Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do students cheat in evaluations and homework?

+11
Maria Paula
Megan Reátiga
IsabellaGarciaG
EmilyArias99
Nataliaalfonso0
9AUrbinaJuan
LauraCastaneda99
Laura Algarra
LauraVergara26
9APaula
9ASusana
15 posters

Go down

Why do students cheat in evaluations and homework? Empty Why do students cheat in evaluations and homework?

Post by 9ASusana Wed 5 Oct - 12:16

I believe some students do this because of a simple reason: school takes more into account academic aspects than the student itself. I want you not to beat about, and tell me the reasons why you think this cheating thing happens.
9ASusana
9ASusana
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Why do students cheat in evaluations and homework? Empty Re: Why do students cheat in evaluations and homework?

Post by 9APaula Wed 5 Oct - 12:22

I think that students cheat in homeworks and exams not because they don't know neither because they are no capable of answering. For me students cheat because they see schools only in grades, they do not realize that schools is an opportunity for learning not only in academic topics but also to learn how to be a better person. Students cheat because they want to pass the subject instead of trying to learn something of what the teacher is trying to say.
9APaula
9APaula
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Why do students cheat in evaluations and homework? Empty Re: Why do students cheat in evaluations and homework?

Post by LauraVergara26 Wed 5 Oct - 12:31

Students cheat for many reason it may be because they think they are not capable of answering the question, or because they feel it is the only way to get good grades. Students cheat because they feel insecure of themselves. They do this because they don't understand that is so much better to be a person with character, a person honest and you can trust. So, I invite everyone to think about their actions and try to have more confidence with themselves.
LauraVergara26
LauraVergara26
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Wed 5 Oct - 12:43

Schools nowadays are focusing more in their students academic results rather than in their moral or the fact that, maybe, they have learned something besides getting a bad grade. In my opinion, students cheat in evaluations and homework since they need to improve their average be getting higher grades and avoid failing the school year. They cheat due to the fact that they don't understand what the we are being asked for and because they need higher grades, that's the truth. With grades greater than 75 they will conform just to prevent failing and their parents talk about improving their development in school.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraCastaneda99 Wed 5 Oct - 21:07

I think that student tempt to cheat in exams because, the school pay to much attention to grades, more than what the student is actully learning.
The student star thinking that whats important is the number and not the knowledge.
LauraCastaneda99
LauraCastaneda99
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AUrbinaJuan Wed 5 Oct - 22:42

For me, there are 2 reasons for cheating, being lazy or dumb, but dumb in the way that you can answer something by yoursleve but you do not want, it is not a matter of knowing or not, everybody is capable of doing whaatever they want, but the only limit we have as humans is ourselves, our own thoughts and desicions may affect us for the rest of your life.

9AUrbinaJuan
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliaalfonso0 Wed 5 Oct - 23:24

Students cheat on evaluations because of three main reasons:
1. They are LAZY and they didn´t do the homework so they don´t know about the topic
2. They train very hard everyday (boxing, football, volleyball) so they have no time to study
3. They don´t remember how was it
And all this reasons show that the school is encouraging students to worry about the grade and not the learning part
Nataliaalfonso0
Nataliaalfonso0
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilyArias99 Thu 20 Oct - 20:56

Maybe because we think school has got us to think that a grade is everything.
Because we are not confident about ourselves
we are lazy
EmilyArias99
EmilyArias99
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellaGarciaG Fri 21 Oct - 9:34

I think students cheat in evaluation and homework because there is more than what they can handle, there are so many homework they can't deal with all of them at the time and they feel desperate in evaluations because of the fear they might not pass. I feel there weren't that many works to do maybe they could finish them all and in an honest way without the need of cheating.
IsabellaGarciaG
IsabellaGarciaG
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan Reátiga Fri 21 Oct - 20:55

The school is only interested in the academic results of the students and not in their moral integrity. This means that at this point, a number in a sheet of paper is way more important than the learning itself.
The preassure that is applied to students is ridiculous!!!
We don't care about education anymore. Now, we only care about passing the exams or the evaluuations, and it doesn't matter what it takes.
Megan Reátiga
Megan Reátiga
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Paula Sun 23 Oct - 10:14

This topic is a hot potato between teachers and students. The reason is that students cheat on evaluations and homework because students don't care about learning, but of the grades. Students prefer cheating instead of having a bad grade. And this problem starts in schools because in here they teach us in an indirect way that the only thing that matters is having good grades

Maria Paula
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9Amaria.arango Sun 23 Oct - 16:55

Because unfortunatley school values more a grade than your actually capacities. Sometimes students see they can't do it but if they have a good note that's what matters. This is very wrong because that turns mediocre students and they start growing like that. Schools must begin to asses and take into account the effort kids are doing to.
9Amaria.arango
9Amaria.arango
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by 9Amaria.arango Sun 23 Oct - 17:14

''When students cheat on exams it's because our School System values grades more than students learning''
-Neil deGrasse Tyson
9Amaria.arango
9Amaria.arango
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielaACookies9A Sun 23 Oct - 21:36

9APaula wrote:I think that students cheat in homeworks and exams not because they don't know neither because they are no capable of answering. For me students cheat because they see schools only in grades, they do not realize that schools is an opportunity for learning not only in academic topics but also to learn how to be a better person. Students cheat because they want to pass the subject instead of trying to learn something of what the teacher is trying to say.

I totally agree with you, school pays too muvh attention to grades, so you have to pass, and toy take the easy path, also, in hw, as there are too much hw, you will not end, so you copy the hw to reach all the ones that you had in orer to evoid a 0. There are lazy students that copy EVERYTHING and can`t think by therselves, but others jus forget somethinf and ask their friends a question, or other do not understand the topic, and so own.

DanielaACookies9A
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by 9BJuanitaGutierrez Sun 23 Oct - 23:17

Because it is the easier way to pass something that doesn't interest you, because if it does you would study and work hard.
9BJuanitaGutierrez
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariagarcia Mon 2 Oct - 8:08

I think that students cheat in their tests, because know for us passing is way more important than actually learning thanks to the schools sistems that are based on a grade

Mariagarcia
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down