Relationship with teachers?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Relationship with teachers?

Post by Admin on Wed 15 Apr - 8:08

Is it appropriate for students and teachers to be friends on Facebook? Is meeting up with your teacher out of school ok? Why? Why not?
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 60
Join date : 2015-04-08

http://insideout.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by JoseRey99 on Wed 15 Apr - 8:14

Admin wrote:Is it appropriate for students and teachers to be friends on Facebook? Is meeting up with your teacher out of school ok? Why? Why not?

I think everything in life have times and moments. That's why In my opinion students and teachers need to have an impersonal relationship.

Obviously is not only the teacher who makes these "inappropriate" kind of relationships, it's also the student takes two to tango.

JoseRey99
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 19
Location : Colombia

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Santiescobar11227 on Wed 15 Apr - 8:20

For my opinion the purpose or having a relation with a teacher could be involve in moments; furthermore, it's important to recognized that this kind of relation need to be separate of the school relation. If I knew that both relations are being related I will keep something of bay. On the other hand, I need to say that having a relation will be necessary for the process of communication, and also it will be great full having this process.

Santiescobar11227
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Guest on Wed 15 Apr - 8:31

In My opinion the relationship with the teachers is only educative and not personal; for this reason, i think teachers and students do not have to be friends in Facebook and that is why the school prohibits teachers give personal information to the students. However, meeting a teacher out of school is ok, because it can be only a coincidence or the teacher is going to help giving you extra classes out of school.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by carloshernandez on Wed 15 Apr - 8:35

Santiescobar11227 wrote:For my opinion the purpose or having a relation with a teacher could be involve in moments; furthermore, it's important to recognized that this kind of relation need to be separate of the school relation. If I knew that both relations are being related I will keep something of bay. On the other hand, I need to say that having a relation will be necessary for the process of communication, and also it will be great full having this process.
I agree because if we have a relationship with a teacher first we have to understand that is separate of the school relation.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by AndresMaldonado9925 on Wed 15 Apr - 11:43

In my opinion having teachers as friends can affect the academic progress that a student has at school; moreover, teachers must be present as teachers and friends must be present as friends for a student. Teachers are far cry from friends of the same age. This relationship can be separate from the school; however, in some case the relationship can turn into another perspective. Most of the time, in a negatively.
avatar
AndresMaldonado9925
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by MarianaSantafé on Wed 15 Apr - 11:47

Admin wrote:Is it appropriate for students and teachers to be friends on Facebook? Is meeting up with your teacher out of school ok? Why? Why not?
In my opinion teachers and students should not be friends on Facebook, because if the student wants to have a private life apart of school is his or her right to be private, although in some cases, and if you trust the teacher you can be friends.
On the other hand, many students want to keep the relationship between their teachers just academic and nothing more, and it is completely understandable, but in my case my mom's friends and i are friends too.
To conclude you can have a relationship apart from school with your teachers, and I personally am on the ball because it is my everyday life.

MarianaSantafé
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by delgadossdvsf on Wed 15 Apr - 14:51

Admin wrote:Is it appropriate for students and teachers to be friends on Facebook? Is meeting up with your teacher out of school ok? Why? Why not?
I think that there is an private space that students and teachers are supposed to have. For me this isn't wrong, but I think this space should be respected.

delgadossdvsf
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Guest on Wed 15 Apr - 20:01

I think this kind of relationship are needed to be kept at bay, because they could be problematic and risky.

In school the relationship must be based on academic issues, so having this in mind I don't think necessary to have a personal relationship.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by juanitamendez27 on Wed 15 Apr - 21:03

Our academic life is far cry from our personal life. This is why I think it isn't Ok to have a teacher in Facebook or meeting a teacher outside school. I am not saying you can't have certain confidence with one or other teacher. But, I think being close friends with a teacher is not the best idea.

juanitamendez27
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by carloshernandez on Wed 15 Apr - 22:55

In my opinion I think that teachers can be fries of the students but that first have to understand that if they wer going to be friends they have to live the relationship about of the schools things, but I also think that is no a good idea to be a very close friends.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Yamito on Thu 16 Apr - 10:08

Your relation ship with teacher could be at school. Having them on Facebook would not affect your social life or your integrity. If it does you need to report it to the director. Meting out of school would be friendship, but in some school this can't be done.
avatar
Yamito
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 35
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Santiescobar11227 on Thu 16 Apr - 13:42

carloshernandez wrote:In my opinion I think that teachers can be fries of the students but that first have to understand that if they wer going to be friends they have to live the relationship about of the schools things, but I also think that is no a good idea to be a very close friends.

I my opinion I disagree, because in cases you are not going to join the to themes in the same one; moreover, if you have agree with me answer you are getting contradictory with your own post, but also it s necessary to create relation with them without changing its mean that is joining the relation.

Santiescobar11227
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Manuelacastrillon on Thu 16 Apr - 18:10

Admin wrote:Is it appropriate for students and teachers to be friends on Facebook? Is meeting up with your teacher out of school ok? Why? Why not?
In my opinion, relationship between students and teacher may exists, but with limits. I mean, that getting outside for meeting each other is not well-chosen. Both of them may have just different life's with a normal and suitable relation.

Manuelacastrillon
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Posts : 43
Join date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Vale Gómez on Thu 16 Apr - 18:47

I think with everything in life you need limits. I think relationships with teacher are good, but you dont need to forget that they are a bigger authority and you need to take that into account when you want to have a relationship with your teachers.

Vale Gómez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Posts : 50
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 18
Location : School

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Manuelacastrillon on Thu 16 Apr - 19:16

sebastian melo wrote:I think this kind of relationship  are needed to be kept at bay, because they could be problematic and risky.

In school the relationship must be based on academic issues, so having this in mind I don't think necessary to have a personal relationship.
I am agree because in real situations, relationship outside shool between teachers and students had have a no expected results.

Manuelacastrillon
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Posts : 43
Join date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by marianatorresp on Thu 16 Apr - 20:25

In my opinion relationships with teachers outside school iare unnecessary because we live together almost everyday for almost all the year, so we don't need to have outside relationship, because everything has a place and relationships with teacher have to take place in school or college. It's better to keep this relationships on the bay, because it may provoke unnecessary problems.

marianatorresp
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by manuel11 on Sat 25 Apr - 10:29

AndresMaldonado9925 wrote:In my opinion having teachers as friends can affect the academic progress that a student has at school; moreover, teachers must be present as teachers and friends must be present as friends for a student. Teachers are far cry from friends of the same age. This relationship can be separate from the school; however, in some case the relationship can turn into another perspective. Most of the time, in a negatively.
This argument is not valid as general affair; therefore your guess is as good as mine because you don't know all the environments that this relationship can develop for a good perspective and in a positive way such as the friend of the son of the teacher.

manuel11
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Posts : 43
Join date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by gabrielaaguirre1 on Sat 25 Apr - 22:16

I believe that in some way it is nice to have a good relationship with your teachers, but every excess is bad. Have your teacher as a friend on Facebook is slightly awkward and weird. A student must have his own life, and that could be a mishap.

gabrielaaguirre1
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 32
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Santiago_Garcia on Sun 26 Apr - 17:00

I think that having relationships with teachers it's ok ,but having the on Facebook its nt ok. Teachers and sudents must have a distance on relationships that must be respected that is Student-Teacher
avatar
Santiago_Garcia
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Posts : 37
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Juanaolave on Sun 10 May - 18:00

juanitamendez27 wrote:Our academic life is far cry from our personal life. This is why I think it isn't Ok to have a teacher in Facebook or meeting a teacher outside school. I am not saying you can't have certain confidence with one or other teacher. But, I think being close friends with a teacher is not the best idea.
I agree with you, because having a relationship with teachers could bring unecessary problems; although, there could be a good company for students life, having teachers in Facebook is exposing students personal life and details.

Juanaolave
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by JoseRey99 on Thu 14 May - 9:16

I think that personal relationships and professional relationships are differents and that they can't be join.
It's not ethical and professional for people to have their students at Facebook these tell a lot of the kind of teacher a student have. And sometimes parents are not in favor about this.

JoseRey99
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 19
Location : Colombia

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by mariasaavedra on Sun 17 May - 14:06

In my opinion teachers and students should not be friends on Facebook, they have the right of having a personal life, talking about teachers and students. Yes, it is important to have a good communication with teachers at school on academic things and maybe you can achieve a relation with more details.
Concluding, I think that having a relation student-teacher should only be for academic things and have a limit.

mariasaavedra
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 33
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 18
Location : Bogota, Colombia

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by mariasaavedra on Sun 17 May - 14:11

Vale Gómez wrote:I think with everything in life you need limits. I think relationships with teacher are good, but you dont need to forget that they are a bigger authority and you need to take that into account when you want to have a relationship with your teachers.
I absolutely agree with you, I think everything in life has a limit, like the relation between student-teacher . It is very different to have a friend than to have a teacher; moreover I think than an athourity have to be respect and be treaten as I said.

mariasaavedra
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Posts : 33
Join date : 2015-04-14
Age : 18
Location : Bogota, Colombia

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by ramirosimon1989 on Mon 18 May - 14:52

sebastian melo wrote:I think this kind of relationship  are needed to be kept at bay, because they could be problematic and risky.

In school the relationship must be based on academic issues, so having this in mind I don't think necessary to have a personal relationship.
I am agree because this kinds of relations can be misinterpret by many reasons. So its better to not be friend in facebook with your teacher or go out with he or she.

ramirosimon1989
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Relationship with teachers?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum