Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now that the NO win, what would be the future of the country

+5
MariaJoseOsorio25
La Xime
9AJulianFelipe
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
juan.10412
9 posters

Go down

Now that the NO win, what would be the future of the country Empty Now that the NO win, what would be the future of the country

Post by juan.10412 Mon 3 Oct - 12:20

The NO win in colombia and the peace that we were looking for with the plebiscite was not accomplished, so what do you think the gobernment would do and why
juan.10412
juan.10412
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Now that the NO win, what would be the future of the country Empty Re: Now that the NO win, what would be the future of the country

Post by 9ADaniel_Acevedo99 Mon 3 Oct - 12:31

I think that the government didn't expect to the NO win. So, with the NO the FARC can do everything they want. They say they can renegotiate but it is very hard to renegotiate a deal that took 4 years. I hope FARC don't return to war.
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Now that the NO win, what would be the future of the country Empty Re: Now that the NO win, what would be the future of the country

Post by 9AJulianFelipe Mon 3 Oct - 12:38

From my point of view, the country lost a chance of returning peace, now we have to wait a long time until Las FARC want to negotiate again with the government, but I hope that if we reach an agreement, both parts, the government and the FARC are both beneficiaries of it

9AJulianFelipe
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by juan.10412 Mon 3 Oct - 12:40

Now that the NO win, the government had to improvise and had to accept this answer. The gobernment should plan a negociation with las FARC to do something for dont leaving this plebiscite to trash and improve this country for achieving the peace
juan.10412
juan.10412
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by La Xime Tue 4 Oct - 19:30

There´s a big doubt about the future of the country. Even though the Farc said they will continue with the cease fire, the people don´t now what will happen. if the a negotiation will we reset, or if the politic party. Centro Democrático, will enter to the negotiation. But what is certain is that the agreement is done and the peace has more possibilities. So if the opposition, FARC and government don´t get to a deal for the end of this year. In 2018 there will be no sign to peace. Due to the fact that year are the president elections. Thanks to this Colombia has only 4 moths to decide what will they do about this.
La Xime
La Xime
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by MariaJoseOsorio25 Wed 5 Oct - 12:39

9ADaniel_Acevedo99 wrote:I think that the government didn't expect to the NO win. So, with the NO the FARC can do everything they want. They say they can renegotiate but it is very hard to renegotiate a deal that took 4 years. I hope FARC don't return to war.
It is very sad that we deny the option to stop war but we need to think in our future, I agree with you saying that is hard to renegotiate a deal that took so long, Uribe and centro democrático don't even know what points to add or modify, the plebiscite was more of politics than the real peace.
MariaJoseOsorio25
MariaJoseOsorio25
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AIvanGuerrero Wed 5 Oct - 19:05

It is simple now that the No win , first we dont have the neccesity of telling the Yes votants they are looseers because they dont lose we all loose something in this votations so it has no sense, second I would like to tell everyone nothing is lost we cam begin the renegotioation with all the positions, but if the politics tlking about Santos and Uribe really want the power because of the country they have to seat and talk not fight, if this doesnt come finally the FARC will call for an Costituyent Assamblence which in this case the stupid argument someone use when saying by voting YES you are giving the country now we give it and the FARC can decide if they stay with their conditions or go again ti war so itis a hot potato debate I would like to hear Yes votants in this case....
9AIvanGuerrero
9AIvanGuerrero
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by lauramoscoso Wed 5 Oct - 20:38

Unfortunately, many people went for the NO and it won, leaving Colombia in a state of confusion. The future of the country is now uncertain, nobody know what will happen now that president Santos announced the cease of fire will be until October 31st and nobody know what will happen to the poor victims that ultimately voted YES. Colombia's future isn't clear anymore, and we can only blame people who decided that the agreement wan't fair.

lauramoscoso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilo.DlH Wed 5 Oct - 20:41

I think the government should try to keep up with the peace process. In parallel with this, the government should dialogue with the opposition and try to find a solution to the disagreement. This because a 4 year looking process can't finish with a badly done plebiscite (in my opinion). Also because it is an unique opportunity for our country and this could make a faster country development in some years from now.
Camilo.DlH
Camilo.DlH
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Jose Pinzon Gil Wed 5 Oct - 20:48

I think that now that the NO won, the president will notice there is many people who doesnt agree the peace treaty, so now he can change the points he knows that society disagrees with, offcourse renegotiating with FARC so that we dont go to war once again.

Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down