Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you go to class with the sons of a demobilized of FARC?

+7
La Xime
Gtortoretto
Laura Algarra
JuanFelipeDavila
Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
9AJulianFelipe
SEDelgado
11 posters

Go down

Would you go to class with the sons of a demobilized of FARC? Empty Would you go to class with the sons of a demobilized of FARC?

Post by SEDelgado Tue 27 Sep - 19:18

Many of us have an opinion about the peace treaty that was discussed in La Habana, moreover most of us have not been a victim of this conflict as we live in the capital and violence hasn't reached our homes. I would like to purpose a hypothetical case in which you should ask your self if you could study with demobilized people, taking into account the less humane acts they could have done and the lack of opportunities they had. Would you prefer to avoid studying with a demobilized ? Or in the contrary would you give them an opportunity ?
SEDelgado
SEDelgado
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Would you go to class with the sons of a demobilized of FARC? Empty Re: Would you go to class with the sons of a demobilized of FARC?

Post by 9AJulianFelipe Tue 27 Sep - 21:28

Have in mind that, everyone, without making any distinctions, is better than the other, additionally,if you are referring to the sons of the demobilized soldiers, you are talking about a different generation, what means that their way of thinking has changed and it is influenced mostly by the rest of the society, which wants peace. Furthermore, you cannot doubt about giving them an opportunity because they are, as you, human beings, that haven't commit any crime.

9AJulianFelipe
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Would you go to class with the sons of a demobilized of FARC? Empty Re: Would you go to class with the sons of a demobilized of FARC?

Post by Maria Jose Pinzon Gil Tue 27 Sep - 21:39

9AJulianFelipe wrote:Have in mind that, everyone, without making any distinctions, is better than the other, additionally,if you are referring to the sons of the demobilized soldiers, you are talking about a different generation, what means that their way of thinking has changed and it is influenced mostly by the rest of the society, which wants peace. Furthermore, you cannot doubt about giving them an opportunity because they are, as you, human beings, that haven't commit any crime.
I completely agree with your opinion because nothing makes them different, they have the same rights as us, and no one can prohibit them to study, what many colombians are against is the way the government is developing the peace treaty, but children are not guilty at all about what their parents may do

Maria Jose Pinzon Gil
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanFelipeDavila Tue 27 Sep - 21:58

I think the sins of the adults have to be paid by the adults, not by the new generation of children. A kid have nothing to do with the thoughts of his or her father or mother, even though a parent was a demobilized of FARC, that doesn't make the son a FARC member.
JuanFelipeDavila
JuanFelipeDavila
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Tue 27 Sep - 22:01

No one may judge a book by its cover, that kid, son or daughter of a demobilized of FARC, deserve the same kind of education and treatment like us, there should be no difference between one and another taking into account that this is supposed to be a modern era, we are in the XXI century where everyone have the same rights. The right of education and a good lifestyle, we must take care of the welfare of these kids and instead of complaining if they start studying in our schools or not, we should be giving them a hand with the purpose of improving their life, in this case, their education. It might be that the kid become the next doctor who find the cure of cancer, or the next president who guide Colombia to the peace we all want or, maybe, the future scientist who discover new species or a new element in the periodic table. There are endless possibilities, we need to give them a chance. I'll surely be glad to go to class with the son/daughter of a demobilized.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gtortoretto Mon 3 Oct - 18:10

SEDelgado wrote:Many of us have an opinion about the peace treaty that was discussed in La Habana, moreover most of us have not been a victim of this conflict as we live in the capital and violence hasn't reached our homes. I would like to purpose a hypothetical case in which you should ask your self if you could study with demobilized people, taking into account the less humane acts they could have done and the lack of opportunities they had. Would you prefer to avoid studying with a demobilized ? Or in the contrary would you give them an opportunity ?
I agree with you in the point that we never saw the real conflict, as we love in the city, but considering the hypothetical case, I would study with demobilized people, they must have done wrong things, but nowadays the focus is peace, so he even probably making wrong things, he hadn't the choice that we have, he had to grow like this and he deserve a second chance so he can prove to everyone that he can live with other people.
Gtortoretto
Gtortoretto
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by La Xime Tue 4 Oct - 19:19

I believes that those kids have nothing to do with the war their parents have been fighting. That´s why discriminating the kids won´t help them. In addition to this they have the same rights as us. Due to the fact they are kids and according to the duties and rights of the kids:"the kids has the right to receive an education, in conditions of equality so they can develop their own abilities". The sons of guerrilleros could be a brilliant kid but like he or she didn´t had the opportunity to go to a school none of the child´s will no nothing more than the war. We should give a chance to those humans so they can decide what they want to be, in order to follow the rights.
La Xime
La Xime
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriela Tue 4 Oct - 22:28

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to chnage the world" Nelson Mandela. There is absolutely not a single difference between studying with the children of an ex-terrorist and studying with the children of the general secretary of the UN, the process is the same, human rights are being respected and kids are being armed with knowledge. There is not such a child that deserves to carry with the guilt of their parents or neither with their concious. There are simply growing people that might be as affected as we are for the conflict or even more. Giving them the chance to study with us is giving them the chance to create their own image and not to live under the mentality people has about them.

Gabriela
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by ItzjakPosada16 Wed 5 Oct - 19:53

JuanFelipeDavila wrote:I think the sins of the adults have to be paid by the adults, not by the new generation of children. A kid have nothing to do with the thoughts of his or her father or mother, even though a parent was a demobilized of FARC, that doesn't make the son a FARC member.

I totally agree with your point Davila, the sons of the FARC members dont have the opportunity to chose what parents to have. They can´t pay for what they parents did on the past. Our society and specially us, as the new colombian generation, need to stop judging people because of what they did, because of their family and other stuff. We need to start forgiving and giving opportunity to this kind of people that only want a new and frsh start. Arrow
ItzjakPosada16
ItzjakPosada16
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by juanfeCISF Wed 5 Oct - 20:01

SEDelgado wrote:Many of us have an opinion about the peace treaty that was discussed in La Habana, moreover most of us have not been a victim of this conflict as we live in the capital and violence hasn't reached our homes. I would like to purpose a hypothetical case in which you should ask your self if you could study with demobilized people, taking into account the less humane acts they could have done and the lack of opportunities they had. Would you prefer to avoid studying with a demobilized ? Or in the contrary would you give them an opportunity ?
Off course i will do it, because of the simple reason of that their ideas are different from the ones that their fathers has so this will be my main reason, also the haven´t do anything bad to Colombia, so it would be disrespectful from me to ward off from a child just because his father is from FARC.
juanfeCISF
juanfeCISF
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilo.DlH Wed 5 Oct - 20:27

If that was my case, I would study with one. The fact that their parents have done illegal things and despicable actions doesn't mean that their sons would do the same. I would like to highlight that if that happened is because the ex members of FARC entered to the society again, meaning that they accept the ethics and moral of the members of it. With this order of ideas, a son from an ex FARC member would receive the same manners that a son of a common citizen and this wouldn't be a problem, at all.
Camilo.DlH
Camilo.DlH
Sporadic Participant
Sporadic Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down