Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you consider reggaeton ordinary?

+3
9ASusana
Megan Reátiga
manuela8
7 posters

Go down

Do you consider reggaeton ordinary? Empty Do you consider reggaeton ordinary?

Post by manuela8 Wed 5 Oct - 18:38

Most of reggaeton's lyrics are related to sexual themes, disrespecting women or talking about drugs. Nowadays, some artists from this genre have improved them, but some are still using awful and vulgar lyrics in their songs.
manuela8
manuela8
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Do you consider reggaeton ordinary? Empty Re: Do you consider reggaeton ordinary?

Post by Megan Reátiga Wed 5 Oct - 20:02

Just talking about sex, woman, I think this is the worst genre of all time, just noises and repeats the same things over and over again! It's the same rhythm on every single song!
The worst thing is that this "music" has becomed very popular in Latin America, and is making small children have a wrong idea about how the world works.
Megan Reátiga
Megan Reátiga
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Do you consider reggaeton ordinary? Empty Re: Do you consider reggaeton ordinary?

Post by 9ASusana Wed 5 Oct - 20:16

I believe that reggaeton is a really good genre of music. Besides its crude lyrics, I think that there are other genres that have the same disrespectful language towards woman. Maybe it is ordinary but it is not the only genre of music with that type of themes like sexuality.
9ASusana
9ASusana
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by santiago.10945 Wed 5 Oct - 20:37

reggaeton is not bad, is bad not hear it, reggaeton makes your body move, turns parties up, gives everyone the opportunity to dance, also its lyrics are really catchie, it may have some gross lyrics sometimes, but that is what gives it emotion.
santiago.10945
santiago.10945
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mafe gonzalez Wed 5 Oct - 21:52

I think reggaeton does not leave us an specific message for us to learn with, in the most of the case it talks about sex and is debasing the feminine sex. I think reggaeton would be better if only the lyrics of it can change and it should not be so offensive.

mafe gonzalez
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilyArias99 Sun 23 Oct - 15:38

This kind of music mostly, talk about sex, woman in a bad way and drugs. I think that society needs music that can make you think what you want to. Reggaeton talk about the bad things of society and don´t encourage people to change or be better for the world.
EmilyArias99
EmilyArias99
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Sun 23 Oct - 18:46

I consider Reggaeton's lyrics and music videos ordinary, I don't think it is really necessary to use women as a sex image in order to get more Youtube views, not only an image but reggaeton expresses towards its lyrics which most of the time are plenty sexual and depraved in what they express to the ones that listen to that type of music, it can be considered as a reminder that some people are still unevolved who still relate "good music" to almost naked woman dancing in front of the small screen. Friends of mine who are extremely against with this music genre declare that the only thing which reggaeton express in a song is "fame and sex by degrading the woman in an ordinary mixture of voices and beats", I do not think that they are very far from reality; however, I must admit that I like a lot the reggaeton's rhythm in its drumline, it is contagious.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down