Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Students not forced to do homework

+2
juanjose10
Manuelacastrillon
6 posters

Go down

Students not forced to do homework Empty Students not forced to do homework

Post by Manuelacastrillon Wed 21 Oct - 9:09

I believe students should not be forced to do homework. Unfortunately, the actual educational system beliefs that students may do homework just because it's a rule of schools. We most recognised that this topic is a hot potato, but it is important to mention it and know different points of view. One of the reasons in which I believe that students can't be forced to do homework, is that pupils expend to much time at school with a heavy schedule, for arriving home very tired to do homework. On the other hand, we can't deny that some homework doesn't have a purpose to teach or make students review an especific topic. It is in this point that I reckon that students must not be forced to do homework.

Manuelacastrillon
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Students not forced to do homework Empty Re: Students not forced to do homework

Post by juanjose10 Wed 21 Oct - 9:17

I disagree with the thought that children don't have to do homework. In the majority of the cases homework is a peace of cake for students because they already understood the topic in class. The function of homework is to practice the topics, so in that way student are allowed to remember it, and get better results. I believe that student may don't do the homework when this is to difficult and it deserve teacher's help. However student must do homework because they have the sufficient tools to resolve the different problems that homework has.

juanjose10
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by michi_pantin Wed 21 Oct - 9:19

Just as you do, I believe that schools should not force students to do homework because most of it is useless when you try to review for a test. I must say that there are some exceptions like maths homework because it allows you to practice. For teachers it will be hard to see eye to eye with students on this topic but it would be good to discuss it.

michi_pantin
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanaolave Wed 21 Oct - 9:31

I agree with Manuela, because although homework help students to review topics, it is a big charge for them and can cause stress to students who spend a lot of time in school ,teachers should give a hand to students by not giving homework. It should be optional.

Juanaolave
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamito Wed 21 Oct - 12:42

It should be optional. Homework has been a waste of time since students enter to school. For what is homework? For practising? That is why school teach it on classes and could be optional to study for an exam. Why homework having good teachers that explain better so the topic would be understood. Me, as an student, disagrees with the implementation of homework.
Yamito
Yamito
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiescobar11227 Wed 21 Oct - 13:22

In the actual society I can notice that teenager created the method of copying homework and actually is based because of the fact that is obligatory in many of schools;however, imagine the possibility of choosing if I will do it or no. Homework will be used only for those who really need it or either to those that want to rehearse what they have seen at class. Homework is classified as a strategy for being better in one case or either more than one; moreover, if they force you we are going to created the thought of not doing it or basically copying it. For the future it will be grateful to have this opportunity because of the consequence it will bring and can permit us to have the option of making it or not.

Santiescobar11227
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down