Colombia Inside Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the most important Colombian tradition?

+27
Laura Algarra
9BJuanitaGutierrez
DanielaACookies9A
Antonia Sanint
sofiamoreno
lauramoscoso
OpTc Felipe Díaz
La Xime
Juanzapata31
oscar.rojas
Nataliaalfonso0
santiago.10945
juanfeCISF
NicoManrique
juansegura1999
Santiago_Garcia
manuel11
SebasGuzman98
mariasaavedra
Vale Gómez
gabrielaaguirre1
carloshernandez
Federico Luna
isabellajativa
Gigigravier
Manuelacastrillon
Admin
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the most important Colombian tradition? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the most important Colombian tradition?

Post by Antonia Sanint Wed 5 Oct - 22:22

Our country is very recognized around the world due to its traditional festivals, that´s why I consider that carnavals such as "Carnaval de Barranquilla" and "Carnaval de Negros y Blancos", are the most important. Each has its own local flavor, and you can often spot regional costumes in living color at these festivals.

Antonia Sanint
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Back to top Go down

What is the most important Colombian tradition? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the most important Colombian tradition?

Post by DanielaACookies9A Wed 5 Oct - 22:30

Nataliaalfonso0 wrote:For me the most representative and important tradition is "the Barranquilla´s carnival" because it shows all the mix of races, the different cultures, the combination of music and it is a very big event, that includes all kind of people, form the smallest to the biggest...So if you have the opportunity to go don´t reject it!

I agree with you natica,because this carnaval lets Colombia show a lot of our culture and traditions, it has a lot of music and happiness is somthing that you feel all the time.

DanielaACookies9A
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by 9BJuanitaGutierrez Thu 6 Oct - 7:00

I think it is Christmas because we do a lot of things that other countries don't, we eat natilla, buñuelos, we do particular novenas and the most important thing we share with our families.
9BJuanitaGutierrez
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 9BJuanitaGutierrez Thu 6 Oct - 7:00

I think it is Christmas because we do a lot of things that other countries don't, we eat natilla, buñuelos, we do particular novenas and the most important thing we share with our families.
9BJuanitaGutierrez
9BJuanitaGutierrez
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Algarra Sat 15 Oct - 23:08

From my point of view Colombia's festivities are the ones who represent us better when talking about our traditions. From the horse exhibitions and rides to the fancy Barranquilla's carnival, from flowers to coffee, from the beautiful women representing their culture to the 'natilla' and 'buñuelos' in Christmas, from the regressive count in New year to the 'salsa choque' dance competitions, Colombia's traditions are almost everywhere you go and that's what we show to the world, that's what can compete against the image of "drug dealers" we have in some parts of the world. Our traditions create our culture, we show the world our happy faces, our great spirit, our energetic dances, our delicious food, our music, our charisma, that makes us who we are, we represent it in our festivals, our celebrations and our carnivals.
Laura Algarra
Laura Algarra
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellaGarciaG Tue 18 Oct - 10:37

I consider one of the best Colombia's traditions is the feria de las Flores in Medellin.
IsabellaGarciaG
IsabellaGarciaG
Town Crier
Town Crier

Back to top Go down

Post by Saarangom Thu 20 Oct - 16:10

I analyse that for the country as a whole, Christmas is the most important tradition. The fact is we share the Villancicos and La Novena altogether entirely. It is part of the complete country and it is very prosperous.
Saarangom
Saarangom
Novice Participant
Novice Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by camilacastroi Sun 23 Oct - 11:45

The tradition I think is the most visible in Colombia is that the people is always living like partying, playing games like tejo, rana, and some more inventions that can be found just in this country; that's what make us unique, the way we see and enjoy life, everyday is seen as a day for playing, smiling, and persevere. Other tradition is the way we can't go trough Christmas without reading and singing the Novena.
camilacastroi
camilacastroi
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriela Sun 23 Oct - 18:03

I think that the most important Colombian tradition is drinking our famous "tinto". There is a song called "Juan cafetero" that expresses the whole meaning of drinking a simple cofee in our country, the work of the cultivators, the historical culture of it and the way in which the ancient cultivators gave their best efford on their own coffee and what it meant to offer someone the best of your job served in a cup that most likely has been in your family for some generations and usually with the purpose of welcoming them in your house. To me this kind of things have a cultural value that nothing can equalize.

Gabriela
Novice Chatter
Novice Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2