Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Vallenato going down on quality and eventually disapering?

4 posters

Go down

Is Vallenato going down on quality and eventually disapering? Empty Is Vallenato going down on quality and eventually disapering?

Post by juancamilobustosg Mon 3 Oct - 21:27

Colombia is being influenced by foreign music more than ever. Can this cause Vallenato and other national music to disapear on one or two generations?
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is Vallenato going down on quality and eventually disapering? Empty Re: Is Vallenato going down on quality and eventually disapering?

Post by 9ASusana Wed 5 Oct - 20:23

Nooo, vallenato will never disappear. It is a genre here in Colombia that will stay stand until forever, it doesn't matter if there is foreign influence. For example, how could binomio de oro be forgotten? So if someone thinks that vallenato is in risk of disappearing, is because he or she is barking up the wrong tree.
9ASusana
9ASusana
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Is Vallenato going down on quality and eventually disapering? Empty Re: Is Vallenato going down on quality and eventually disapering?

Post by OpTc Felipe Díaz Wed 5 Oct - 21:12

We know that is very difficult that music like vallenato disappear, but what is happening in vallenato, is something very important because vallenato is changing in all the ways, some singers like Silvestre Dangond are changing their music and they are starting to sing music based in other genres. The vallenato that comes from the heart, the real vallenato, is disappearing, nowadays people who create songs doesn't have the same feelings of the "juglares". Music composers like Escalona, Gustavo Gutierrez, Hernando Marin had been changed by reggaeton composers, this made a big change in vallenato.
Also, "vallenato" nowadays isn't based in what the real vallenato is based, the "son" is disappearing because the new people that play the accordion doesn't know how to use the bass. The "puya" is disappearing because the people that plays the accordion doesn't practice and doesn't get the speed in their hands to play it. The people doesn't create "merengue" because they said, that is not sold. What is sold is a different music, completely different from vallenato.
OpTc Felipe Díaz
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellaGarciaG Sun 23 Oct - 9:52

I love vallenato my dearest friends. However i'm really concerned about the last vallenato hits, they have completely disappointed me. There's nothing like old-school songs, Diomedez "el cacique" and El Binomio de Oro, my favs.
New songs (not all of them, but some) have changed the essence, lyrics are now just so vague, singers now are not really expressing their feelings and reality in their songs. Because when I listen to old Vallenato I feel transported to the singers reality, but that doesnt happen with new one.
But I dont think vallenato will disappear, it makes part of Colombias legacy, and we should be proud and continue to enjoy old songs, and find taste in new ones.
IsabellaGarciaG
IsabellaGarciaG
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juancamilobustosg Sun 23 Oct - 12:12

9ASusana wrote:Nooo, vallenato will never disappear. It is a genre here in Colombia that will stay stand until forever, it doesn't matter if there is foreign influence. For example, how could binomio de oro be forgotten? So if someone thinks that vallenato is in risk of disappearing, is because he or she is barking up the wrong tree.
Susana I can't back you up in this one. Sure, artist like Diomedes Diaz or Poncho Zuleta will never be forgotten but it is not the memory that makes the music it's the constant appareance of new artist that continue the tradition which carries the legacy living. Today's Vallenato makes classic Vallenato lovers to have a long face because it constantly merges with bachata or reggaetón and that really costs the genre an arm and a leg. I wil leave you an example of the new Vallenato (horrible) and the old classic one(perfect):
NEW Mad
OLD Laughing Very Happy
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down