Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could travel in time, would you kill Hitler before he grows up?

4 posters

Go down

If you could travel in time, would you kill Hitler before he grows up? Empty If you could travel in time, would you kill Hitler before he grows up?

Post by juancamilobustosg Fri 14 Oct - 18:30

Comment below. Exclamation
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

If you could travel in time, would you kill Hitler before he grows up? Empty Re: If you could travel in time, would you kill Hitler before he grows up?

Post by Laura Algarra Sat 15 Oct - 20:30

If I could travel in time I wouldn't kill Hitler... If I kill Hitler I would have to kill also others who have created dangerous weapons to the world, like the atomic bomb and the dynamite, I would have to kill the ones that, as Hitler, affected a certain community or the world in general in order for it to be fair. I can't kill someone who killed many Jewish and let alive Robert Oppenheimer or Albert Einstein who created the atomic bomb which, nowadays, is basically the weapon in which our lives depend on. Obviously Einstein and Oppenheimer besides creating such a mortal weapon have created and discover pied other many important things for the world's development; however, they also created a weapon with no cure. They helped the world and they also created something that will destroy it in a second. I wouldn't kill anyone if I could travel in time but surely I would try to stop some things to happen, to prevent some situations like the holocaust , the implementation of Uranium for the creation of the atomic bomb, the creation and utilization of the guillotine, etc.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

If you could travel in time, would you kill Hitler before he grows up? Empty Re: If you could travel in time, would you kill Hitler before he grows up?

Post by Saarangom Thu 20 Oct - 16:23

I wouldn't kill him because of Thomas Aquinas' argument of regression and the Butterfly Effect too. Something must cause another thing, right? That other thing will cause another and it can do a Domino Effect. I think my life is fine and don't want any possible alterations.

Or if you are talking about time-traveling in other parallel dimensions, other timelines, then I wouldn't either because I think that he had an opinion. Whatever opinion seems to me isn't the absolute truth, so what you write and what I write are not always near the reality. What other way could he had had at that time? I understand that he let Jews exit the country so there was a little bit of mercy from him, I guess.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by La Xime Sat 22 Oct - 21:33

No, owing to if I kill him there will be an alternation in the past and possibly the present that we know will not be the same as it was. Due to this we can not change the past, we can only learn about it. Thank to this the world created the ONU to try to stop another catastrophe like the Third World War. If I kill Hitler the world will not learn how wrong or bad is to make a massive killing so possible a another or worst killer will appear and the Second World War will have been worst.
La Xime
La Xime
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juancamilobustosg Sun 23 Oct - 12:39

Saarangom wrote:I wouldn't kill him because of Thomas Aquinas' argument of regression and the Butterfly Effect too. Something must cause another thing, right? That other thing will cause another and it can do a Domino Effect. I think my life is fine and don't want any possible alterations.

Or if you are talking about time-traveling in other parallel dimensions, other timelines, then I wouldn't either because I think that he had an opinion. Whatever opinion seems to me isn't the absolute truth, so what you write and what I write are not always near the reality. What other way could he had had at that time? I understand that he let Jews exit the country so there was a little bit of mercy from him, I guess.
Sergio I hink opinions have a limit in Internatonal law and war. Ideas like the organization of a state between centralism and policentralism have a limit when the organization has a relationship with killing a certain type of people which in this case is the Jews. He didn't have a bit of mercy as he satbed Polony in the back by invading them and torturing to then kill their jew population.
juancamilobustosg
juancamilobustosg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down