Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think school should put a class were you can focus on what you want to be on the future?

+7
Juanzapata31
Gtortoretto
Laura Algarra
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Kevin Santana
CamilaBaez9A
9APaula
11 posters

Go down

Do you think school should put a class were you can focus on what you want to be on the future? Empty Do you think school should put a class were you can focus on what you want to be on the future?

Post by 9APaula Wed 5 Oct - 21:56

A lot of schools in other countries give their students the opportunity to chose a class that they think would be useful refering on what they want to study at the university or a subject (activity) they will like to have that it is not necessarily one hundred percent academic (like photography, painting, and others). Would you like to have this kind of subject at our school? Why?
9APaula
9APaula
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Do you think school should put a class were you can focus on what you want to be on the future? Empty Re: Do you think school should put a class were you can focus on what you want to be on the future?

Post by CamilaBaez9A Wed 5 Oct - 23:45

I think this is one of the most important things schools should do because it helps people to preper to be what they want to be and also doing what they love.

CamilaBaez9A
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Do you think school should put a class were you can focus on what you want to be on the future? Empty Re: Do you think school should put a class were you can focus on what you want to be on the future?

Post by Kevin Santana Wed 5 Oct - 23:51

9APaula wrote:A lot of schools in other countries give their students the opportunity to chose a class that they think would be useful refering on what they want to study at the university or a subject (activity) they will like to have that it is not necessarily one hundred percent academic (like photography, painting, and others). Would you like to have this kind of subject at our school? Why?
No, beacuse the students will not take this time serious and they will only relax and not think on their future.

Kevin Santana
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by OpTc Felipe Díaz Thu 6 Oct - 0:15

I think that yes but this most be in the last grade, when the students are going to take this serious
OpTc Felipe Díaz
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Sat 15 Oct - 21:19

Supposedly the 'Global Perspectives' subject is going to help is to develop our skills for our future, it is also supposed to be a subject in which we can support ourselves on to find what we want to study in a near future and what we are going to be. I don't think 'Global' has helped us in neither one nor the other. I would love to have a subject in which I can guide myself to know what I will be in a future, it would be very useful to try different things until we know in what we are good at. As always there will be some students who will take this as joke but that will just affect themselves if they are not mature enough at this point of their lives to know what will be important for them and their life when their parents no longer support them and pay them all their needs, when they arrive to the real life.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Thu 20 Oct - 7:49

9APaula wrote:A lot of schools in other countries give their students the opportunity to chose a class that they think would be useful refering on what they want to study at the university or a subject (activity) they will like to have that it is not necessarily one hundred percent academic (like photography, painting, and others). Would you like to have this kind of subject at our school? Why?
I completely agree with you, having classes of something you know will be useful to you in the future can be a very good idea, but in my opinion it unfortunately won't be included on our school for a number of reasons. One of the biggest reason for th e school to add this new courses are the quantity o courses they would have to open. Another reason is that many students won't know what course to do, since they won't know what job they pretend to make.
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanzapata31 Thu 20 Oct - 10:08

Laura Algarra wrote:Supposedly the 'Global Perspectives' subject is going to help is to develop our skills for our future, it is also supposed to be a subject in which we can support ourselves on to find what we want to study in a near future and what we are going to be. I don't think 'Global' has helped us in neither one nor the other. I would love to have a subject in which I can guide myself to know what I will be in a future, it would be very useful to try different things until we know in what we are good at. As always there will be some students who will take this as joke but that will just affect themselves if they are not mature enough at this point of their lives to know what will be important for them and their life when their parents no longer support them and pay them all their needs, when they arrive to the real life.

The global perspectives class, in my opinion, is important for us, for improving our skills when reasoning because in the future, we will make our own decisions, but I think that we should learn more about our economical terms, and all relationed with finances, because we will be managing our own resources, and we may hit the nail on the head, and not just waste our money, do it with responsability. The school is teaching us many subjects, but they are not thinking in our careers, we should have an objective in the last two years of school, because we may choose a career that we like, that we will like to focus; however, the school provides us the assistants for choosing our career but we need to pay for it, and it is just in the second bimester. If we choose a wrong caree, is like taking the wrong way, you will be working in something you don't like. In conclusion referring to the quote, we have global perspective, it is a good class, but as I already mentioned, we must have an especial class for the different types of careers, like politics, arts or engineerings, for having a good future, and don't lose time in something you won't enjoy, the most important thing is to guide ourselves in a correct way. The school must get more interested.
Juanzapata31
Juanzapata31
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan Reátiga Thu 20 Oct - 10:27

Yes, it would be a very good idea. Ofcourse some sudents wouldn't take seriously the free time they have to work in the important stuff, but they do the same in classes like global or ethics, and they are still a subject at this school. In addition, this class is going to be about something we actually care about and this will theach an important lesson of autonomy (which the students definitely need).
Megan Reátiga
Megan Reátiga
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Melo Sun 23 Oct - 13:23

It would be an excellent idea, schools often have classes which are not interesting for students as many of them in degrees as ninth, tenth and eleventh already know what to study. These classes do not give them any use, so it would be a good idea to implement a class that focus in a thematic that will be useful for their future.

Daniel Melo
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar.rojas Sun 23 Oct - 13:40

We can not debate if a class is important or useful because it is very subjective and if you think about it, every class has it´s importance depending on what you want to study. School should consider the idea of adding a class where students develop some habilities they would need in the career they want to study. Some schools in United States for example, give the students the opportunity to have classes like: photography, painting, chorus, cooking and others. In my opinion this should be something that the school could implement in ninth, tenth and eleven grade.

oscar.rojas
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by 9Amaria.arango Sun 23 Oct - 17:30

I think it is very necessary that a class that focus on something you like besides the traditional subjects because sometimes, almost all the times, we think there are topics that are not going to be helpful to our future, to balance that type of thinking i think schools could puut other subjects like photography, drama etc
9Amaria.arango
9Amaria.arango
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down