Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we vote YES or NO?

+34
Alejandro Salamanca
9ADaniel_Acevedo99
lauramoscoso
luisfgonzalez
Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
Laura Algarra
9ACesarCrack
9AJulianFelipe
9Amaria.arango
juan.10412
MariaJoseOsorio25
9AUrbinaJuan
9AIvanGuerrero
9APaula
JuanFelipeDavila
Pablismo
Juan Diego Osso
Santiagoparada
Ana María
Saarangom
Sebastian Talero
nicothelegend9A
LauraVergara26
oscar.rojas
Maria Jose Gomez
juanfernando1209
SEDelgado
santiago.10945
Juan.manrique23
Megan Reátiga
Daniela Roldán
La Xime
carolinavm23
Admin
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should we vote YES or NO? Empty Should we vote YES or NO?

Post by Admin Wed 21 Sep - 11:10

Explain your reasons.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://insideout.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Should we vote YES or NO? Empty Re: Should we vote YES or NO?

Post by carolinavm23 Wed 21 Sep - 11:20

I think that we should vote NO because we simply cant forget all the terrorific and inhumane actions committed by FARC they killed thousands of people in our country, since little and innocent kids to grandparents, head of families, this is just insane so I think that the solution purpose by this plebisit is just silly and insufficient how can be possible that with our money they wil, receive lots of millions because they will stop killings, this is just stupid and I think that this punishment is not enough for the kind of criminal they are and I mean it will be just enequal for the people who suffered this war that the people who killed they family get money and no punishment and what is worse is that they will arrive to the politic of our country, and if yah happens finally destroy our poor country.

Last edited by carolinavm23 on Wed 21 Sep - 11:49; edited 1 time in total

carolinavm23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 21 Sep - 11:44

carolinavm23 wrote:I think that we should vote NO because we simply can forget all the terrorific and inhumane actions committed by FARC

Carolina, it's time to forgive. If we never forgive, we'll never have peace. It shouldn't be a personal vendetta against the FARC. Violence against violence is like punching a brick wall. Evil or Very Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://insideout.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by La Xime Thu 22 Sep - 9:08

We should vote NO, since it's illogical to say yes to a plebiscite that is not going to make justice. In the part of judges the idea is quite dumb, because if the "guerilleros" admit their crimes, they will have a freedom. When daily in Colombia are judges and the thief ends with a conviction of too many years. So why to vote yes when those terrorist have committed worts crime?
La Xime
La Xime
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniela Roldán Thu 22 Sep - 9:14

I Trink we should vote yes because we can never completely do justice for the crimes committed, but what we can do is try to move forward from it and make an effort so it never happens again and start constructing a peaceful country.

Daniela Roldán
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan Reátiga Thu 22 Sep - 9:15

I think voting Yes is the most logical answering. It's true that not every single person is going to jail, but at least the crimes will be confessed And the families of the victims will be able to know what happened to their loved ones. The kids who are Being held against their will in war are going to be liberated, and the kidnapped people too.
Megan Reátiga
Megan Reátiga
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan.manrique23 Thu 22 Sep - 9:19

It seem that the people that have post in this forum are kind of ignorants, the post conflict is a thing that we will have to live obligatory, so one day we wold have to face it. The peace process have the option of the the armed conflict, with just one vote we could end the murders of Colombian people or the violation of their right, for me that is very viable and it should be viable for everyone, and to finish we can kind of end the 52 years of death with this process.

Juan.manrique23

Back to top Go down

Post by santiago.10945 Thu 22 Sep - 9:23

Yes becouse we don't gain anything voting for the no, the ones who get most affected are the farmers who are in the rural zone, which is infair so it's good voting for yes,a step for the advancing of this country and stop living in the past.
santiago.10945
santiago.10945
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Should we vote YES or NO? Empty Are you victims or war?

Post by SEDelgado Mon 26 Sep - 12:44

Many of the Replies under this topic are related with forgiveness, and many of you have stated it is almost impossible to forgive FARC for all their in humane acts. How come some of you reach to say it is impossible to forgive when people that have been victims of this conflict do. As one Choco's human rights activist said to the ex-president Alvaro Uribe Velez: " The siblings of the rich men don't go to war" then how we that have not been victims talk about forgive. Voting for Yes is the best option, this will generate a change of mentality of foreigners towards the country and this will increase foreign investment.
SEDelgado
SEDelgado
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfernando1209 Mon 26 Sep - 12:45

From my point of vieweveryome has judge a book by its cover, with this I mean that we has judge FARC. Answering to the question I think that we should vote by NO, because I don't think that someone that is retired should not failed his or her 10% of his pension.
juanfernando1209
juanfernando1209
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Jose Gomez Mon 26 Sep - 12:53

I believe we should vote YES. There is a huge difference between forget and forgive. More than 50 years in war for a complete generation deserve a rest. Maybe not complete, but at least partial. One group less to fight with. If this decision turns to become positive, it is a "first step" to end this arduous conflict. It is clear, there could be many injustices, regarding to impunity, salary payments, or punishment terms, amongst others. However, there should be benefits for both parts or neither of them would´t accept. If the plebiscite wins for NO, the next step everyone will take is to hide again and resist while the war continues, and surely the armed forces will turn even stronger than before. This is not a decision to take lightly, because it is certainly skating on thin ice for both parts. But each part might have reasons for fight either for yes or for no.
Maria Jose Gomez
Maria Jose Gomez
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Mon 26 Sep - 12:53

I have to accept that I do not have enough age in first place to vote for anything.
I reckon and beg you recognize that we haven't read the actual agreement.
We all didn't live in the climax of war, so our views are subject to the press and propaganda. This applies for the vast majority, I guess.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar.rojas Mon 26 Sep - 12:54

I considered we should vote NO, we have witnessed all the horribleness FARC have done in the last 50 years in Colombia. We need to change our minds and look for peace, off course, but not giving the country to this murderers. Unfortunately we live in a such corrupt country that even if the NO wins, the YES will 'win' because of Santos.

oscar.rojas
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraVergara26 Mon 26 Sep - 13:28

You should vote NO because it is really unfair that people who had made so much damage to our country are now receiving the money of our taxes to create parties to lead our country. I continue thinking how could the president make this horrible decision? The worst thing you can think of is to vote yes for the plebiscito, let's think of the future generations and what kind of country and society we are creating for them. I invite you to read the whole document and take your own decision. Is it fair for our country? Evil or Very Mad
LauraVergara26
LauraVergara26
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AIvanGuerrero Mon 26 Sep - 13:34

Nobody in here has the right to vote if Yes or No because you not have the experience or dont know what the reality of war in Colombia has caused and how las Farc has affected not only us inderectly but the peasents are the ones that are affected most, not only the peasents but also the militaries are affected and i think non of us has read the plebiscite so no one no how really it would benefit or affect us
9AIvanGuerrero
9AIvanGuerrero
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by nicothelegend9A Mon 26 Sep - 13:36

Hypocresy has been seen throughout the years, why should people deny peace?. The only argument for voting no is the fact that they want more war. People just have to realize that grass is greener at the other side, the other side contains peace and love.
nicothelegend9A
nicothelegend9A
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastian Talero Mon 26 Sep - 13:37

juanfernando1209 wrote:From my point of vieweveryome has judge a book by its cover, with this I mean that we has judge FARC. Answering to the question I think that we should vote by NO, because I don't think that  someone that is retired should not failed his or her 10% of his pension.
Juan fernando sometimes we must learn how to forgive only in that way we will be a country in peace

Sebastian Talero

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Mon 26 Sep - 17:47

9AIvanElChiguirito wrote:Nobody in here has the right to vote if Yes or No because you not have the experience or dont know what the reality of war in Colombia has caused and how las Farc has affected not only us inderectly but the peasents are the ones that are affected most, not only the peasents but also the militaries  are affected and i think non of us has read the plebiscite so no one no how really it would benefit or affect us
}

In the same neutral vision, I agree with you. Even if we could vote, the realities we face are almost perfect so we have nothing really serious to complain about in this topic. It is understandable that revenge is "sweet" but only to the one who is worthy to take revenge. In this scheme, I would also agree the peasants vote for NO as it is their own right to do this.

For those students in this specific forum that go for YES, I wouldn´t disagree with them either because they are also free to choose whatever pleases them more. But I would suggest them to properly read various sources of information and not be fooled by certain reporters.

And, of course, peace is better than war theoretically. The context shall tell us what is right. Anyways, I declare myself neutral.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana María Mon 26 Sep - 18:55

I think we all should vote YES. I understand the pain, suffering and agony the victims of this 52 year conflict had to live, however this must not be an excuse to let it go. If we support the dialogues between FARC and the government we reduce the amount of horribles crimes may be commit in a brief future.

Ana María

Back to top Go down

Should we vote YES or NO? Empty Respect is first

Post by Santiagoparada Tue 27 Sep - 9:09

nicothelegend9A wrote:Hypocresy has been seen throughout the years, why should people deny peace?. The only argument for voting no is the fact that they want more war. People just have to realize that grass is greener at the other side, the other side contains peace and love.

Sorry but that is a poor statement... In Colombia nobody wants war not even the politicians who promote the NO! The ones who promote the NO just believe that they may be a different kind of way to make a peace process, the fact that many of the members of FARC have thousands of dollars hided would make them the reaches political party in the country. Is that fair ?  At least for me it isn't . If you are caught between two stools consider the fact that promoting the YES or the NO is alright because we are in a country of free expression... So the respect is something you should have on mind.

Santiagoparada
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Diego Osso Tue 27 Sep - 9:20

carolinavm23 wrote:I think that we should vote NO because we simply cant forget all the terrorific and inhumane actions committed by FARC they killed thousands of people in our country, since little and innocent kids to grandparents, head of families, this is just insane so I think that the solution purpose by this plebisit is just silly and insufficient how can be possible that with our money they wil, receive lots of millions because they will stop killings, this is just stupid and I think that this punishment is not enough for the kind of criminal they are and I mean it will be just enequal for the people who suffered this war that the people who killed they family get money and no punishment and what is worse is that they will arrive to the politic of our country, and if yah happens finally destroy our poor country.

I think this is incoherent because voting NO for peace is voting NO for Colombians evolution. Is time to forgive, to move on, to be concious! Las Farc people are going to have max 20 years of jail if they say the true but take into account that if they lie in this process they are going to receive a lot more years. Although I think this peace process is very equal because hopefully international entities are going to be paying attention for all the steps of this process like the United Nations and the European Union that also said with US that they will only take off the terrorist list if they accomplish honestly their part of the agreements. When I said that voting NO is like voting against Colombian evolution because you have to take into account that in 2016 after many years is the first time Colombia government can afford more money to education than on war.
Juan Diego Osso
Juan Diego Osso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Pablismo Tue 27 Sep - 9:23

LauraVergara26 wrote:You should vote NO because it is really unfair that people who had made so much damage to our country are now receiving the money of our taxes to create parties to lead our country. I continue thinking how could the president make this horrible decision? The worst thing you can think of is to vote yes for the plebiscito, let's think of the future generations and what kind of country and society we are creating for them. I invite you to read the whole document and take your own decision. Is it fair for our country? Evil or Very Mad

I strongly disagree with you Laura, due to the fact that even though they have damaged the country during a long time, they deserve a second opportunity to fix the damage, to make things right, plus, not everyone are in the FARC because they want to, but they were forced to, meaning both sides "have been damaged"; in conclusion, we dont have to judge their book by its cover, it is better a future with politic discussions thatn a future with armed discussions.
PabloCastro 9C

Pablismo
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanFelipeDavila Tue 27 Sep - 9:28

I think that the only acceptable answer will be the "YES" option, due to it is illogic saying no to peace. If you were a direct victim of the armed conflict you should give yourself the chance to forgive and avoid you, your family and other families having those kind of situations on the future. Although, it is a fact that the majority of the people who vote NO judge the peace agreements by its cover and are judging them without even knowing what agreements are in them.
JuanFelipeDavila
JuanFelipeDavila
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Should we vote YES or NO? Empty Should we vote YES or NO?

Post by 9APaula Tue 27 Sep - 12:25

This topic is a hot potato with a lot of opinions and arguments. Looking at some previous posts I could see how weak some "arguments" are. It is not only about forgiveness neither the money they will pay them. This is a unique opportunity we are having to make a better country not only for us but for future generations. A lot of the things that are present in the agreement are things our country really need, for example the fact of giving back the land to the original owners. We are humans, we all make mistakes but that is part of life, and the first step is already done. Now it depends of us if we take this unique opportunity of making a better country or we just return to war and continue in the same situation with all the victims.
Just think, will you like your future sons and daughter go to war? Personally I don't want that for me or my family.
9APaula
9APaula
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AIvanGuerrero Tue 27 Sep - 12:25

I think that the only people that can vote for the plebiscit are the ones who read the 297 pages of what the plebiscite will do because by this they will know what they are gainig and what they are loosing, I wouldn't vote because the simple reason that I dont know really what I am wining or loosing and because we are no just talking about the economy of Colombia or the inflation but about the human lives that are affected really like the farmers or the militaries and nit just the militaries but also the families of them, I have a partner wich her parents are militaries and I consider them and know what the worriying in their lives mean, just thinking that their parents or family are in danger or can be shoot only because the conflict we live in for almost 20 years so the real people that have to decide are them and the ones who really know what the plebsicte is not just read a summary and vote, but vote responsable. I would vote Yes in the case I said previously if I read and kniw all the plebsicit in that case I would but at the same time I can vote No because I dont agree with some things of the plebiscit this will come a more personal opinion and vision.
9AIvanGuerrero
9AIvanGuerrero
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next