Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ?

+18
michi_pantin
marianatorresp
Cesarburgos19
juanitamendez27
SaritaVelezAc99
Vale Gómez
mariapaula
NICO CUBILLOS
SebasGuzman98
Federico Luna
valentinacoba
Santiescobar11227
lauratusso
NicoManrique
Santiago_Garcia
CamilaCastellanos
carloshernandez
felipepedroza26
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ? Empty Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ?

Post by felipepedroza26 Tue 14 Apr - 12:04

Chouse one and tell me :Why is this painter important for you ?
felipepedroza26
felipepedroza26
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ? Empty Re: Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ?

Post by felipepedroza26 Tue 14 Apr - 12:06

For me Botero is the moste important painter , because for me he is the most known Colombian paintor all around the word . I also like his fat people paints .
felipepedroza26
felipepedroza26
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ? Empty Re: Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ?

Post by carloshernandez Wed 15 Apr - 0:20

I think that Botero because is the most known around the world than Omar Rayo, but the abstract and geometry paints of Omar Rayo are also cool, but personally I like most Botero paints because are very funny because he only paint fat people or animals in his paints.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by CamilaCastellanos Wed 15 Apr - 8:03

I think both are very important because Botero art is different from Omar Rayo. Botero paints people, and Omar Rayo paints abstractly; therefore, they think different, but both express themselfs by painting. I thinks no one is more important than other, they are just different.

CamilaCastellanos
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_Garcia Wed 15 Apr - 8:05

I think that Fernando Botero has contributed more to the colombian art because some of his sculptures are in many parts of the world; consequently his paintings are very recognized by people all around the world.
Santiago_Garcia
Santiago_Garcia
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoManrique Wed 15 Apr - 8:06

I think that Botero becuase he is figurative and sculptor, their signature style is also known as " Boterismo" that are depicts people and figures in large, exaggerated volume, which can represent political criticims oe humor; consequenltly he is considered the most recognized and quoted living artist from Latin America.

NicoManrique
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 8:11

Yes Botero could be more famous but Omar Rayo has better paintings, or at least they need a lot more effort to produce. Botero is a great artist but Omar Rayo is not as recognized as Him so people usually tend to think he is better. Omar Rayo in his paintings has extraordinary use of the geometry and visual effects so for me Omar Rayo represents a much better artist

Back to top Go down

Post by lauratusso Wed 15 Apr - 8:11

felipepedroza26 wrote:Chouse one and tell me :Why  is  this painter important for you ?
In fact I don' t now nothing about Omar Rayo, I have hear more about Botero and also I have seen some of his artistic works. The "painter" as you say is not really inportant for me, the importance of the artist is reflected on his creations; we need to see the best thing since sliced bread in his or her work of art.

lauratusso
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiescobar11227 Wed 15 Apr - 8:30

In my opinion both are important to Colombian society; moreover, both of them have differences in the paintings he made. Botero have created paints and monuments of people's and basically hi focus on them, but the differences to Omar Rayo is about that he do not focus on humans but actually in abstract paints. All are important with his own differences this help to build culture.

Santiescobar11227
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 8:36

CamilaCastellanos wrote:I think both are very important because Botero art is different from Omar Rayo. Botero paints people, and Omar Rayo paints abstractly; therefore, they think different, but both express themselfs by painting. I thinks no one is more important than other, they are just different.
I agree with this, because Omar Rayo and Fernando Botero are very different painters. Botero paint people in a very funny way and he is very recognized in all the world; however, Rayo is not very recognized he contributes a lot to math with his paints.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 11:38

Both are very important, but I think botero has contributed more to Colombian art because is Known in many other countries and Omar isn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by valentinacoba Wed 15 Apr - 11:39

Botero is more know by people than Omar, In my personal opinion y like Botero work more than Omar, but this depends on the person , Omars work is abstract, but Botero paint people.

valentinacoba
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by valentinacoba Wed 15 Apr - 11:39

Botero is more know by people than Omar, In my personal opinion y like Botero work more than Omar, but this depends on the person , Omars work is abstract, but Botero paint people.

valentinacoba
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Federico Luna Wed 15 Apr - 11:45

I think that Omar Rayo has conmtributed more to colombian art than Botero, because even though he is not as famous more recognized as Botero, he helped artists to achieve their dreams.
Federico Luna
Federico Luna
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr - 11:57

Botero's work is recognized all around the world, hence, at the same time he has let the name of Colombia in a very important position. Because the whole nine yards of his work are precious works, Botero has contributed the most to the culture of country of Colombia.

Back to top Go down

Post by SebasGuzman98 Wed 15 Apr - 11:57

In my opinion Botero has contributed the most to Colombian culture because he has a carcteristic art that is not common, and his scultures are all over the world. Like in the cafeteria of the Burj Kalifa in Dubai. There's a Botero sculture there. Omar Rayo was a very excellent painter, who had an especial vision towards the canvas. But Botero is better.
SebasGuzman98
SebasGuzman98
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by NICO CUBILLOS Wed 15 Apr - 12:04

For me is botero, beacuse he is not aonly a painter, he made sculptures and have been in famous parts and in Medellin they have a park of some statues about the art that he paint

NICO CUBILLOS
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by mariapaula Wed 15 Apr - 14:52

botero contribute more to the Colombian culture, because he is a person that is recognize in all the world and he let th name of Colombia in a good position. Only in his art we can see that actions speak louder than words.

mariapaula
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Gómez Wed 15 Apr - 20:01

This is a caught between two stools, but in my opinion, Botero has contributed more to colombian art because he made beautifull scultures than gave a new perspective of fat women.

Vale Gómez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by SaritaVelezAc99 Wed 15 Apr - 20:13

In my opinion Botero has contributed more to Colombian art than Omar Rayo. His works have been acclaimed by critics due to the particular style pictured in his paintings; moreover, this particularity makes these works easy recognizable. Finally it is necessary recognize that botero needed to put his back into the creation of these amazing paintings, which apart from being unique are the reflection of a social criticism express through a new comic way.
SaritaVelezAc99
SaritaVelezAc99

Back to top Go down

Post by juanitamendez27 Wed 15 Apr - 20:37

Botero's and Rayo's paintings are completely different. Botero represents, in its own and unique way, the world. On the other side, Rayo prefers the abstract paintings. Consequently, I think both are important and both have contributed to Colombia on their own way.

juanitamendez27
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesarburgos19 Wed 15 Apr - 23:15

Botero for me is the Best artist that Colombia could have. He is the mastermind of all the corpulent animals and humans that has delighted many people around the world; moreover, his love to this ingenious art has inspire many people to follow him.

Cesarburgos19
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Gómez Thu 16 Apr - 17:09

JuanPablo wrote:Yes Botero could be more famous but Omar Rayo has better paintings, or at least they need a lot more effort to produce. Botero is a great artist but Omar Rayo is not as recognized as Him so people usually tend to think he is better. Omar Rayo in his paintings has extraordinary use of the geometry and visual effects so for me Omar Rayo represents a much better artist
I think you are barking up the wrong tree, because Botero with his work show a new perpective of fat women (a beautiful perspective) and also because he receives a lot of recongnicement for his works.

Vale Gómez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Gómez Thu 16 Apr - 17:11

Federico Luna wrote:I think that Omar Rayo has conmtributed more to colombian art than Botero, because even though he is not as famous more recognized as Botero, he helped artists to achieve their dreams.
I think you are barking up the wrong tree, because Botero let Colombias name on high and his works are recognized in a lot of countries.

Vale Gómez
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by marianatorresp Thu 16 Apr - 20:12

I think that Botero is the most important artist because he is the most recognized paintor, in Colombia , he is very creative, and in his work he is unique, because no one around the world has his style and his way of working.

marianatorresp
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next