Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is homework really necessary ?

+27
NataliaDuarte
Nataliaalfonso0
Juan Sebastián Peña 17
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Juan Andres Cortes
DanielaACookies9A
Antonia Sanint
Daniel Melo
9AIvanGuerrero
CamilaBaez9A
9AUrbinaJuan
sofiamoreno
lauramoscoso
Santiagoparada
Valeconstain
Gtortoretto
OpTc Felipe Díaz
9ASebasFenixDeLosIngenios
Juanzapata31
Daniela.Monsalve
Juanestebanjunco
LauraVergara26
Laura Algarra
Ruiz12
mateo.infante
Kevin Santana
Marianamonroy00
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is homework really necessary ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is homework really necessary ?

Post by Antonia Sanint Sun 23 Oct - 18:35

Some reasons why homework is not necessary is because kids already have 7 hours of school, and come home exhausted. Getting sun and excercise is crucial for kid´s health and well growth, that´s why after school hours should be spend in other activities, sharing and having social and family life.
After school is the time for developing hobbies and personal past times...

Antonia Sanint
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is homework really necessary ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is homework really necessary ?

Post by OpTc Felipe Díaz Sun 23 Oct - 21:38

I think that the only homework that is needed is math, the other ones are a waste of time in the future, it is exhaustive. Scientist say that the excess of homework is bad for the health.
OpTc Felipe Díaz
OpTc Felipe Díaz
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielaACookies9A Sun 23 Oct - 21:42

I think that hw is something that a person who don`t have activities after school, invented them. Hw is necessar like in algebra and that is it, because this is a subject you can be good at practicing, but the other subjects, no. Schools don`t take into account that we have study like 7 hours, and we arrive to our house wanting to do exercise, or our hobbies, or spending time with friends and family because saturday and sunday are not enough, or we just want to sleep, we are teenagers that just want to live life, I believe that if we have studied all the day. 5 days of 7, is fair to have afternoons free, or at least 1 hw.

DanielaACookies9A
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Andres Cortes Sun 23 Oct - 21:53

I think homework is something that help us to understand and to not have doubts but we were teaches to hate homework also many and extensive homework make students to hate it , if homework is so extensive it will not give tiem students to have their own life and if you ask a student what will do is to have their lifes and do something for them;however, homework is to help the student it may be optional to every student that want to reinforce it doubts.
Juan Andres Cortes
Juan Andres Cortes
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by 9BJuanitaGutierrez Sun 23 Oct - 22:24

I think that homework helps you practice the topics seen in class, but they stress us a lot so they should be optional, and only the persons that have dificulties with the class should do them to reforce.
9BJuanitaGutierrez
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan Sebastián Peña 17 Sun 23 Oct - 23:40

I don't know if it useful or not, but in Finland (one of the countries with the best school educations in the world) homework in unexistant and look where they are know. Facts not opinions.
Juan Sebastián Peña 17
Juan Sebastián Peña 17
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Is homework really necessary ?  - Page 2 Empty It is necessary in a short amount

Post by Nataliaalfonso0 Mon 24 Oct - 0:42

Marianamonroy00 wrote:school believes that Homework is necessary to improve our knowledge but is it really necessary? Or is it just a waste of our time and rest?

I think homework is important for reforsing what you learn in class... however a good way of making it fair is to do homework as you think it is necessary for you, we are too old to be autonomous and take our own decisions, the ones that didn't learn in class should make more homework that the ones who paid attention and took notes
Nataliaalfonso0
Nataliaalfonso0
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NataliaDuarte Tue 19 Sep - 10:00

Homework should be demanded for certain topics for practice such as Algebra, or geometry, which are subjects that need lots of practice.

NataliaDuarte
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Laverde1 Tue 19 Sep - 10:06

Marianamonroy00 wrote:school believes that Homework is necessary to improve our knowledge but is it really necessary? Or is it just a waste of our time and rest?
I think some homework is really necessary for your learning process. It helps you train yourself in some topics, like in Algebra. By doing exercises you start to see what you have to improve and the doubts you start to have. bounce

Laverde1
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Is homework really necessary ?  - Page 2 Empty Homework IS important

Post by Sofía Rosso Wed 20 Sep - 10:38

mateo.infante wrote:I believe that homework is not neccesary in every stage of school, because the reason we go to school is for learning and not going for coming home and continue working after 8 hours in school.

I totally disagree with you Mateo, homeworks are necessary in our school life. They prepare us for evaluations and help us practice; it's the tool with which we learn. If you don't do homeworks how you gonna undertstand the subject, I remind you that the teacher isn't always going to be there to solve your doubts. It's not enough with the explanation in class and it's the best way for the teachers to know if we really are understanding the topic; homework is your friend, your mates, not you enemies and they are not made for make you fail, but the ball is in your court. You can't put off homeworks just like that in addition all your life you are going to be surrounded by homeworks, maybe not for school but for your work. Are you going to let unfinished homework ruin your life?.

Sofía Rosso
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by JulianCamargo Thu 21 Sep - 12:04

9ASebasFenixDeLosIngenios wrote:I believe that homework doesn't have to be mandatory if the student is willing to make study guides and homework by hiself in order to upgrade grades it is perfect. However in my case I do not have enough time to make all the assignments school gives as I train in school almost everyday ; therefore , i don't hace enough time to rest , train and accomplish school tasks.

I agree with have been told here, because I don’t really think homework should be necessary, because we go to school and what we do in school is study and we don’t need to go and send more work and things that we can’t finish there in school, to go and finish them in our houses. School priority it’s to teach us and to learn what they told us, no to go and teachers talking all day and after that living homework that students can copy it and only presenting for having a good grade,but without learning nothing about it. That’s why school need to change their teaching and academic systems. I’m also agree with saying that homework’s should be optional to the students, if an student wants to learn it would do it, but a student that don’t want to learn and only copy it and pass the year with good grades,but without learning nothing it won’t function.Homework help practice the school topics, and make students reinforce what they have done in school, but if a kid is good in something and doesn’t need to practice why should he need to waste time and energy that can be use in other things more productive? or be resting after having eight hours of school, and no getting home and keep on working. I think having optional homework is the best idea to make student be more conscious of their work in the school, and to make them realize why is important to study and to learn and not only to pass the year. And will also teach them a lot how really life works and how do the real world is, being responsable and more conscious of the thinks do in their rest of the life’s. Having the feet in the earth
JulianCamargo
JulianCamargo
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielCalderon Thu 21 Sep - 12:09

9AIvanGuerrero wrote:I think homework its neccesary in our lives because it hel us oractuce what we saw in the classes and this made us not to forget, it also oractice grammar, spelling and many other aspects that teacher take into accoun, I know many people criticize them but they dont know the good they do to us and when they arrive to university they will see what is the worst in their lives because they never conform with school homework and be always mediocre.

I totally agree with this position, homework also help us to reinforce and practice the topic homework is about. Instead of bone up on studying for an evaluation, you can do a homework reviewing all the themes that evaluarion contain and kill two birds with one stone. Finally homework can help you to recognize and reinforce if you have any weakness in the topic the homework is reviewing, for me; the homework is necesary for many aspects of your school Cool Cool Cool

DanielCalderon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2