, having as a common result that most of the people think than definitely it's better life in North America .
analuciaa11
analuciaa11
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AUrbinaJuan Tue 27 Sep - 17:23

We can see the positive parts of both places, the best of both worlds, Colombia and North America, Because it is a fact that the United States has a better organization in terms of society and justice, as well that they are advanced in terms of technology, but we can  not leave Colombia aside, it is a place where natural beauty is seen in all of it´s magnificence, it has a variety of places, from an inmense sea to giant mountines, to beautiful forest or to jungles full of a variety of plants and animals, something that North America does not have. As well talking about culture, the Colombian culture is rich in every sence and we still conserve some aspects from our ancestors, and North America let the rest of the world change it´s culture, so for conclusion we can say both of the places have their good and bad things and the fact of which place is better is a matter of debate and personals points of view. Very Happy

9AUrbinaJuan
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Tue 27 Sep - 17:40

It all depends in what aspects we are referring to taking into account that both, North America and Colombia, have advantages and disadvantages. Colombia have way better landscapes and animals and plants diversity than countries like United States, in what nature concern; however, Canada and U.S.A have by far better organization and public spirit than our country. I can't say whether a culture is better than the other due to the fact that I don't know completely the north american's one, nor mine, and every country have its own history, each one as important as the other. For this reason, I would not miss the boat of getting to know more my country and the North American ones.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CamilaBaez9A Tue 27 Sep - 22:14

I cont really know about it but i would like to know what you think of this and what are the reasons why you think this. i want to know more about this topic , please answer.

CamilaBaez9A
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CamilaBaez9A Tue 27 Sep - 22:17

LauraVergara26 wrote:There is only one word that express how is life in Colombia and it is MAGIC. Colombia is a country with unique species, with beautiful landscapes and it gives you the chance of dancing different kind of music because Colombia's music is so different from North America's music. I have to admit that our country has some problems, in the economical and political aspects, but you should understand that with or without problems it is the most amazing and beautiful place I had ever been, with its seas, its food and its people. We are lucky of living here, and we need to keep that in mind every day.

Yes Laura, i think you are right ,Colombia is a country with a lot of diversity in every way , not only in culture but also in the ecosystem and that its what makes it beautiful and makes life here magic.

CamilaBaez9A
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielaACookies9A Wed 28 Sep - 5:22

Nicole Citarella C wrote:

I completely ash are this point of view. Sometimes we fuss about the many defects that our country has, but we don't realize that every county has the too, maybe not the same our country does but I assure you they do, weather it is political, economical or social. Believing that a country is perfect is nothing more than a utopia that we all dream about, because simply a perfect nation cannot be found in this world so don't look much to the flaws our county has but rather the advantages mentioned in the comment above. Our country is beautiful is its unique way so if I were you, at the drop of a hat I would choose to live just were I am.

I totally agrre with you Niky, we all have tto be proud about the country where we were borned, but this don´t means that we have to exclude all the problematics of our country, that you don´t live them with your own body, doesn´t mean they don´t exist.

DanielaACookies9A
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juancamilobustosg Mon 3 Oct - 21:40

Colombia may have a lot of political,economic and,of course,social problems but the magic and richness in this country makes those conflicts loose scope on the colombian people who are the happiest on the world! bounce
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanFelipeDavila Wed 5 Oct - 20:00

I agree with you laura when you say that Colombia is a magical place and that the culture of the Colombians is one of the best things we have. Although, United States provide more chances to succes since It has a better economy and doesn't have the internal problems that we do have here in Colombia like poverty or the lots of violence and conflicts in the country.
JuanFelipeDavila
JuanFelipeDavila
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfeCISF Wed 5 Oct - 20:14

manuela8 wrote:Culture in Colombia, its traditions and variety in species is a far cry from many other countries; therefore, living in this country is delightful and includes a lot of magic. Colombia may have many things wrong, but it has an essence that any other country has.
No country is better than another for me it is stupid to say that one country is better because this creates competition and hate, and this is one of the main problems that nationalism brought into every single country. For me the ball is in your court when deciding where to go, and for me it would be Colombia, not only because i was born here but because of the amazing canvas that you can find all over the country, also Colombians has a very different culture which is more rich in terms of ethnicity and that is something that i love about Colombia.
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juancamilobustosg Wed 5 Oct - 20:29

juanfeCISF wrote:
No country is better than another for me it is stupid to say that one country is better because this creates competition and hate, and this is one of the main problems that nationalism brought into every single country. For me the ball is in your court when deciding where to go, and for me it would be Colombia, not only because i was born here but because of the amazing canvas that you can find all over the country, also Colombians has a very different culture which is more rich in terms of ethnicity and that is something that i love about Colombia.  
That is right Juanf, most people will always declare their country is the best with or without inner problems. Asking about what type of life a country offers is better than other is silly. Objectively, we should ask ourselfs what lifestyle is better on objective manners like conomics,healthcare and even job remuneration. In that case, these are the top 10 nations that will offer an economiclly stable lifestyle:
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ItzjakPosada16 Wed 5 Oct - 20:44

SEDelgado wrote:Nevertheless our country has such wonderful culture and traditions, the life quality and welfare in United States is way better than in our country. In the northern country people are capable of reaching to study and to have a work easier than in Colombia the opportunities and support given by the state is much better.
I agree with Simon. Colombia is a beautiful country, with magical views (landscapes, animals, plants), with a huge richness of resources and with a good future if colombians make things right. But if we analize the situation of our country is not the best one. We have war, bad public education, we are not aware of the mistakes of the past and we continue making the same mistakes, bad health quality, lack of opportunity and a very huge problem OUR GOVERMENT DOESN´T CARE, they only care about THEY OWN BENEFITS. That is why for me in North America you can achieve a better quality of life.
ItzjakPosada16
ItzjakPosada16
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Diego Osso Wed 5 Oct - 21:45

I think that life in North - America is better , they have better condition of life, everything is more organice , people that live in there have a more relaxed life without problems in the city and the government. Anyway Colombia is a beautiful place and we could be better.
Juan Diego Osso
Juan Diego Osso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next