Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it completely necessary to believe in something/someone?

+4
Daniel Novoa
Angelica Herrera
Laura García
Laura Guevara
8 posters

Go down

Is it completely necessary to believe in something/someone? Empty Is it completely necessary to believe in something/someone?

Post by Laura Guevara Tue 19 Sep - 9:01

People are used to believing that having a guide in any aspect of life is the complete sense of living. Some others think that it is a complete waste of time.

Laura Guevara

Back to top Go down

Is it completely necessary to believe in something/someone? Empty Re: Is it completely necessary to believe in something/someone?

Post by Laura García Tue 19 Sep - 9:15

Laura Guevara wrote:People are used to believing that having a guide in any aspect of life is the complete sense of living. Some others think that it is a complete waste of time.

I personally think everyone has their own beliefs, is just that some of them like to make it public and others just like to keep it to themselves. Just because one person doesn't talk about their beliefs all the time, doesn't mean they don't believe in someone or something.

Last edited by Laura García on Tue 19 Sep - 9:28; edited 1 time in total

Laura García
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Is it completely necessary to believe in something/someone? Empty Re: Is it completely necessary to believe in something/someone?

Post by Angelica Herrera Tue 19 Sep - 9:25

It is not completely necessary but believing in someone/something means that you act based on your beliefs; your actions always in many cases reflect your beliefs. Another point is that people decide whether to use beliefs badly or not. So believing in someone/something means that your actions and your words are based on how you see the world and how you see society.

Angelica Herrera
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Novoa Wed 20 Sep - 10:32

Angelica Herrera wrote:It is not completely necessary but believing in someone/something means that you act based on your beliefs; your actions always in many cases reflect your beliefs. Another point is that people decide whether to use beliefs badly or not. So believing in someone/something means that your actions and your words are based on how you see the world and how you see society.

I totally agree on your comment, people must not necessarily believe in something to be good people and make positive actions for society. The thought that we must have is to appreciate our life and give it the importance that our loved ones deserve, the people who always motivate us to get ahead in spite of adversity. As you mentioned, people who believe in something must be consistent with those beliefs and perform the acts in which they believe. For example, it is contradictory and very negative for someone who believes in God to do demeaning acts million times as murder, robbery, or serios lies . This makes it inconsistent the way that person acts as she "thinks"; This is why we must bring down these contradictions at the drop of a hat and seldom I have seen such contradictory ideologies in my life! The last thing you said is algo very true as our thoughts define our personality and this is the way we see the world and the things around us.

Daniel Novoa
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Sebastián Talero Mon 2 Oct - 18:30

The way of seeing life, people, learning, listening or simply relating to their environment, are factors that affect the extent to which you believe in something or not. We realize that there is a creation, which even is perfect and that is the starting point for everyone who wants to create, we Observe and we start to see, to know, to feel, to think and to BELIEVE, etc. that there is someone or something that created all this from the beginning, to that being we have called God, then we begin to believe. when sometimes happens things not very pleasant  to human then comes the doubt. But sometimes this doubt take away the hope of people and destroy them, so there are people which can live without believing in something and others that cant live without believing in something.

Juan Sebastián Talero
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Santy014 Mon 2 Oct - 19:01

Laura Guevara wrote:People are used to believing that having a guide in any aspect of life is the complete sense of living. Some others think that it is a complete waste of time.

Dear Laura, I totally agree with you, since I sometimes feel in a way of not expressing myself freely due to my belief system, this makes me ask myself the reasons of why should I believe in god, also because there are some statements from God that are scientifically and logically not true
Santy014
Santy014
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanFe.gto Mon 2 Oct - 19:06

It is simple, THERE IS ALWAYS SOME EMPTINESS THAT CAN'T BE FILLED BY NOTHIG BUT GOD
JuanFe.gto
JuanFe.gto
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by marianaparra Mon 2 Oct - 19:43

I think it is important to believe in something to have a purpose in your life and to know what you live for and why you do what you do. I consider my beliefs are the base of my existence because I act according to what I believe at.

marianaparra
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down