Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you consider has more importance in literature: Gabriel García Márquez or Jorge Isaacs?

+15
Yizuztowers
SebasGuzman98
Yamito
AndresMaldonado9925
NICO CUBILLOS
Gigigravier
julianforerogo
laurabenavides
JoseRey99
Santiago_Garcia
lauragomez
carloshernandez
MarianaSantafé
valentinacoba
Federico Luna
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who do you consider has more importance in literature: Gabriel García Márquez or Jorge Isaacs? Empty Who do you consider has more importance in literature: Gabriel García Márquez or Jorge Isaacs?

Post by Federico Luna Tue 14 Apr - 11:57

García Márquez a won Nobel prize in literature and has many best-sellers, being “100 años de soledad" the most known worldwide. Meanwhile, Isaacs only has 1 best-seller which is his novel “María" and he won no prize. Is winning a prize enough to say which author has more influence in universal and colombian literature?
Federico Luna
Federico Luna
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Who do you consider has more importance in literature: Gabriel García Márquez or Jorge Isaacs? Empty Re: Who do you consider has more importance in literature: Gabriel García Márquez or Jorge Isaacs?

Post by valentinacoba Tue 14 Apr - 12:04

I don't think that we can choose between the two autors , by only judging them because there best seller or prizes. We should consider a whole bunch of criterias like, how do they contributed in the literature? Who contributed or was a pioneer of any literary movement? Judging like this authors we can consider with all of this criteria together who ha more importance

valentinacoba
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Who do you consider has more importance in literature: Gabriel García Márquez or Jorge Isaacs? Empty Re: Who do you consider has more importance in literature: Gabriel García Márquez or Jorge Isaacs?

Post by MarianaSantafé Tue 14 Apr - 12:06

Actually that is a very good question. For me both authors are very succesful and i like both of them, but for me Gabriel García Márquez is the most important one. Not just because he won a Novel Price, but because i think that the words he used and how he wrote are more beautiful than the ones that Jorge Isaacs used.

MarianaSantafé
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by carloshernandez Tue 14 Apr - 23:27

I think that the writer that have more importance in Colombian culture is Gabriel Garcia Marquez because he won a Novel Price, and also because for me the form of writing of him is better than Jorge Isaacs.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by lauragomez Wed 15 Apr - 8:18

I consider that Gabriel Garcia Marquez has more importance nowadays because he has influenced Colombian literature. Because of his great books, the Nobel prize of Literature and his recently death that has been a hot potato on Colombia because of Mexico that has his last possessions. He became the most controversial writer of Colombia instead of Jorge Isaacs that was since 1895 and hasn't had an impact on society since then.

lauragomez
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_Garcia Wed 15 Apr - 8:24

I think that both are important. Firstly, Gabriel García Márquez is important in the Colombian literature because García Márquez is our Colombian nobel prize for literature which happens once in a blue moon, but Jorge Isaacs also has written a great book "María", and he also appears in the bill of 50,000 pesos
Santiago_Garcia
Santiago_Garcia
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by JoseRey99 Wed 15 Apr - 8:28

Jorge Edwards said that literature opens your mind and it's in the mind of those ones who let the literature in. Taking in count this i think that the winner can change depending your literature mind. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

JoseRey99
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by laurabenavides Wed 15 Apr - 8:29

MarianaSantafé wrote:Actually that is a very good question. For me both authors are very succesful and i like both of them, but for me Gabriel García Márquez is the most important one. Not just because he won a Novel Price, but because i think that the words he used and how he wrote are more beautiful than the ones that Jorge Isaacs used.
I think that Gabriel Garcia Marquez has more importance in literature not due to the fact that he won the novel price; is because he is the one that have made more contributions to literature like creating a new writing style called the "magic realism" which later on was copied by many other well known authors around the world. You Are barking up the wrong tree saying that Gabriela Garcia Marquez used more "beautiful" words than Jorge Isaacs because Jorge Isaacs is mainly a poetry and prose writer; consequently due to the fact that Jorge Isaacs is that type of writer, he uses more detailed and "beautiful" words for writing.

laurabenavides
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by julianforerogo Wed 15 Apr - 8:33

I consider taht Gabriel Garcia MArquez has more importance in literature because:
1. Despite the fact that he is dead now, his books will remain in history and will make a legacy.
2. He won the nobel prize of literature , and he was one of the most relevant writters of magic realism.

julianforerogo
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigigravier Wed 15 Apr - 8:33

I vote for Gabriel Garcia Marquez becouse he wrote a literature Nobel price which is "Cien años de soledad". But he didn't get all is eggs in one basket, becouse he have wrote many others that are as great as the one mentioned.

Gigigravier
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigigravier Wed 15 Apr - 8:33

I vote for Gabriel Garcia Marquez becouse he wrote a literature Nobel price which is "Cien años de soledad". But he didn't get all is eggs in one basket, becouse he have wrote many others that are as great as the one mentioned.

Gigigravier
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by NICO CUBILLOS Wed 15 Apr - 11:36

I think that is Gabriel Garcia Marquez, because he has promoted the colombian literature, he have won a nobel prize of literature wrote books that're famous like"cromica de una muerte anunciada","cien años de soledad" and "el coronel no tiene quien le escriba" that are famous or recognized by the way he wrote these books

NICO CUBILLOS
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by AndresMaldonado9925 Wed 15 Apr - 11:54

We can't afirm the importance of a person by the opinion of an organization; however, Gabriel Garcia Marquez is most important not only to literature but to the Colombian culture. His literary works express the whole nine yards of his culture and presents a clear view of his own life. However, Jorge Isaacs is also an important writer.
AndresMaldonado9925
AndresMaldonado9925
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 11:57

We have to take into account Jorge isaacs lived during XIX century, and Gabriel Garcia Marquez during the XX, so having this in mind, I think both authors were very important to Colombian literature.
However having in mind actions speak louder than words, I think Gabriel Garcia Marquez through his Nobel award did more than Jorge isaacs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 12:01

Choosing who has contributed the most should be based on facts, therefore, there should be considered Gabriel Garcia Marquez' Nobel price. The Nobel price is the most important recognization for literary arts, in addition, the fact that Garcia won this price is still a hot potato.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamito Wed 15 Apr - 12:02

Santiago_Garcia wrote:I think that both are important. Firstly, Gabriel García Márquez is important in the Colombian literature because García Márquez is our Colombian nobel prize for literature which happens once in a blue moon, but Jorge Isaacs also has written a great book "María", and he also appears in the bill of 50,000 pesos
I'm in agreement with you. Both could have the same popularity, but their contributions with their books are exceptional. Eventhough Jorge Isaacs is in the bill of 50,000 pesos, his book named "Maria" is know by many Colombians.
Yamito
Yamito
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 12:03

Gabriel Garcia Márquez and Jorge Isaacs are great writers, although many people would vote for Gabriel only because of the winning Nobel, I will vote for him because he gave a new perspective of our language in his work. Although he is dead now all of his work will remain and only because he renovate the world literature.

Back to top Go down

Post by SebasGuzman98 Wed 15 Apr - 12:27

Jorge Issacs has made a novel who makes people cry because of its story. But Gabriel Garcia Marquez has won a literature novel price. His books were excellent whole nine yards, and his magical realism is just incredible.
SebasGuzman98
SebasGuzman98
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Yizuztowers Wed 15 Apr - 14:42

Taking into account their global contribution. I believe that Marquez was a great author; however, Isaac made a bigger contribution. Marquez talked about a town, while Isaac talked about the future. Isaac deserves more recognition that Marquez.

Yizuztowers
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Gómez Wed 15 Apr - 14:56

If the ball is in my court, I will decide that Gabriel Garcia Marquez is more important that Jorge Isaacs, because first of all he winned the novel of literature, and secondly he took the colombian writing to another level.

Vale Gómez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Gómez Thu 16 Apr - 17:26

For me, Gabo was more important if we are talking about literature in Colombia for basically two reasons. Firtly, because he winned the Novel Prize in literature that is a very important recognition, and secondly, because he changed the perspective of literature we had.

Vale Gómez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by isabellajativa Thu 16 Apr - 19:29

The Nobel Prize in Literature 1982 was awarded to Gabriel García Márquez , for he's novels in which the fantastic and the realistic are combined in a richly composed world of imagination,in my opinion I think that these character has bring up more innovative contributions for literature and has leave a important legasy.

isabellajativa
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr - 20:34

MarianaSantafé wrote:Actually that is a very good question. For me both authors are very succesful and i like both of them, but for me Gabriel García Márquez is the most important one. Not just because he won a Novel Price, but because i think that the words he used and how he wrote are more beautiful than the ones that Jorge Isaacs used.
I agree with you. Gabriel Garcia Marquez has been said to be "the most popular and perhaps the best writer in Spanish since Cervantes"according to Carlos Fuentes and has left a huge legacy not only for the Spanish speaking countries, but for the whole world being a master storyteller.

Back to top Go down

Post by mariasaavedra Wed 22 Apr - 20:31

I think that is imposible to compare into Gabriel Garcia Marquez who wrote magic realism and Jorge Isaac who wrote Romantic novels. Gabo have something special in his writings, everything is shown decorated and fantastic which you can get as real. Jorge Isaac attract my attention because his love story was very comment and valued by people of his time.

mariasaavedra
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by mariasaavedra Wed 22 Apr - 20:42

marianaurbina98 wrote:Gabriel Garcia Márquez and Jorge Isaacs are great writers, although many people would vote for Gabriel only because of the winning Nobel, I will vote for him because he gave a new perspective of our language in his work. Although he is dead now all of his work will remain and only because he renovate the world literature.
I agree whit what you said, I think behind all writers there is something special about theme, something that define them, not only an award that is what many people is thinking about for choosing.
Like William H. Gass said: "The true alchemists do not change lead into gold; they change the world into words".

mariasaavedra
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next