Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has contributed the most to reach peace in Colombia, Álvaro Uribe or Juan Manuel Santos?

+9
NicolasBetancourt
gabrielaaguirre1
Yamito
juanjose10
Manuelacastrillon
valentinacoba
mariasaavedra
MarianaSantafé
jorgerey
13 posters

Go down

Who has contributed the most to reach peace in Colombia, Álvaro Uribe or Juan Manuel Santos?  Empty Who has contributed the most to reach peace in Colombia, Álvaro Uribe or Juan Manuel Santos?

Post by jorgerey Thu 23 Apr - 8:09

Recently, politicians have tried to reach peace for Colombia. Álvaro Uribe fought against  narcoterrorist, armed groups, while Juan Manuel Santos is currently in the process of peace dialogues with this same groups; however, neither  of them has achieved major things in terms of peace for Colombia. Uribe manteined this narcoterrorists somehow controlled fighting against them, but never came up with a definitive solution. Santos is trying to reach peace with this dialogues, but not much has been changed because this groups are still attacking the country, and the agreements aren't favouring the Colombian citizenship. Which one has contributed effectively for Colombian peace?

jorgerey
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Who has contributed the most to reach peace in Colombia, Álvaro Uribe or Juan Manuel Santos?  Empty Re: Who has contributed the most to reach peace in Colombia, Álvaro Uribe or Juan Manuel Santos?

Post by MarianaSantafé Thu 23 Apr - 12:07

For me Santos is better, not just because he is trying to reach peace to the country, but also because in the time that he has being president there is a total of 11 soldiers killed. On the other hand, in Uribe's period he killed al least 289 soldiers. So the point is that i prefer Santos.

MarianaSantafé
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Who has contributed the most to reach peace in Colombia, Álvaro Uribe or Juan Manuel Santos?  Empty Re: Who has contributed the most to reach peace in Colombia, Álvaro Uribe or Juan Manuel Santos?

Post by mariasaavedra Sun 26 Apr - 13:38

I think that both have made a big effort to reach peace in Colombia, however it has not been enough; Colombia has been in war more than 50 years and it is more than enough for Colombian society.

Returning to the topic, in my personal opinion I think that Juan Manuel Santos have contribute more to reach peace in Colombia, not only because of the dialogues in the Habana, but also because it is a challenge for him that he want to achieve and a commitment with Colombian population.

mariasaavedra
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by valentinacoba Sun 26 Apr - 14:19

even though uribe and santos had make an effort to help colombia to reach the peace, we cant foorget that peace process in this country has almost the same years as war, and one way or another we know that on the diferents goverments was done an effort for this objective;However, in Uribe goverment has been achieved for the first time important results in where the country again regain confidence in their government without feeling threatened on the roads and streets of the country. In the current goverment attempts and effort had been strong enough that if the peace process can be consolidate in the actual Habana conversations it could be the first time that colombian is close to reach the peace.

valentinacoba
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuelacastrillon Sun 26 Apr - 14:49

For me, Juan Manuel Uribe has contributed more than Santos. This is because peace is never going to end with a piece of paper full of letters. Moreover, during the period of Uribe he ftried to end with the with "La guerrilla", "ELN" and more terrorist groups. This means that peace is not going to have an end, if the problems that contribute to it are not finish up.

Manuelacastrillon
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by juanjose10 Mon 27 Apr - 5:52

Nor Santos had contributed to the peace in Colombia,nor Uribe had contributed to the peace in Colombia. In the Santo's government, the guerrilla " teases us in the face", and in the Uribe's government, the only solution is the conflict.

juanjose10
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr - 8:10

Despite the several critics, Alvaro Uribe has contributed the most to the peace in Colombia. His many actions to end up with groups outside the law didn't achieve the recoaigzation he deserved. On the other hand, the attemps of Santos for peace are crying over spilt milk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamito Mon 27 Apr - 8:28

Despite of what they have done, both for me did anything. His support to Colombian peace is ridiculous compare to what the could do. I see red to those corrupt politicians that can change Colombia, but the don't. Why? Sincerlly I don't know.
Yamito
Yamito
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by gabrielaaguirre1 Mon 27 Apr - 17:46

Manuelacastrillon wrote:For me, Juan Manuel Uribe has contributed more than Santos. This is because peace is never going to end with a piece of paper full of letters. Moreover, during the period of Uribe he ftried to  end with the with "La guerrilla", "ELN" and more terrorist groups. This means that peace is not going to have an end, if the problems that contribute to it are not finish up.

Sorry, but I do not know who is Juan Manuel Uribe. I think you are refering to Juan Manuel Santos, or Álvaro Uribe Vélez.

gabrielaaguirre1
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasBetancourt Mon 27 Apr - 18:09

For many, if not for all Santos is much better than Uribe, and somehow it could be, but remember that Alvaro Uribe Velez was president twice and in his first governmental period he develop great things for the country; however, in the second period lots of entities get off such as DAS. Uribe government develop a plan to free Colombians in power of FARC Remember that Juan Manual Santos increase the problem between the government and farmers. He also was in charge of the last problems between government and FARC because all orders given must pass by him. In conclusion, for me both are not politics who can help a country, but Santos is much better that Uribe, he tries to look for peace.

NicolasBetancourt
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by manuel11 Mon 27 Apr - 18:58

Yamito wrote:Despite of what they have done, both for me did anything. His support to Colombian peace is ridiculous compare to what the could do. I see red to those corrupt politicians that can change Colombia, but the don't. Why? Sincerlly I don't know.
First of all, you don't know how the process of being selected and being pressured for doing the correct things for everyone is develop . Its difficult to understand how changing Colombia would be like;despite of the problems that aren't solve at least this people have the guts to plan a solution and try to change.

manuel11
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Paola2000 Tue 28 Apr - 12:43

MarianaSantafé wrote:For me Santos is better, not just because he is trying to reach peace to the country, but also because in the time that he has being president there is a total of 11 soldiers killed. On the other hand, in Uribe's period he killed al least 289 soldiers. So the point is that i prefer Santos.

How can you say that "Santos is Better" I think your comment is completely ignorant due to the fact that Santos is not trying to reach peace, the only think he is doing is permitting that people die for Peace can not be achive by the fact of just signing an insignificant paper and moreover do you have facts that support that only 11 soldiers have been killed during his precidency period? It is obvious that you do not have a clear idea of the real numbers. In addition the eleven death soldiers you are mention are death because of him, and the only thing he ask FARC to do is to apologize whith the death soldiers family, do you thinck asking for an apologize will give this families back there love brother, sons and family. This does not make sense and there is no correlation between his actions and what he says. So Mariana I would like to ask you do you still "prefer Santos"?

Paola2000
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 May - 18:21

MarianaSantafé wrote:For me Santos is better, not just because he is trying to reach peace to the country, but also because in the time that he has being president there is a total of 11 soldiers killed. On the other hand, in Uribe's period he killed al least 289 soldiers. So the point is that i prefer Santos.

Unfortunately, I have to express my complete disagreement with Mariana's opinion. Despite, the ignorance and lack of reliable data this message provided, I'm totally sure the one that has contribute more to Colombian peace is Alvaro Uribe velez. During Alvaro's period as the governments head, the Colombian population was feeling 40% more safer than now, delinquency was down and military honor very up. Nowadays, security problems, crime associations, and militars humiliation have go up. Moreover, we can see the peace process is only a paper insignificant system in which the incompetent actual president think a signature is the solution, one president who interrupts the attacks towards the illegal groups, but allows the ambush to our Colombian soldiers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 May - 18:35

It is humiliating to remain with our hands folded while others write history. It matters little who wins. To make a people great it is necessary to send them to battle even if you have to kick them in the pants. That is what I shall do.

Benito Mussolini.

So fight and defend you territory

Back to top Go down

Post by JoseRey99 Thu 14 May - 9:10

In my personal opinion, Alvaro Urine has contributed more to peace in Colombia. Why? Simple. In his 8 years political carrer as a president he always battle with the war and he made all he could, rediucting a 50% of FARC but when Juan Manuel Santos enter to the power the FARC got more power than they had when Alvaro Uribe mandate.

JoseRey99
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuelacastrillon Tue 19 May - 19:01

JuanCamiloMontenegro wrote:Despite the several critics, Alvaro Uribe has contributed the most to the peace in Colombia. His many actions to end up with groups outside the law didn't achieve the recoaigzation he deserved. On the other hand, the attemps of Santos for peace are crying over spilt milk.
I am agree with you. Álvaro audible has contributed more to Colombia because of the different actions he may, for example, the desition of finishing with all the war in Colombia.

Manuelacastrillon
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by juansegura1999 Thu 21 May - 20:09

In firsts place, I thing peace is and utopia, now one now watt peace is in real, so none of them help the country for getting peace.

juansegura1999
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by juansegura1999 Thu 21 May - 20:16

"MarianaSantafé wrot.For me Santos is better, not just because he is trying to reach peace to the country, but also because in the time that he has being president there is a total of 11 soldiers killed. On the other hand, in Uribe's period he killed al least 289 soldiers. So the point is that i prefer Santos."
I don’t thing santos contribute more for these process, he is a man who do something with a personal order and thinking and do these only for a price not for a country

juansegura1999
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down