Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of music do you enjoy listening?

+10
IsabellaGarciaG
juanfeCISF
Ruiz12
lauramoscoso
santiago.10945
Laura Algarra
sofiamoreno
9ASusana
Saarangom
9Amaria.arango
14 posters

Go down

What type of music do you enjoy listening? Empty What type of music do you enjoy listening?

Post by 9Amaria.arango Mon 26 Sep - 13:33

Hi friends of ninth grade, I'd like to know what music do you hear and why do you like it and also in what spaces do you hear music and how often Laughing Laughing afro geek
9Amaria.arango
9Amaria.arango
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

What type of music do you enjoy listening? Empty Re: What type of music do you enjoy listening?

Post by Saarangom Mon 26 Sep - 18:54

I listen to Progressive Rock specially. These includes famous bands like Pink Floyd or Yes but it also includes those you probably haven´t heard of like King Crimson, Genesis, Rush, Alan Parsons Project. It is important to note that there have been certain bands that have fitted into the genre by coming and going.
What is so special about this genre for me is the fact that it involves uncommon and sometimes weird musical rhythms, scales, chords, intricacies and many other things which are interesting to break down. This genre is not for everyone and even I admit that it can be hard to listen to in group. I consider you end up smarter by listening to this. The feeling of understanding rhythms that others can´t understand even if they listened to the song 15 times is great, it resembles superiority. Don´t get me wrong, but beating someone in something always feels good, specially when the defeated are convinced that they know more or that theirs is better than yours.
You need to know a bit of music theory in order to appreciate it. Other ways of liking it is to have that inner musical talent which lets you understand.
Songs can be a bit longer than pop songs. There are 20 minute epics or albums which are meant to be listened to a as whole, unlike the normal Single format in music industry.
All of this complexity doesn´t erase the possibility of making ballads or love songs. It´s only that the musicians that do this are worried about artistic value and thus dig deeper into other themes.
You can write a prog rock song about the intelligence displayed in animals and a story of how they discover another world for example, though that example might be too silly for the context in general.
I listen to this music everyday and I never get bored. Don´t think it´s the only genre I listen to.
This music is worth talking a lot and you could keep me talking for hours about it.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

What type of music do you enjoy listening? Empty Music

Post by 9ASusana Tue 27 Sep - 12:49

maria.arango3 wrote:Hi friends of ninth grade, I'd like to know what music do you hear and why do you like it and also in what spaces do you hear music and how often Laughing Laughing afro geek

I really like listening to reggaeton; even it is kind of ordinary and crude, I consider it very amused because of its rhythm, specially the one from old reggaeton. I also like pop, since it varies greatly in each singer and is really addictive listening to it. I am not fan of listening to lots of genres, but I like most of them. Listening to music is an every day hobbie, in the bus, while taking a shower, before going to sleep, while doing homework, in the car and at every time of the day. There is no something better than listening to a good song when you are feeling happy. Everyone has a different opinion about this, so the ball is in your court! lol!
9ASusana
9ASusana
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

What type of music do you enjoy listening? Empty Re: What type of music do you enjoy listening?

Post by sofiamoreno Tue 27 Sep - 18:52

My favorite type of music is the electronic , is very different from the others and i love listening to it at any moment , when you hear that kind of music is like going to another planet. Some people think this music is terrible without listening to it but you can't judge a book by its cover.
sofiamoreno
sofiamoreno
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Tue 27 Sep - 20:10

I like many types of music from old ones to recent ones, I might listen to Diomedes Diaz as well as I might listen something a far cry from, like Fifth Harmony. I must say I have a preference on electronic and somehow pop music due to the fact that they can make my day better by improving my mood, it's something magic since, in my opinion, it is awesome how a melody, voices and the right rhythm can change your state even if it's in a negative or a positive way. The influence of music in our brains is way interesting than criticizing some kind of music, it is not about what you hear but how it makes you feel.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by santiago.10945 Tue 27 Sep - 20:16

I enjoy listening to the one and only God Kanye, he is such an amazing artist, he has the biggest talent the industry has had in a lot of time, also asap rocky and his references to the beautiful purple syrup is awesome.
santiago.10945
santiago.10945
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lauramoscoso Tue 27 Sep - 20:53

maria.arango3 wrote:Hi friends of ninth grade, I'd like to know what music do you hear and why do you like it and also in what spaces do you hear music and how often Laughing Laughing afro geek

I enjoy listening any kind of music, I usually have a playlist that has my favorite songs at the moment and they can go through reggaeton, pop, rock, rock in Spanish , EDM or any kind of music. I like to listen music any chance I get, in the shower, in the bus, while doing homework or while working out. I personally believe music is a must in a persons life.

lauramoscoso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruiz12 Mon 3 Oct - 18:43

sofiamoreno wrote:My favorite type of music is the electronic , is very different from the others and i love listening to it at any moment , when you hear that kind of music is like going to another planet. Some people think this music is terrible without listening to it but you can't judge a book by its cover.

I also love electronic music, my favourites genders are dupstep and house both are kind of opposites but they are the best of both worlds there are rhythms for each one of you're moods. I love the idea of your heart beats connecting simultaneously with the beats per minute in the song. Also this kind of new gender called "Zapateo" Cool it's pretty funny to dance.
Ruiz12
Ruiz12
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfeCISF Mon 3 Oct - 20:03

9Amaria.arango wrote:Hi friends of ninth grade, I'd like to know what music do you hear and why do you like it and also in what spaces do you hear music and how often Laughing Laughing afro geek
Hey Camila, I love hearing electro house and i would say this is the musical gender that i hear the most. also i like Morat which is Pop-Country.
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellaGarciaG Mon 3 Oct - 20:43

9ASusana wrote:

I really like listening to reggaeton; even it is kind of ordinary and crude, I consider it very amused because of its rhythm, specially the one from old reggaeton. I also like pop, since it varies greatly in each singer and is really addictive listening to it. I am not fan of listening to lots of genres, but I like most of them. Listening to music is an every day hobbie, in the bus, while taking a shower, before going to sleep, while doing homework, in the car and at every time of the day. There is no something better than listening to a good song when you are feeling happy. Everyone has a different opinion about this, so the ball is in your court! lol!

As susana the music I like to listen the most is reggaeton, I consider it has a sticky rythm and I like its lyrics eventhough some people consider it rude or male chauvinist I consider it as any other type of music but with some more explicit messages. As Susana said, listening to music is an everyday activity and more often than what you imagine, in home, in the bus, in the school, everywhere I've got the chance I listen to music specialy to reggaeton drunken drunken
IsabellaGarciaG
IsabellaGarciaG
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan Reátiga Wed 5 Oct - 20:07

I enjoy a lot of music generes. Music is the way to express how you feel about anything (usually), and some artist do it in such a way that you are able to feel the joy or their pain. Or sometimes you just get completely amuzed by hearing a complex piece of an instrument. I like:
Ska
Rock
Punk
Metal
Grunge
Classic Music
Blues
Jazz....
Megan Reátiga
Megan Reátiga
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by La Xime Wed 5 Oct - 20:31

Music is quite important in our lives and the variety of it his huge. i enjoyed listening to : Alternative Rock, Rock, Punk, Classic Rock, Electronic, Pop Rock. Between this are the bands: Green day, Blink 182, The All-American Rejects, Aerosmith, Guns N´Roses, Bon Jovi, The 1975 and more.
La Xime
La Xime
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by OpTc Felipe Díaz Wed 5 Oct - 21:19

I enjoy music like vallenato and some other like reggae, specially from cultura profetica
OpTc Felipe Díaz
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 9BJuanitaGutierrez Sun 23 Oct - 22:10

I love a lot of types of music like reggaeton, electonic, popular music, trap, pop, etc. And I hear it every time I can because it relax me.
9BJuanitaGutierrez
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down