Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is homework really necessary ?

+27
NataliaDuarte
Nataliaalfonso0
Juan Sebastián Peña 17
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Juan Andres Cortes
DanielaACookies9A
Antonia Sanint
Daniel Melo
9AIvanGuerrero
CamilaBaez9A
9AUrbinaJuan
sofiamoreno
lauramoscoso
Santiagoparada
Valeconstain
Gtortoretto
OpTc Felipe Díaz
9ASebasFenixDeLosIngenios
Juanzapata31
Daniela.Monsalve
Juanestebanjunco
LauraVergara26
Laura Algarra
Ruiz12
mateo.infante
Kevin Santana
Marianamonroy00
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is homework really necessary ?  Empty Is homework really necessary ?

Post by Marianamonroy00 Tue 4 Oct - 17:01

school believes that Homework is necessary to improve our knowledge but is it really necessary? Or is it just a waste of our time and rest?
Marianamonroy00
Marianamonroy00
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is homework really necessary ?  Empty Re: Is homework really necessary ?

Post by Kevin Santana Tue 4 Oct - 21:10

Marianamonroy00 wrote:school believes that Homework is necessary to improve our knowledge but is it really necessary? Or is it just a waste of our time and rest?

H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K
Half
Of
My
Energy
Wasted
On
Random
Knowledge
Evil or Very Mad

Kevin Santana
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by mateo.infante Tue 4 Oct - 22:04

I believe that homework is not neccesary in every stage of school, because the reason we go to school is for learning and not going for coming home and continue working after 8 hours in school.

mateo.infante
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Marianamonroy00 Wed 5 Oct - 0:08

mateo.infante wrote:I believe that homework is not neccesary in every stage of school, because the reason we go to school is for learning and not going for coming home and continue working after 8 hours in school.
I totally agree with you! teenagers need to rest after eight hours of hard work. In addition I consider that the most of us take to do homework can be better managed or have a better use with practicing sports , adquiring artistic skill or simply bond in family.
Marianamonroy00
Marianamonroy00
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruiz12 Wed 5 Oct - 9:33

I believe that in own school on of the best of the country we don't need that much homework and that is because we do so much during the day that we just hope to get home for resting and the homework just keep us far from that hope. Also I think that this doesn't work because a huge amount of people just copy them so they could be just deleted you wouldn't notice the difference in knowledge
Ruiz12
Ruiz12
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Wed 5 Oct - 9:49

Homework is important but neither in extremely big amounts nor mediocre ones. We need them to reinforce what we have learned in class, most of the students may not understand what the teacher said in the school day but understand the homework and that helps them to study and, consequently, get better results in exams, quizzes and class works. Though most of us don't like doing homework, we have to and we should do it (at least the useful ones).
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraVergara26 Wed 5 Oct - 12:42

9ALauraAlgarra wrote:Homework is important but neither in extremely big amounts nor mediocre ones. We need them to reinforce what we have learned in class, most of the students may not understand what the teacher said in the school day but understand the homework and that helps them to study and, consequently, get better results in exams, quizzes and class works. Though most of us don't like doing homework, we have to and we should do it (at least the useful ones).

I agree with you Laura because for example Algebra, you cannot learn Algebra without practice, this kind of homework is really necessary. But, on the other hand, school should leave us homework that we can manage, but sometimes I fell asleep at 2:00 am finishing it, and that is not fair.
LauraVergara26
LauraVergara26
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanestebanjunco Wed 5 Oct - 18:30

Homework is in did necesary for the knowlage, it creates a sense of responsability in the student, something very important taht would be usefull in the future when you need to deliver an especific work or reaserch to a company or applaing for a job. In the other hand is the great help that is for estudents, because if you did not undertand one of the topics, byethe homework you can practice it and be a comple expert on it, what they say is true: "THE PRACTICE MAKE THE MASTER", but relax, if you do not do them the worst thing that could happen is to be an employee the rest of your life Wink

Juanestebanjunco
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniela.Monsalve Wed 5 Oct - 19:15

In my opinion homework is necesary, because you should practice what you learn during the day, but also, it should be really short or simple, because we all know that we work pretty hard at school, and home is supposed to be the place where you can relax and do nothing, when is typically it isn´t that way, so homework is not bad but when it is long and annoying it is innecesary.

Daniela.Monsalve
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Is homework really necessary ?  Empty Homework is not neccesary

Post by Juanzapata31 Wed 5 Oct - 20:09

mateo.infante wrote:I believe that homework is not neccesary in every stage of school, because the reason we go to school is for learning and not going for coming home and continue working after 8 hours in school.
I agree with you, in my opinion it is not fair to arrive home and continue with the school routine, because as you said, are 8 hours!!!, in adittion, homework must be optional, for example, if I have excellent marks in geometry, for me the homework is not neccesary as for other may be, homework must be and adittional option for studing.
Juanzapata31
Juanzapata31
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 9ASebasFenixDeLosIngenios Wed 5 Oct - 20:14

I believe that homework doesn't have to be mandatory if the student is willing to make study guides and homework by hiself in order to upgrade grades it is perfect. However in my case I do not have enough time to make all the assignments school gives as I train in school almost everyday ; therefore , i don't hace enough time to rest , train and accomplish school tasks.
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by OpTc Felipe Díaz Wed 5 Oct - 20:49

I think that yes because with homework you will practice the different things that hpyou have learned in class
OpTc Felipe Díaz
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Wed 5 Oct - 20:59

I think homework is a very important way of practicing. Most of the students don't like or think it is a waste of time, they are completely wrong. Homework is very important and useful since it make you practice what you've done in the class to prepare you to future tests. Another great function of homework is to help you figure out what you aren't understanding and ask for teacher help.
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valeconstain Wed 5 Oct - 21:18

I think homerwork is necessary for our development in academic aspects and for practicing what we have learned during the day, but I also think it is important that we as teenagers get some rest, practice any sport, do excercise or anything else than studying and excess of homework limit our possibilities of doing this, eventhough practice makes a master this should be controlled so that we can do any other types of things in our free time which is normally a little time, to do other stuff like practicing an sport, learning another idiom or also developing our habilities in things as music, dance or anything we are good at.
Valeconstain
Valeconstain
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiagoparada Wed 5 Oct - 21:30

I believe homework is important and fundamental for the development of a student. The homework make us practice the different kind of topics we see In class, reworking whatever issue you may have got in class. Sadly many times the teachers are not fair and leave tons of homework making that the objective of it actually damage. So is fundamental that the Homework can be more limited and that it can be changed in occasions where you may got a soccer game, a UN model or have a family issue so that you can actually take advantage of your homework without worrying of not doing other things.

Santiagoparada
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by lauramoscoso Wed 5 Oct - 21:38

I think homework is necessary but only in certain subjects that are more about practicing something like Algebra or Geometry, other subjects can develop work at schools making it more easy to understand by students and easier to grade by teachers.

lauramoscoso
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by sofiamoreno Wed 5 Oct - 22:16

I think homework is the most unnecessary thing on the world. It only makes us waste time and energy. We don't really learn making them because we can copy and paste everything from internet or we can easily just copy it from a friend . Many few people do the homework's in a correct way.
sofiamoreno
sofiamoreno
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AUrbinaJuan Wed 5 Oct - 22:24

For this answer we can take as an example Finland, wich was one of the best education systems in the world, and one of their methods is leaving homework that would only take 10 minutes to do, the fact is that some people may need to beef up with homework but it is not necessary for all the people everyday.

9AUrbinaJuan
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by CamilaBaez9A Wed 5 Oct - 23:48

I consider there are some classes that obviously need to have homework because you need to practice , but others that do not really need it and they live it for giving students more work.

CamilaBaez9A
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AIvanGuerrero Sat 22 Oct - 14:57

I think homework its neccesary in our lives because it hel us oractuce what we saw in the classes and this made us not to forget, it also oractice grammar, spelling and many other aspects that teacher take into accoun, I know many people criticize them but they dont know the good they do to us and when they arrive to university they will see what is the worst in their lives because they never conform with school homework and be always mediocre.
9AIvanGuerrero
9AIvanGuerrero
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9AIvanGuerrero Sat 22 Oct - 14:59

CamilaBaez9A wrote:I consider there are some classes that obviously need to have homework because you need to practice , but others that do not really need it and they live it for giving students more work.
I support you point of view because not every calss need homework, I think the ones who need them are algebra and spanish because you need to enforce what you see so you dont forget and can do good in things like exams and workshops or if you think more longer in university in your carrer you will always need reading and maths so this wikl prepare you for there.
9AIvanGuerrero
9AIvanGuerrero
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Melo Sun 23 Oct - 12:41

I agree that homeworks are necessary for students to practice the topics learned at school and to strengthen abilities. The problem comes when those homeworks take a lot of time, in that way, this piece of work is not teaching anything to students, they are only generating boring and nuisance to school.

Daniel Melo
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonia Sanint Sun 23 Oct - 18:33

Some reasons why homework is not necessary is because kids already have 7 hours of school, and come home exhausted. Getting sun and excercise is crucial for kid´s health and well growth, that´s why after school hours should be spend in other activities, sharing and having social and family life.
After school is the time for developing hobbies and personal past times...

Antonia Sanint
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonia Sanint Sun 23 Oct - 18:33

Some reasons why homework is not necessary is because kids already have 7 hours of school, and come home exhausted. Getting sun and excercise is crucial for kid´s health and well growth, that´s why after school hours should be spend in other activities, sharing and having social and family life.

Antonia Sanint
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonia Sanint Sun 23 Oct - 18:34

Antonia Sanint
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next