Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ?

+18
michi_pantin
marianatorresp
Cesarburgos19
juanitamendez27
SaritaVelezAc99
Vale Gómez
mariapaula
NICO CUBILLOS
SebasGuzman98
Federico Luna
valentinacoba
Santiescobar11227
lauratusso
NicoManrique
Santiago_Garcia
CamilaCastellanos
carloshernandez
felipepedroza26
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ?

Post by Federico Luna Thu 16 Apr - 20:57

For me, both of them are really important, norte because of the recognizment they both have-In which case Botero is way better than Rayo-, but because of they both have been important un the type of artística movement the rollos and promote( which is really different).
Federico Luna
Federico Luna
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ?

Post by carloshernandez Wed 22 Apr - 9:16

JuanPablo wrote:Yes Botero could be more famous but Omar Rayo has better paintings, or at least they need a lot more effort to produce. Botero is a great artist but Omar Rayo is not as recognized as Him so people usually tend to think he is better. Omar Rayo in his paintings has extraordinary use of the geometry and visual effects so for me Omar Rayo represents a much better artist
I agree because the type of paintings of Botero are painting of people and animals, in the other hand Omar Rayo is an artist that his type of painting is with geometric forms and is an artist that use the geometry very well and this is must difficult than Botero paintings that are as I said before of people and animals, so in my opinion the people have to recognize Omar Rayo more as they do with Botero.

carloshernandez
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Apr - 10:39

I consider Fernando Botero has contributed moré, because his art and sculptures are al over the country, and he has given Colombia a world wiide recognizion. Omar is also important bit not as Ferny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Apr - 10:40

SebasGuzman98 wrote:In my opinion Botero has contributed the most to Colombian culture because he has a carcteristic art that is not common, and his scultures are all over the world. Like in the cafeteria of the Burj Kalifa in Dubai. There's a Botero sculture there. Omar Rayo was a very excellent painter, who had an especial vision towards the canvas. But Botero is better.

I amo totaly in agreement. Botero is much better.

Back to top Go down

Post by michi_pantin Sat 25 Apr - 14:03

CamilaCastellanos wrote:I think both are very important because Botero art is different from Omar Rayo. Botero paints people, and Omar Rayo paints abstractly; therefore, they think different, but both express themselfs by painting. I thinks no one is more important than other, they are just different.

i agree. both styles are very different but are able to convey emotion in the same way. botero broke the modern beauty schemes by transforming the figures he painted, while rayo uses perspective and color to create playful and unique paintings.

michi_pantin
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuelacastrillon Sun 26 Apr - 15:02

I believe that Botero has contributed more than Rayo, because of the influence of different way of representing the human body. Having in mind that for some, his art is not accepted because it looks crude. In conclusion I believe that Botero is better because of the "movement" that he created, by making other see the representation of human body in a different way.

Manuelacastrillon
Official Speaker
Official Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by juanjose10 Mon 27 Apr - 5:47

I think that Botero had contributes more in the Colombian art, because his fats paintings are post on the streets. he is a person rooted on his culture.

juanjose10
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_Garcia Mon 27 Apr - 19:39

I think that both have contributed to the Colombian art, because Botero's work was a original style as Rayo also made his own style; Eventhough, both have different styles. Botero's style is drawing costumbrism style and sculpturism, and Rayo's style uses geometric figures like rectangles and zig-zags without being abstract.
Santiago_Garcia
Santiago_Garcia
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Who has contributed more in Colombian art ? Botero or Omar Rayo ? - Page 2 Empty Important of Botero

Post by delgadossdvsf Tue 28 Apr - 9:16

valevillamil wrote:
CamilaCastellanos wrote:I think both are very important because Botero art is different from Omar Rayo. Botero paints people, and Omar Rayo paints abstractly; therefore, they think different, but both express themselfs by painting. I thinks no one is more important than other, they are just different.
I agree with this, because Omar Rayo and Fernando Botero are very different painters. Botero paint people in a very funny way and he is very recognized in all the world; however, Rayo is not very recognized he contributes a lot to math with his paints.
I think, as you say this painters are really different, in what they paint, In the way they paint, moreover; I think is possible to choose one of them is more important. I don't agree with your opinions, as, I can surely afirm that Botero is more important than Rayo. As the paintings of Botero are well known all around the world, more than Rayos's ones. But what is for sure is that as Colombians, we should be proud of having people of our nation, because; people as them show the world that Colombia is magic realism, and that we are a great source of art and culture for all the world.

delgadossdvsf
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by SebasGuzman98 Tue 28 Apr - 9:56

I think that Omar Rayo was a painter with great geometric painting abilities. But Botero makes not normal art that is a satisfaction to see.
SebasGuzman98
SebasGuzman98
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by ramirosimon1989 Mon 18 May - 14:09

JuanPablo wrote:Yes Botero could be more famous but Omar Rayo has better paintings, or at least they need a lot more effort to produce. Botero is a great artist but Omar Rayo is not as recognized as Him so people usually tend to think he is better. Omar Rayo in his paintings has extraordinary use of the geometry and visual effects so for me Omar Rayo represents a much better artist
This is a subjective intervention because you think that The works of Omar are more difficult, but that is probably dont true because the work of Botero has a lot of work to.

ramirosimon1989
Idle Participant
Idle Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2