Is being atheist a religion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is being atheist a religion?

Post by Dianamendez on Thu 21 Sep - 13:09

You believe in believing in nothing

Dianamendez
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-09-21
Age : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: Is being atheist a religion?

Post by alejandrabo2 on Thu 21 Sep - 13:15

Yes, since you belief in not believing.
avatar
alejandrabo2
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Is being atheist a religion?

Post by alejandrabo2 on Thu 21 Sep - 13:17

dianamendez wrote:Yes, since you belief in not believing.
avatar
alejandrabo2
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Is being atheist a religion?

Post by Carlosparra3 on Sun 1 Oct - 18:28

Dianamendez wrote:You believe in believing in nothing
Yes, due to the fact that having no belief in something might be a belief itself. This means, not believing in anything can be a way of believing that every belief existing is wrong Mad .That is why atheism can be considered a new religion; it might not be as powerful as others, but it may have stronger arguments.
avatar
Carlosparra3
Town Crier
Town Crier

Posts : 48
Join date : 2017-09-21
Age : 16
Location : Samacá

Back to top Go down

Re: Is being atheist a religion?

Post by JuanFe.gto on Mon 2 Oct - 17:45

Dianamendez wrote: What a Face You believe in believing in nothing
Diana, being an atheist means not believing in the existence of any kind of god or force more powerful than ourselves, therefore you must believe in something which may be from believing in your self and your own capabilities , believing in nature, Fate, knowledge or science.
avatar
JuanFe.gto
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Is being atheist a religion?

Post by Juan Castro on Mon 2 Oct - 18:28

Dianamendez wrote:You believe in believing in nothing

I think atheism is a belief system due to it is just a system in with although you are not believing in nothing they have certain ways of thinking and way of seeing the life which makes this a belief system.

Juan Castro
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Posts : 39
Join date : 2017-09-19
Age : 16
Location : Cota

Back to top Go down

Re: Is being atheist a religion?

Post by Juan Hernández on Mon 2 Oct - 18:41

Dianamendez wrote:You believe in believing in nothing
Diana I strongly disagree with your argument given that you can not cualify as quick as a bullet that atehism is a religion given that you first have to assess the definition of religion itself  religion its defined as: "the service and worship of God or the supernatural" or "commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance" this is a certified definition by the Merriam-Webster dictionary. Now clearly stated what a religion is please compare it to the belief arrangement that being an atheist is, more specifically the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines it as: "a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods" or "a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods" so do you really think that one as an atheist worships "not believing" in anything? do someone as an atheist places every action or activity in function of not believing? I think not so its not possible to think that atheism is a religion itself.

Juan Hernández
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Is being atheist a religion?

Post by mariajosechacon on Wed 8 Nov - 12:52

Where in the world were you to consider that "you believe in believing in nothing". Of course I can't say it's incorrect, I'm not Einstein. But I don't agree. Being atheist means believing in nothing. In the other hand you don't believe in someone if you are atheist, in a religion you do, and that's how religion is defined, as the service and worship of God or supernatural. Far cry from the atheism definition which is
"disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods". As a conclusion No, being atheist is not a religion.

mariajosechacon
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Is being atheist a religion?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum